Hoops Playoffs....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 03:44 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Hoops Playoffs....

anyone watchin the playoffs?

I don't have tv in my house so I only catch what I can catch. I watched the second half of the suns/spurs game last night.

I freaking hate the spurs. I don't feel like they've earned a damn thing. They sandbagged a season to get the first round draft pick. The ***** and moan about everything..blah. I just don't like them. They are loaded with great players but I just don't like them. Parker is a whiner. Bowen's a dick. Duncan is dull as hell. Ginobili is a baller but there is something I don't like about the guy.

About the only guy I like is Brent Barry..haa. On top of that they play in SBC Center. errrr. SBC....errrr.

I watched a lot of the playoff games over the years and it seems like the calls fall their way a lot.

Like last night....suns could have cut it to 3 on the duncan goal tending..I saw it on tv in full speed and the tv was small and on the wall 15 feet a way. 3 refs should have caught it standing right there. You CAN NOT touch the rim when the shot is in progress.

Next thing you know the spurs make a shot..that's a 4 point turn around with less than a minute to go..HUGE.

I'm not the biggest fan of Nash either but the man is a baller and never quits. Much repsect for that. I'm not a suns fan....I was actually bummed when they drafted Stoudemire. Loved his game in college.

Speaking of which..that dude strait up dominated that series. Suns need one more guy and they're gonna be insane. Don't think the spurs will be there next year. Amaire went freaking nuts. I mean he was making play after play that just didn't seem possible. When he rolled around duncan and standing in place under the hoop jumped up to dunk on both guys...holy crap. The blocks.

That kid is just gonna get better and better. He even said he learned something about himself in that series.....scary.

Bah...the finals are gonna be pointless for me to watch. I hate detroit and only put up with miami cause I like wade and I'd like to see Zo win a ring. Dude has gone through some isht.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
its all rigged anyway so who gives a ****.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
although i will agree with you, ginobili and nash are total ballers, gotta give em credit. but i know what you are saying about not liking duncan, parker, or ginobili. you cant really explain it but there just something not right about them. like doug christie, i hate that guy but i dont know why.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:05 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
Reasons to dislike the players mentioned above:

Ginobili & Nash: in dire need of haircuts
Christie: makes purses, whipped by his psycho wife

with that being said they are all great players with the exception of christie who is just a great defender but has little to no offense.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:23 PM

How about this...ex-warriors on playoff teams. I'll start but I'm sure there's more.

Washington: Jamison, Arenas
Houston: Sura
Dallas: Dampier, Avery Johnson/Donn Nelson(coach)
Philly: Robinson, Webber
Minnesota(not in playoffs, but close): Sprewell
Seattle: Fortson
Memphis: Cardinal
Denver: Boykins
Indiana: Davis

What does this mean...nothing really, just thought it was interesting to see so many familiar faces in the playoffs.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
theres like 16 ex-warriors in the playoffs this year
Old 06-02-2005, 05:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Brent Barry. Spurs
Larry Hughes. Wizzards
Jon Barry. Sonics
Clifford Robinson. Nets
Jim Jackson. Suns
Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 PM
diz

Car Info: 04 sti / 02 wrx / 01 cbr600 f4i
amare never went to college...they drafted him straight outta high school.

but with everything else, i agree. although i have to support timmy cuz im a wake forest basketball guy. i think the suns deserved to win this series more, but they need to work on their defense for next year. q.rich, johnson, and marion can just get plain lazy in the paint on d.

i don't have much love for the pistons nor the heat, but i just hate the pistons so much more. finals: go san antonio!

Last edited by diz; 06-02-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
diz

Originally Posted by mbquarts
How about this...ex-warriors on playoff teams. I'll start but I'm sure there's more.

Washington: Jamison, Arenas
Houston: Sura
Dallas: Dampier, Avery Johnson/Donn Nelson(coach)
Philly: Robinson, Webber
Minnesota(not in playoffs, but close): Sprewell
Seattle: Fortson
Memphis: Cardinal
Denver: Boykins
Indiana: Davis

What does this mean...nothing really, just thought it was interesting to see so many familiar faces in the playoffs.
+1.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by diz
amare never went to college...they drafted him straight outta high school.

but with everything else, i agree. although i have to support timmy cuz im a wake forest basketball guy. i think the suns deserved to win this series more, but they need to work on their defense for next year. q.rich, johnson, and marion can just get plain lazy in the paint on d.

i don't have much love for the pistons nor the heat, but i just hate the pistons so much more. finals: go san antonio!

true that...2002. out of florida. I was spacing out.

I just remember being bummed the warriors (didn't) take him. Dunleavy is nice but I didn't see him as a 3rd pick. I was rooting for the warriors to take amare or gooden. But dunleavy has nba blood..

sorry for the space out.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mbquarts

The fact that the wiz had 3 ex warriors in their starting 5 says something.

bah.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:45 PM
diz

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
true that...2002. out of florida. I was spacing out.

I just remember being bummed the warriors (didn't) take him. Dunleavy is nice but I didn't see him as a 3rd pick. I was rooting for the warriors to take amare or gooden. But dunleavy has nba blood..

sorry for the space out.
LOL it seems like nba blood = guaranteed draft pick. *cough*luke walton*cough*

amare > gooden > dunleavy

i love the warriors (and the cavs), but it's the truth
Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Yeah, the warriors have made a ton of horrible trades over the years but hopefully that is over now! I'm anxiously awaiting next season, so we can get back to the excitment of the run TMC days!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Brent Barry. Spurs
Larry Hughes. Wizzards
Jon Barry. Sonics
Clifford Robinson. Nets
Jim Jackson. Suns
Brent Barry never played for the Warriors.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:42 PM

ok the spurs just beat the suns with the best record in the NBA and have won 2 championships already......I guess it was just luck.......duncan for any team is a impossible match-up........you can say the heat will win the series against detroit, ok the lineups will be duncan vs haslem........duncan wins that easy.....you might counter that zo will gaurd timmy but zo will foul out against timmy, damon jones couldnt hold tony parkers jock strap and ginobili will cancel out wade, shaq is hurt and mohammed and nesterovic will contain him and plus bruce bowen will D up eddie jones easy.........I think this series is a non series and look forward to the spurs sweeping whoever comes out of the east.

Quick Reply: Hoops Playoffs....