Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
i wrapped my GC in all vinyl, cost me like 80 bucks in material
Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
^^^

thx bluwrxwgn

Don't get me wrong, doing vinyl wrap is never perfect, there will be blemishes much like a paint job. Even for the price that was quoted, its OK, personally if I were to just do a roof, I'd charge 40 bucks plus materials. It's typically an hour to two hour job.

Wrapping a car is a different story, this took my 4 weekends to do along with bribing a friend with Alcohol and food. It's hard to lay the large areas by yourself.

You can see some of the blemishes but for the most part its ok and most people don't even notice.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:50 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
^^^

thx bluwrxwgn

Don't get me wrong, doing vinyl wrap is never perfect, there will be blemishes much like a paint job. Even for the price that was quoted, its OK, personally if I were to just do a roof, I'd charge 40 bucks plus materials. It's typically an hour to two hour job.

Wrapping a car is a different story, this took my 4 weekends to do along with bribing a friend with Alcohol and food. It's hard to lay the large areas by yourself.

You can see some of the blemishes but for the most part its ok and most people don't even notice.
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with her that I can see.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 08 WRX 4dr
^^^

thx bluwrxwgn

Hmm where did you get the materials? and its ONLY $40 for the WHOLE CAR? wow, you must be getting some sick deal on the materials..?

would you be willing to do a side job? I'll pay you... ? I'm looking to do the carbon fiber wrap for the hood and maybe the roof too.. ? LMK

Thanks...

Old 02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by iMPoRT GeeK
Hmm where did you get the materials? and its ONLY $40 for the WHOLE CAR? wow, you must be getting some sick deal on the materials..?

would you be willing to do a side job? I'll pay you... ? I'm looking to do the carbon fiber wrap for the hood and maybe the roof too.. ? LMK

Thanks...

80 bucks in materials

http://www.hexis-graphics.com/en

I got the cheaper stuff, there is more expensive stuff that is ALOT easier to work with, but I've been messing with vinyl for about 10 years now so I was able to get this to work.

I'd say try it yourself. If you wanna pay someone to do it, try Rommel, his price is pretty fair if he quoted you 250 ish for materials and labor.