HOLY CRAP.... Anyone see the Pistons/Pacers Brawl from last night?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 03:43 PM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
and it sucks that i have artest, jackson and wallace all on one fantasy bball team...dammit
Old 11-21-2004, 03:45 PM

Anyone watching David Stern on ESPN right now? Live conference:

One of the reporters asked:

Was it a unanimous decision to suspend Artest for the whole season?

David Stern: Yes, it was a unanimous decision. One to nothing (1-0)

Old 11-21-2004, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
One word: Detroit.
Old 11-21-2004, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
bas ketball is gay... let go racing

edgar,
Old 11-21-2004, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by 1neWRX
and it sucks that i have artest, jackson and wallace all on one fantasy bball team...dammit
Wow, that beats a friend in my league with Artest and Jermaine O'Neal. The only star player left on his team is LeBron James. LOL
Old 11-21-2004, 04:32 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
bas ketball is gay... let go racing

edgar,

what he said
Old 11-21-2004, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Giant Bowery '84
Originally Posted by 1neWRX
haha.. like a civil war
Old 11-21-2004, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Only in this forum do random thread trolls waltz right in and talk smack about interests other than cars. God forbid that we should talk about anything else. :P
Old 11-22-2004, 08:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
why don't you guys try going to a basketball game, and start throwing cups of beer to the players, let's see what happens??
Old 11-22-2004, 08:28 AM

are you saying that if someone throws a PLASTIC DIXIE CUP cup at someone else you have the right to attack them and punch them in the face with your FISTS?
Old 11-22-2004, 08:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
Originally Posted by stimul8n
are you saying that if someone throws a PLASTIC DIXIE CUP cup at someone else you have the right to attack them and punch them in the face with your FISTS?
not just cups...they were throwing cups of beer, food, even chairs, and kinds of ****....like i said, just try it...

all im saying is...that fan should have not done that period...any fan of any sport, should have respect for athletes...no matter what the player's performance would be...as long as that player is not doing anything to any fan (like artest who was jsut lying on the scorer's box), then the fan should just sit tight . they can verbally attack these athletes all they want...but not physical IMO.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:38 AM

100% agreed, but Artest's reaction was WAY over the line, it WAS a dixie cup that started it all.

Then the testosterone just started flowing and other things followed which were way over the line on the fans part as well...
Old 11-22-2004, 09:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by stimul8n

YES> I'm sorry..but look at it like this.

You're chilling at your desk and some dude walks up to you and hucks a cup full of beer on your face....you're just gonna sit in your chair....wipe your face and keep typing away? Sorry...don't buy it for a second. Damn near any dude on the planet is gonna get up and say...WTF...maybe knock the guy out. Especially if it went more like this.

You bump into coworker at the water cooler. He puts his hands at your THROAT...pushing you in the face. He has to be restrained by several people while you go and sit at your desk. Then some customer in the store walks up to you..curses at you and hucks a beer in your face. No way in hell am I buying that after all of that you're just gonna sit in your chair and continue working.

Am I saying Artest was justified...absolutely. But was it the right thing to do. Absolutely NOT. Artest is not stable...we all know that. But he handled himself perfectly in regards to Wallace going ape ****. It was the second part that put him over the edge. On top of that..he never hit the guy. He pinned him against the chairs. All went crazy when williams came to his aid and punched the dude in the grill a couple times.

Artest first punch thrown was on the floor. When the mexican dude got in his face on HIS court. If you're gonna punish artest..arrest that mexican dude.

Do I think that people needed suspensions..hell yeah they did..but for an entire season? Hell know. 25 and 30 games for the other 2....hell NO. Way to steep. Stern freaked out because he saw all that money walking out the door..fan money.

It's an over reaction...if I was a player in the NBA right now I'd start making phone calls to the player reps on every team about a walk out. It's bull****.

There are what...10 guys on a team. A couple coaches and a couple staff member. There are what.... 14k people on any given night at a basketball game? Who needs to be protected more? You don't see soccer fans fearing for their lives..it's the players...goalie misses a goal and gets beat to death. Is that what we want in basketball..cause that's what's gonna happen if we don't make a point to punish fans for their part in all of this. It's getting to the point in professional sports where owners and people like stern are so scared of loosing money...offending fans, that they let them get away with whatever they want...no punishment...no nothing. This is just feeding the fuel that fans can do whatever they want. Before too long we're gonna have plexi walls on the bball courts like in hockey. BULL****>

I am sick of this ****. The fans were just as in the wrong as the players...maybe more so. Yes the players need to control themselves...but if you were one of 10 guys surrounded by..how many were there....15k people?.... all hell brakes loose..beer, soda, chairs...wouldn't you fight for your life?

On top of that...Ben Wallace getting 6 games. Bull****. He started this mess. He was going ape **** trying to get to artest through at least 5 people...team mates and refs. He went at artest's throat..artest just backed away...laid on the bench.

what's happening right now is stern is doing a couple of things. he freaked..gave the suspensions before talking with people...before really looking at the situation. Second..he's penalizing artest as bad as he is because he's artest. He's the new nba bad boy. he's the new rasheed wallace. The new rodman. the new barkeley. the skape goat.
Ben Wallace is the poster child for hard work paying off..he's the cash cow. He walks away clean.

Pacers are gonna loose probably 25 of the next 30 games. and finish in dead last. At least they can thank Stern for a great shot at the number one pick in the draft. Come back next year and kill everyone on the court.

Artest..hopefully he gets some help while he's out. Records that rap album he wanted to record. Stays in shape...and comes back. But I wouldn't be surprised to never see him on the court again. It will be a witch hunt everytime he touches the court for the rest of his career. Techs. suspension. for everything. Must like Rasheed before artest came along. only worse.

On top of this.... I think the fans should be punished. At the very least..no alcohol at detroit home games the rest of the way. Personally I think they should lock them out for pacer games for the rest of the season. And for all the play off games. **** the fans.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 11-22-2004 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Anyone watching David Stern on ESPN right now? Live conference:

One of the reporters asked:

Was it a unanimous decision to suspend Artest for the whole season?

David Stern: Yes, it was a unanimous decision. One to nothing (1-0)

Stern is a dumb ***.

this big of a decision should have been discussed with every owner and every member of the players association before fines and suspensions where handed out.

Only non players I hate more than him in sports are Al Davis and Bud Selig.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:56 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
YES>
On top of that...Ben Wallace getting 6 games. Bull****. He started this mess. He was going ape **** trying to get to artest through at least 5 people...team mates and refs. He went at artest's throat..artest just backed away...laid on the bench.

On top of this.... I think the fans should be punished. At the very least..no alcohol at detroit home games the rest of the way. Personally I think they should lock them out for pacer games for the rest of the season. And for all the play off games. **** the fans.
yeah when i heard Ben Wallace only got 6 game suspension, i was like thats bs...give him at least 10 games - 15 games, he instigated the entire thing, which riled up the fans...plus every fan that participated in the entire brawl, whether it be throwing punches or chuckin food should be punished also...this whole thing is just an entire mess...bball players make millions compared to these dumb fans, but shoot fans can go so far with their taunting...so much for basketball...it teh suxorz now...

Quick Reply: HOLY CRAP.... Anyone see the Pistons/Pacers Brawl from last night?