How depressing... fat boy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
psyllium husk ftmfw...
anybody up for an i-club biggest loser challenge?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by pignoseWRX
psyllium husk ftmfw...
SRiC vs BAIC? lol. wed lose
Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by pignoseWRX
psyllium husk ftmfw...
me and Roo had one for a while. Im down to have this. I need to lose weight
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
well am at 5'11" ... and i been staying around 170 lbs. for like 2 years or so. Never really went to the gym before. Just used to run like mile or so per day in the evening time. Now that i have been going to the gym for like 2 months or so ... the weight is still there but i feel more energy and muscles building. I eat out everyday of the week. Once ... like junk food u can say .. burger king, mcdonalds, taco bell, jack in the box, carl's jr. And been doing that for 2 years ... never really gained any weight. I guess i have good metabolism
Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
its not even really what you eat. its portion control. The human body can live perfectly fine ona fraction of what we actually eat. those things called serving sizes are there for a reason. i know it doesnt seem like much but you really would be just fine eating that amount.

I dont. i just started portion controlling though. Instead of having seconds or thirds at dinner. i just have one helping and make myself not eat anymore. Also before dinner i will drink a gigantic glass of water to make me feel full so i am not hungry after. Samethign with lunch i just pack 1 sandwich, sometimes chips but i try to eat those baked ritz things and a vitamin water.

Cutting out soda is a huge one too. I cut soda out 100% and i have lost 15 or so lbs. That with the portion control I am at 190 right now. When my wife was prego i go up to 230. That is a ton considering when i got out of high school i was 136. 100lbs in 10 years. that disgust me now that i think about it.

Main thing was when she was prego we would go out to eat or whatever and she would order all fo this food, eat 3 bites and not feel good. So what did i do, I ate her leftovers all the time.

Something else a buddy of mine told me. When yoru kids get old enough to start eating regular food you gotta be careful. Cuz you will make them dinner, and eat yoru own dinner and then when they are done you start picking at there food and its a killer too.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Vitamin water has so much sugar in it.

Better off drinking emergency or something like that. I just drink water. Water and plain Ice T.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Now we can start the debate of tap vs. bottle water!

Tap water - next to free!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Now we can start the debate of tap vs. bottle water!

Tap water - next to free!
tap water is not an option where I live. I am on well water. Super hard super gross.

Even through a brita. Though I try to drink that.

At work we have one of those natural filter water cooler deals. With the rocks and isht in it. I drink like a liter a day or so from that.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
tap water is not an option where I live. I am on well water. Super hard super gross.

Even through a brita. Though I try to drink that.

At work we have one of those natural filter water cooler deals. With the rocks and isht in it. I drink like a liter a day or so from that.
never heard of or seen a natural filter water cooler.... sounds kinda cool

if you are looking for a martial art that isnt too bad on the joints, take up kajukenbo. no jump rope required
Old 10-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I got the brita at home for the tap. but the best bottled water is the Kirkland water from costco. that is some good water.

Arrowhead or whatever it is taste like the filtered it through dirt. Safeway water smells bad coming out of the bottle like its musty or something and Fiji water taste good cuz its all soft and stuff but that **** is too expensive. And Dasani is Detroit Tap water
Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 PM

Yeah well water is no good (unless its up in Tahoe).

Yeah I'd invest in a reverse osmosis filter you can plug up to the side of your house and filter all your water and still get 80% pressure than unfiltered.

Plus you won't feel like you're bathing in sandy water anymore.

Yeah, if you're going to get bottled water - go Kirkland or go home.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:23 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Fiji water taste good cuz its all soft and stuff but that **** is too expensive
my fiance is from Fiji and she says they dont even drink that ish out there.....

and all this talk about carbs and sugars, and noone has even metioned high fructose corn syrup. THAT is what loads the pounds on
Old 10-22-2008, 03:29 PM

You guys are absolutely right about drinking water to lose weight.

German scientists recently discovered that drinking 2 cups of cold water immediately upon waking boosts metabolism by 24% for 90 minutes following this good morning chug.
I try my best to do this every morning. Also, if you're dehydrated, your body will go into "survival mode" meaning it's stores fat. Therefore, if you are dehydrated, your body will have a helluva time burning fat. I tracked my liquid intake for about a 2wk period, and overall, I drank something like 120-160oz of liquid a day, coffee included.

I chug my 16oz of water in the morning, and I take my water bottle (a 27oz. Klean Kanteen) with me when I leave the house. I find myself sipping water in the car on the way to school/work, during class, etc. Before I know it, I've gone through maybe 2-3 refills of my kanteen throughout the day. I think that just having water with you, whether in a cup or bottle, helps you drink more of it. I also noticed that chugging the 16oz of water in the morning gives you a brief energy kick - you'll feel more awake.
________
Fix ps3

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:31 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I'm in the gym 4 days a week, and 30 years old but look 25 on a bad day.
Low fat, high protein diet with plenty of leafy greens during the week. "Try" to be good on weekends.

My buddy has a crazy workout/diet plan being imposed by our friend who's a CPT. She basically put him on a high calorie/day (~4K + intake) and hard cardio (burn ~4.5K + cals/day). Goal is to go up to 190lbs from 178, and drop 8 lbs of fat with body fat % ending up under 7 percent.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by kyoung05
I also noticed that chugging the 16oz of water in the morning gives you a brief energy kick - you'll feel more awake.
I am going to test this theory.

Quick Reply: How depressing... fat boy!