Hmm, everyone's post count tanked!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 08:06 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by mmboost
Well sure, if its better in showing that cranky behavior can go both drections We already know that from our old-I-Club days. Slowly but surely the ghost of Nick seeps in. Isn't this how member disgruntledness started over there? Mysteriously lost post counts... then purposely altered post counts... then people just not giving an ish anymore about what they post... then outright fascist SubieGal clones goosestepping through the forums.

OK, so I have a flair for the dramatic

jason

post count loss on the old site wasn't a huge issue. It was the harsh moderation by some mods for personal reasons, instead of them doing their job for forum reasons. But all that was taken care of eventually. OT posts weren't counted when i joined, and regional ones were also dropped fairly soon after. It's just a post count. a number.

But i can see your point Jason. to some extent, i agree too. but we'll see what happens.

-Gagan
Old 12-18-2003, 08:14 AM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
4 posts??? uh... ok then...
Old 12-18-2003, 08:27 AM

Car Info: GDA
this is a good method to determine whether those who posted frequently in the past posted out of interest or with the avatar in mind. for me, not getting a tally for my general non-sensical posts doesn't bother me.

db
Old 12-18-2003, 09:02 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
OK, I'm all for not rewarding post ****** and all, but there are a few of us who do contribute - especially on the local level, without nessesarily always posting to technical forums.

There aren't a lot of ways for the club to recognize or reward contributors, other than silly little things like the avatars, so while by itself the avatar is not a big deal- in reality nothing here is a big deal, so even a little deal like a tiny picture has some value for us socially challenged, obsessive, compulsive, rally-geek types.

I have organized some dozen or so TSD rallies and drives over the last couple of years- sure, sometimes I wound up driving them alone, but I've also gotten quite a few of you guys out and turned on to aspects of subie driving that are fun alternatives to the few annual events the club engages in.

That's a lot more work than posting a bunch of things to a technical message board- and by the way- are technical posts being screened for accuracy?

I mean, what's the point of rewarding contributors to the technical forums if the "contribution" is a string of ignorant nooby questions or even a lot of bad advice?

I wasn't bustin' for it, but I though it would be nice to get an avatar someday.......

but now with only 7 "approved" posts in over a full year, I probably won't live long enough to post 555.

don't miss next week in "as the forum turns"........
will we find out if pork chop and outferno are long lost twins?
will raazin come up with another tag line?
will anyone at all come out for psopers rally?

I guess its time we all get a life.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:18 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Once again,

The post count is not lost. I can still see how many OVERALL posts you guys have. I just do not want people racking up wroring posts just to get an avatar. That is not fair and it promotes whoring. I do not like or want that around here.

What I did is still work in progress. I am trying diff hacks for the Vbulletin right now. They will make you all happy.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:31 AM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
I don't see the big deal about having an avatar.

eg. nasioc - nobody has avatars
clubsi - everyone has avatars

The whole reason people started PW was because you had to "earn" it.

my .02
Old 12-18-2003, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
Originally posted by psoper
OK, I'm all for not rewarding post ****** and all, but there are a few of us who do contribute - especially on the local level, without nessesarily always posting to technical forums.

There aren't a lot of ways for the club to recognize or reward contributors, other than silly little things like the avatars, so while by itself the avatar is not a big deal- in reality nothing here is a big deal, so even a little deal like a tiny picture has some value for us socially challenged, obsessive, compulsive, rally-geek types.

I have organized some dozen or so TSD rallies and drives over the last couple of years- sure, sometimes I wound up driving them alone, but I've also gotten quite a few of you guys out and turned on to aspects of subie driving that are fun alternatives to the few annual events the club engages in.

That's a lot more work than posting a bunch of things to a technical message board- and by the way- are technical posts being screened for accuracy?

I mean, what's the point of rewarding contributors to the technical forums if the "contribution" is a string of ignorant nooby questions or even a lot of bad advice?

I wasn't bustin' for it, but I though it would be nice to get an avatar someday.......

but now with only 7 "approved" posts in over a full year, I probably won't live long enough to post 555.

don't miss next week in "as the forum turns"........
will we find out if pork chop and outferno are long lost twins?
will raazin come up with another tag line?
will anyone at all come out for psopers rally?

I guess its time we all get a life.
Even though this post doesn't count I had to say "HELL YEAH" on your post I agree on each and every word you said
Old 12-18-2003, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
Let's see how slower these forum is gonna get
Old 12-18-2003, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Originally posted by trebsrex
Let's see how slower these forum is gonna get
ANd watch the quality rise.

jason
Old 12-18-2003, 10:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
and don't miss a 2-hour special in BAIC's episode...(2 hours may not even be enough for all the whining, sarcasms, and "i'm bigger, smarter, car is faster, better" bull$hit mentality, maybe we'll cut the commercials from raazin's cheers&ENJOY shirts and fruit juice)

"When jerkoffs get over their egos as they humble themselves."

stay tuned....
Old 12-18-2003, 10:21 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
I bet I have less then 10 posts.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I don't mind the loss (scott, race you to 200) but I completely resent the fact that Daredevil still has 500!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by doughboy
not getting a tally for my general non-sensical posts doesn't bother me.
Werd. If anything, this just means we can continue with totally off topic nonsensical posts and not worry about being called a PW.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
never mind.

:banana:
Old 12-18-2003, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

see.

:banana:

Quick Reply: Hmm, everyone's post count tanked!