View Poll Results: Do I have a chance of getting my fast sleeper in a Mod Magazine?
Yes you have a chance, get it done and give it a try
51.92%
Naw, your car sucks because of A, B, and C.
19.23%
You suck STiYLIN stop posting ;D
28.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinion abut getting in s mod mag

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 06:06 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by flatline
honestly i understand you busted your ***** on the buildup, but you need a car that really stands out.

Maybe a sleeper with a GT42R or something along those lines.

A 20 G is by no means a crazy exotic setup.

Dont get me wrong, i love the way your car sits, its a perfect daily driver, just not show material.

Oh and you want to see murdered out, come out to barnes and noble my friend, i will show you murdered out.

Thanks for the input. I do however do't want to show the car but hopefully get a page or two about my buildup and my results. I think I will get all my ducks in a row and think of a pitch and give it a go.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
I would say if you have a story along with the mods that is catchy and makes a worthwhile read you have a shot. If you reference the article with the STI in D-Sport this past month the car was not by any means flashy or blingy and simply had a built motor with a GT30r and some choice wheels. The pitch on the story was that a family man built the car over a couple of years while still maintaining his family first or something to that like. The car was a sleeper as well. I will dig up the article if I can find it.

Mike
Thanks for the advice m8. I will get my build finished, get it detailed and get to writing.

btw I am going to need some meth.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by wrxguy
i think if you had some brides, wide *** wheels with crazy offset.. youd make it into a mag..
Oh new rims are going on before I try it. The Spec C Type RA wheels to be exact. I think they come in 18X8.5-9.0

Old 12-22-2007, 06:13 PM

oh and STi leather front seats will be mine!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:58 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
You need to talk to the Mach shop in San Francisco. They have a car that is truly beautiful and should be in a magazine. They drove one day with us on a San Francisco meet and I fell in love with their car. I think they attended the Time Attack in Laguna Seca this year as well.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:27 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
yeah you need a story...yo i built my baby all while keepin mah hustle on in da deep nor call baabbbbbbbbbbbyyy
Old 12-23-2007, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
yeah you need a story...yo i built my baby all while keepin mah hustle on in da deep nor call baabbbbbbbbbbbyyy
HAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:28 PM

Well plan is to finish the motor, get the rims, break in the motor. Get to GST and like Mike work his magic with a meth kit. Detail the car and fix any minor flaws. Paint the IM Krinkle black. Get two leather front seats, preferably the STi Lmiteds and write my story.

Hopefully this will be complete by March-April 08.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, even the h8'rs. Believe it or not the negativity drives me more to try and achieve my dreams and goals.

Also thanks to GST for the support on my car's goals since day 1 and I know they will stick with me until they are realized. Thanks Mike and Greg!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 2006 Evo IX SSL
finally got the 20g?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by turbosmurf02
finally got the 20g?
Yup yup, it's the FP 20G 8cm with porting on the hotside. Can't wait to get my coated JE pistons, rings, and Cosworth bearings so I can put it all back together. What a job! Come check it out sometime.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:56 PM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
wheels

were did you get the wheels.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Car Info: Fast
I have actually been wanting to try and get into Subiesport for a while. Most of the cars they feature are lame (which means I won't get in lol). Either tuner shop cars, cars owned by chicks (who the **** cares anyway?!?guess I am just not a leghumper) or credit card builds that use NOS, funky mismatched setups and no tuning.

A little off topic, but have you noticed some of the atrociously ugly cars that take prizes in car shows? What is with carbon fiber anyway, I think it is god awfully ugly, unless the ENTIRE CAR is carbon fiber.

You know, we should get all our current mods "finished", and get into Mod mag or Subiesport as rural area modders. Ya know, we are in the boondocks, and have sicker cars than most with high paying city jobs and a tuner shop a block away :P

And screw the STI seats, you want Recaro leather!! haha

Last edited by aboothman; 12-23-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
I have actually been wanting to try and get into Subiesport for a while. Most of the cars they feature are lame (which means I won't get in lol). Either tuner shop cars, cars owned by chicks (who the **** cares anyway?!?guess I am just not a leghumper) or credit card builds that use NOS, funky mismatched setups and no tuning.

A little off topic, but have you noticed some of the atrociously ugly cars that take prizes in car shows? What is with carbon fiber anyway, I think it is god awfully ugly, unless the ENTIRE CAR is carbon fiber.

You know, we should get all our current mods "finished", and get into Mod mag or Subiesport as rural area modders. Ya know, we are in the boondocks, and have sicker cars than most with high paying city jobs and a tuner shop a block away :P

And screw the STI seats, you want Recaro leather!! haha
I say we do try it together, two hill billy's that do all their own wrenching.

And yes, your seats are beautiful man, but oh so spensive.....
Old 12-23-2007, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by moreda_5
were did you get the wheels.

Haven't sourced them yet, just like the seats. That's another $2500 I have to save in the next two months while I put my car back together.

www.japanparts.com has them, but don't get any funny ideas

Here's the sexy seats

Last edited by STiYLIN; 12-23-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:54 AM

You car is awesome in everyway. I think subysport will consider it, but if you are looking to be on the center fold or big pages on Turbo or Import Tuners you will need some crazy *** body kit and hella stickers.

I think if you get some baller wheels that will do it. I LOOKS too stock right now to be on the cover of a magazine. It just has to be catchy.

Quick Reply: Honest opinion abut getting in s mod mag