Be Honest: How many of you still on the tit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:15 AM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
22- Full Time Student

Live at Home- Student/Free Rent

Deal is, long as I'm a student:

Insurance is paid for. I get my medical (no dental) through my mom's work as a student.

Tutiton is also covered, as long as I am a student.

I personally don't agree with the American view on independence. My parents will take care of me until I gradute with a degree. I will, in turn, t ake care of them when they age into senority. As the oldest, I will stay with them for the rest of their lives, making sure they are taken care of. Bonus for me is that The house becomes mine really at some point.

I'm actually looking into getting property myself right now. For Investment.

-Gagan
good point gagan. the culture in the philippines is you live with your parents pretty much until you're married and have your own family. after that you take care of them. either they live with you or you have your own home in a compound where pretty much anyone in the family that wants to stay around lives. but then again, this is the US...things are very different here.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Went to college at 18. Was fully supported for the whole time, though I picked up a side job that paid well enough to allow me to be independent (probably with a little work and a few loans), but my parents said they'd still keep supporting me until I graduated. I ended up talking them into not supporting me fully, only school + books + misc. living/medical expenses. Enough so that I was still legally covered by my parents medical/dental/vision insurance.

Then I graduated, but couldn't find work (quit my old job to focus on my senior year), and my parents said they wouldn't support me if I didn't live at home, so I moved home for a few months, moved out, couldn't find anything stable, moved back, moved out again. About a year and a half of that.

Finally 100% independent as of ~3 months ago at 24.

Last edited by Nick Koan; 03-03-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
i woke up on the tit this morning.

great morning.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:00 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
wow... i'm impressed by the honesty...
i'm 23, bought my car and pay for everything since graduaution. Haven't spent my parents money in a couple years because I don't want to spend their money.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:50 PM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by suby_dude
i woke up on the tit this morning.

great morning.
LOL
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
26 now and I've been handling my own since I was 18.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:12 PM

Car Info: 2004 350z and 2005 WRX
I moved out when I was 18... that was the last I saw of parental financial support.

I'll be 26 this year, have owned a home (my ex kept it) and so now I live in my own 2 bedroom apartment. I own my 04 350Z free and clear and owe just a bit on my 05 WRX and I do it all by myself. I've got me, myself and I.... oh and my dog.

My parents used to always ask me to move home- I think they were lonely. But my bro just moved home from Ireland and is living with them until he finds a place so they haven't bothered me lately.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:13 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by Anna350z
I moved out when I was 18... that was the last I saw of parental financial support.

I'm 25 now, have owned a home (my ex kept it) and I live in my own 2 bedroom apartment. I own my 04 350Z free and clear and owe just a bit on my 05 WRX and I do it all by myself. I've got me, myself and I.... oh and my dog.
Straight ballin!
Old 03-03-2005, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 2004 350z and 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by mcdrama
Straight ballin!
Actually, I trained my dog to pan handle and pick pocket when I'm at work... lol
Old 03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Well, to answer your question.... i have lived on my own since the age of 15. I am now 36 so i'm not "still on the tit" as you say. However i have an "fetish" for VERY LARGE *****. A D Cup is as small as i go. Anything larger is a plus
Old 03-03-2005, 01:25 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
In retrospect, it's funny how much stuff you took for granted. If you're young and under your parents wing, take full advantage of it because getting old sucks ahha.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I left the nest when I joined the Army at 18.
As Salty posted, I lived at home for a month or two when I first got left the Army.
Paid my way through college (BS in ME) & bought my first house while in college.
I never asked for assistance from my now deceased mother, and tried to help her out as much as I could.
My grandparents are millionaires that live like their homeless; they want to leave as much as possible to their three heirs (I'm #2).
Old 03-03-2005, 03:21 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Cool.... lots of serious answers. While I used to think that people had an advantage when spoiled wrotten by their parents, I've noticed that people who had strict or "monetarily tight" parents (wealthy or not) did a lot better, at least within my friend pool. I don't think overmothering helps either... learned that one first hand =).

Originally Posted by View Askew
In retrospect, it's funny how much stuff you took for granted. If you're young and under your parents wing, take full advantage of it because getting old sucks ahha.
That's the truth.... miss the days of wrenching on my car all day long!

Last edited by HellaDumb; 03-03-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by bushido
Well, to answer your question.... i have lived on my own since the age of 15. I am now 36 so i'm not "still on the tit" as you say. However i have an "fetish" for VERY LARGE *****. A D Cup is as small as i go. Anything larger is a plus
Did the same thing! I started University at 15 (graduated early) and moved across the world (2 bags and a $10K check). Made my own empire, I am 32 now.

Don't share your fetish though. Anything more then a handful is a waste. Big top = big BOTTOM!! haha!

Quick Reply: Be Honest: How many of you still on the tit?