Be Honest: How many of you still on the tit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:29 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
There will always be someone out there with a bigger sponsorship and more expensive toys to brag about so enjoy your own. If I were handed a new STi, I would drive it with a smile. Make mine a crystal grey '05.
Cheers,
Jacob
Hahha no doubt. I'd have kicked and screamed for a silver M3 if my parents had the means
Old 03-08-2005, 11:36 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I have been free of any support other than my own since age 17, and supported a few other people here and there when necessary. When I was a kid, I bought my own school clothes and everything else save the necessities. My belongings are small and insignificant in the skewed nature of this area, but they make me happy through and through. I see people getting pissy about the kiddies with free STi's and such but ya know, cheers to your good fortune. Doing it yourself is hard. There will always be someone out there with a bigger sponsorship and more expensive toys to brag about so enjoy your own. If I were handed a new STi, I would drive it with a smile. Make mine a crystal grey '05.

Cheers,

Jacob
w3rd.

You back from Sweden yet?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:23 PM

Car Info: 1999 Forester
My parents bought my car for me. They offered, honestly. My dad actually had been pushing me to buy an Impreza Wagon for a long time. He is a long wagon fan, and was always telling me how I could go up to Tahoe in it with AWD, and always have plenty of room with whatever I wanted to do.

When he saw WRXs, he told me about them. At that point I was driving his old 92 Maxima, which was an awesome car and I would still have no problem driving today. I constantly asked them, "Are you sure you guys want to do this?" And they did, they wanted me in safe, reliable car, that I could keep/enjoy for a long time. My grandma offered to pay $5000 down and my parents matched her. It's paid off this month and is in my name now.

I live at home still, so no rent to worry about. I pay for food at my girlfriend's cause I eat there a lot, and all my other bills. I'm 19 and have had my WRX since I was 17.

Last edited by milesmatics; 03-08-2005 at 02:28 PM.