HIN cops

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
i actually didnt see one cop when i got my car out.. but then again, i had to wait an extra hour to get my car out cause we had to disassemble our booth...

i saw everyone getting pulled over, while i was waiting though.. sfpd sucks
Old 09-24-2006, 02:34 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
the evo getting pulled over for no front plate was *****in about it on Norcal evo

What do you expect when you drive an illegally modded car, to a car show, that you KNOW will be swarming with cops

If you play with fire, you WILL get burned
Old 09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
as what Ruel said, we didnt see one cop on our way home. we didnt get out of the park til about 12, maybe 1230 or so. by that time, all the cops must have left the area.

-Ave
Old 09-24-2006, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by ucbsti
the evo getting pulled over for no front plate was *****in about it on Norcal evo

What do you expect when you drive an illegally modded car, to a car show, that you KNOW will be swarming with cops

exact reason why we put our front plates back on before leaving.. actually, i put my front plate on everytime i hit the peninsula, i dunno, i think cops are just more lax on mods here in the east bay...
Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
It's all about the front plate on a used or beat up foglight cover, when at a meet or show just pop back on my good STi one, cops can be pains it the ****, but that's what we ask for, for having modded cars. Sad part is we can't really complain about this shiet Few days ago I was in my friends 93 Si lowered, gsr blades, and 5 Zigen axleback on it, cop pulled us over for racing, he was speeding, cop automatically said racing, then speeding, then something about just look at your car, it's a race car, boo!!! Fremont PD suxorz!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
On the way in a saw a blue STi get pulled over by a motorcycle cop- got a pic of it too. And on the way out I watched 8 people get pulled over and I got hella pissed, so I walked up to a cop that had just given a ticket and asked him why people were getting pulled over. He looked at me like it was a secret so I asked if it was for mods or dumb driving- he sad mods like "being lowered and having big exhaust." He then followed us for a while, so we stalled before going to our cars. My friend has an integra thats got like 2 inches of clearance and a softball size exhaust but I am only missing a front plate, so he was hella worried, but we got out of there without any problems. There were probably 30 cops there and atleast 20 cars/bikes!!! WTF?! They exploited all the cars they could at HIN which pissed me off!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX PSM WAAGONE & 1967 vee dub squareback
Originally Posted by pungistik
driving around catless with cops behind u is all bad...
on the other hand, the caravan there was fun (i was the wrb bugeye)
I thought I smelled you. lol I was the 04 PSM wagon . The caravan was fun!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
even with all the cops, there were still people driving like idiots close to pedestrians.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:57 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Originally Posted by scoobie8
I thought I smelled you. lol I was the 04 PSM wagon . The caravan was fun!

yep caravan was fun....dude ar aka x002x how is your front lip when you made that first left into the parking lot designated for the parking lot....that ditch was a biotch and i was right behind you when i heard a "crunch"......lol all of us behind you took that ditch at almost 90 degree angles hahaha
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 06 Evo IX Graphite Gray Pearl
Ya when I was rolling in there with flisti I had my hands 10 and 2 and wasn't even thinking of doing anything dumb. Though my evo is stock I'm sure they would want to inspect it because of being a young guy. People shouldn't of been so stupid acting like fools with every cop in sf there. The show was fun, but it was to ****ing cold.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
it was way tooo cold. i thought i was gonna have the fever this morning but all i had was a stuffed up nose and my body is still aching.

-Ave
Old 09-24-2006, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 05 CMG STi, 67' GTO, 69' Camaro
thumbs up to subydude for bringing out the sweaters!!!! i woulde frozen my **** off!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:13 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by shim022
even with all the cops, there were still people driving like idiots close to pedestrians.
when we were leaving we were watching the drift showoff when the Techno Toy Tuning car was driven by Eiji Yamada and caught fire. standing out by the fence, everyone was revving off like idiots.....
Old 09-24-2006, 07:39 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by DanyoCantDrift
yep caravan was fun....dude ar aka x002x how is your front lip when you made that first left into the parking lot designated for the parking lot....that ditch was a biotch and i was right behind you when i heard a "crunch"......lol all of us behind you took that ditch at almost 90 degree angles hahaha

hahaha... you heard that eh? its not THAT bad... scuffed up yea.. but since its only held by 4 screws... its a lot more flexible... so it just got scuffed up rather than cracking in half.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM

Car Info: 2004 Tacoma, 1990 MX-6 GT
Originally Posted by ucbsti

Precisely why I brought my Suburban. I was taking ZERO chances.

Quick Reply: HIN cops