HOLY CRAP.... Anyone see the Pistons/Pacers Brawl from last night?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 10:01 AM

chilling at work and a basketball game are not the same by any means... but to each his own ideas...
Old 11-22-2004, 10:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by stimul8n
chilling at work and a basketball game are not the same by any means... but to each his own ideas...

No, they are EXACTLY the same thing. Ron Artest is a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. He was at work..just like I'm at work right now. That court is his office.

Wallace is a coworker and that jackass fan is a customer..not to hard of an analogy to figure out.

Besides that...I doubt you've ever played in front of that many people. And I doubt you've ever been assaulted by someone in a crowd that big and had others in your face doing the same. Because even though it was not a fist...artest was assaulted.

I'll tell you right now. I've had a beer thrown in my face. I did a lot more damage than artest did. If it happened in my work place...that individual better run.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
as long as you have not experienced what those players have, none of us would understand
Old 11-22-2004, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by subiedon
as long as you have not experienced what those players have, none of us would understand
exactly why you can't compare it to being at work!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

since you are not an NBA player and have not experienced it...you wouldn't know...so stop saying Artest is wrong
Old 11-22-2004, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
since you are not an NBA player and have not experienced it...you wouldn't know...so stop saying Artest is wrong
Have you killed my wife? Free Scott Peterson, NOW!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:32 AM

my opinion is that he was wrong, if you don't like that, get the hell out of here, this is a Discusssion forum not a Facts & Personal Experience Forum forum....
Old 11-22-2004, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by hatchy
ROFLMAO
Old 11-22-2004, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by hatchy
what happend to them was not seen on TV...the NBA brawl was...so its different...you can argue that the fan was wrong/Artest was wrong, from what you can see...LIVE on TV

...not the Peterson case
Old 11-22-2004, 10:39 AM

the NBA brawl was...so its different...you can argue that the fan was wrong/Artest was wrong, from what you can see...
yet you just told me to stop saying artest is wrong, make up your mind will you?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

I think the problem is this. We have lifted professional athletes to this god status. They must be perfect. they must not make mistakes. They must always do as expected.

In doing this we forget that they are just like us. They are gifted at something. They are doing it professionally. They are at work. They just happen to get paid a **** load more than we do to do it.

They are responsible for actions just like we are responsible. But to expect them to be extra ordinary all the time and to ignore stuff like this ALL the time is just not rational.

So that's exactly why I can compare it to being at work he was at work. he gets played to play ball.

It's a sad thing that we do to professional athletes. i've talked with a few of them on several occassions about the sports they play and actually on this very topic. What it's like to be expected to be perfect. One of which was my cousin. Played for the Yankees. And Kevin Mass, played for the yankees as well. Ever see what happened to mass when the pressure came down on him after that huge rookie year.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

yet you just told me to stop saying artest is wrong, make up your mind will you?
your posts sounds like its all his fault...u think it is??? did u really watch what happened??

if u, stimul8n was on the court, at that same situation...lying on the bench...then somone threw a cup of beer at you...what would you do??
Old 11-22-2004, 10:51 AM

i never said the fans didn't do anything wrong and that it was all artest's fault, i just think that artests reactions was WAY over the line. I answered to YOUR post before with those same thoughts

not just cups...they were throwing cups of beer, food, even chairs, and kinds of ****....like i said, just try it...

all im saying is...that fan should have not done that period...any fan of any sport, should have respect for athletes...no matter what the player's performance would be...as long as that player is not doing anything to any fan (like artest who was jsut lying on the scorer's box), then the fan should just sit tight . they can verbally attack these athletes all they want...but not physical IMO.
100% agreed, but Artest's reaction was WAY over the line, it WAS a dixie cup that started it all.

Then the testosterone just started flowing and other things followed which were way over the line on the fans part as well...
Old 11-22-2004, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

i never said the fans didn't do anything wrong and that it was all artest's fault, i just think that artests reactions was WAY over the line. I answered to YOUR post before with those same thoughts
like i said, what would you do?? if you would not confront the fan like artest did?? what could you have done differently??
Old 11-22-2004, 10:57 AM

i would not have jumped in the stands, grabbed some randowm dude and push them to the ground, thats for certain...

i'm a passive person though and don't need to beat someone up to make myself feel better, or get back at someone. thats just me though.

Quick Reply: HOLY CRAP.... Anyone see the Pistons/Pacers Brawl from last night?