How anal are bay area cops?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 PM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
yea depends what area you are in and the mood the cop is in. i had my exhaust for like 3 yrs on my suby, although it was a borla hush it was pretty loud my friends said. but i never got pulled over for it. i got pulled a few times for other things but they only asked about my exhaust one time.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 2007 sti in shop...itll be a suprise...
some cops actually dont car like i got pulled over today on white road for going 45 in a 40 speedtrap and he came up to my window took my license came back and said so you have an accident on your record from two days ago and if i give you a ticket your rates are gonna skyrocket so he asked me what i learned today and i said speeding is bad he looked at me and let me go he didnt even care that i had a straightpipe on my car...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by jazzml
some cops actually dont car like i got pulled over today on white road for going 45 in a 40 speedtrap and he came up to my window took my license came back and said so you have an accident on your record from two days ago and if i give you a ticket your rates are gonna skyrocket so he asked me what i learned today and i said speeding is bad he looked at me and let me go he didnt even care that i had a straightpipe on my car...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 PM

Car Info: you've got an electrical problem.
2 years no problem on a 3.5 APS
Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 2007 sti in shop...itll be a suprise...
thats what i said as soon as i got pulled over i took out the keys and put them on the dash and put both hands on the steering whel he was a nice cop and said its a nice cat and i just said its my dads cuz its regfistered under his name lol
Old 07-02-2008, 02:04 AM

Car Info: 2001 BMW M5
What's weird is that I would get car raped at least monthly in my civic, and (knock on wood) have yet to be fondled in the STI. Maybe going from black to white?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Cool

Originally Posted by chinoyboi
Let's see... I have front plates, stock BOV and clear windows. Guess won't have too much of a reason to pull me over YET. I guess I'll have to install the silencer *sigh*. But I think i'm going to tint my windows 35% front/20% rear/20% back window. I believe that's legal limit. Hey we should meet up sometime. Nice to know very local subie owners
Yea we should kick it sometime. It'd be nice to have a friend on the forum sice i jus signed up recently. In the mean time watch out for the motorcycle cop officer Collard. He knows to look for turbo timers or aftermarket boost gauges to give you a smog violation ticket. He also noticed the dongle from my accessport that was plugged into my obd-II port n thought my accessport was a turbo timer so he took pictures n gave me a ticket.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
Originally Posted by SubieFoo
Yea we should kick it sometime. It'd be nice to have a friend on the forum sice i jus signed up recently. In the mean time watch out for the motorcycle cop officer Collard. He knows to look for turbo timers or aftermarket boost gauges to give you a smog violation ticket. He also noticed the dongle from my accessport that was plugged into my obd-II port n thought my accessport was a turbo timer so he took pictures n gave me a ticket.
That's kinda funny cause I thought cops were more concerned about Drug Dealers in Herc, I have a few friends that sell, and that's all that cops would worry about
Old 07-02-2008, 10:51 AM

what city was it?
Did you file a complant? I would file with the dept as when he wrote the ticket he based the ticket on poor judgement. He should have never wrote that.

As you get B.S. tickets. Everyone needs to start filing harassment compaints against the officer with their dept and the state and follow thru. We can slow them down one cop and a time. Sooner or later they will get the hint. These tickets are made to drag you thru as much B.S. as possable. Without holding the signing officer accountable for poor judgement or plain harassment. They know what they are doing when they do it. Its called a inconvenience ticket. They write them cause they can.

If its a legit ticket then own up to it.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Yea true for the most part but i think the main goal of motorcycle cops is to hand out violations like its candy. And i heard we got at least 2 of them in lil ol hercules. Hahah, u ever seen a couple cops in town on off sum off road motorcycles? hella funny
Old 07-02-2008, 10:56 AM

Yea true for the most part but i think the main goal of motorcycle cops is to hand out violations like its candy. And i heard we got at least 2 of them in lil ol hercules. Hahah, u ever seen a couple cops in town on off sum off road motorcycles? hella funny
Thats the job of a motor officer.

But they have to do their job correct. Sounds like those are running around unchecked.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by Imprezzy
You have to drive a black Integra Type-R though.
right, make sure its an exhaustless type of exhaust. straight headers!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:04 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by 06STi
what city was it?
Did you file a complant? I would file with the dept as when he wrote the ticket he based the ticket on poor judgement. He should have never wrote that.

As you get B.S. tickets. Everyone needs to start filing harassment compaints against the officer with their dept and the state and follow thru. We can slow them down one cop and a time. Sooner or later they will get the hint. These tickets are made to drag you thru as much B.S. as possable. Without holding the signing officer accountable for poor judgement or plain harassment. They know what they are doing when they do it. Its called a inconvenience ticket. They write them cause they can.

If its a legit ticket then own up to it.
I got the ticket in Hercules where I live ( right in front of my house... again). I didnt file a complaint cuz he got me for my blow off valve ne way, (is that even illegal though?) But as for my front plate, I fixed that but kept the tint on, ima have my friend sign off on it. I need to call da court n ask how the hell my ticket is over $500 tho.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 PM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
supposedly any parts that have serial numbers are legal as long as your car is still within the emissions limit.

as for cops, cupertino has the dumbest sheriffs. they pulled over an all stock STI and did a full inspection in the middle of the day. took about 8 cops to decide if the car was modded....
Old 07-02-2008, 11:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STi
Originally Posted by herrjr
Only Oakland and Richmond (and the areas in between them) cops don't care. Everywhere else you're ****ed.
i dunno about that... i stay in el cerrito, and got ****ed on front plate tint and exhaust.. a few times.. ECPD are *****ess.. ever since goin to court ive been rollin with my dp --> stock cat back

Quick Reply: How anal are bay area cops?