HIN = Gay ass hater cops

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
Yin speaks the truth.

You pay to play, and calling cops "gay" for doing their job just shows your maturity level.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
its the FREAKING internet everyone! grow some damn skin! if he wants to say gay so freaking WHAT!
I really hate when people act like "the internet" doesn't apply to real people with real feelings and emotions.

You do realize that there are real human beings who type the text that you read, and the text can get aimed at emotional levels of real people who read it?

If s33n met overbear at a location in real life and said the exact same thing to his face that he typed on "the internet," it would have the exact same reaction in your brain. There is no difference.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
On another HIN related note. I was not really happy with the venue.

I understand from a marketing prospective they want to pack everyone in so the vendors make money HOWEVER

I would like to see it spread out a little more and have the nicer cars inside. I dont like how you are all pressed up against the cars. Too much access and possibilitys of accidents I.E. scratched paint.

It was freakin cold. You gotta understand this was HIN being cheap because a building would have cost more money. Just my .02 It was crap the cops were harassing people but hey it was what we refer to in the military as a target rich environment. I learned my lesson unless my cars in the show im bringing the family car. No need to worry about police.

I would like to see HIN continue to happen it is a large part of the import scene but they need to do a better job of throwing the event. They are catering to a younger crowd I.E. underage gogo girls and as long as HIN collects the door fees they could care less.

As for me I think I am going to just stick to subie/evo events where the real cars are. Summer solstice, subie fest, and the occasional time attack.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Yin
there is no correlation between LEO's giving tickets and consumers stimulating the economy.
http://www.herald-review.com/article...al/1038374.txt

I was reading about the correlations between economic slumps and tickets, and there is one. Multiple articles have sited this research done by an economist from the University of Arkansas. In any case, you are incorrect from stating that statement as there is evidence from a study that shows correlation.

That's beside the main argument. If you want to say something like "Well ticketing an import is public saftey to save the planet from green house gases" Then maybe that would be sufficient. However, ticketing for revenues seems more likely than ticketing for public safety (especially on issues such as green house and Global Warming)

People know that the ice caps at the north pole are melting, but what they do not tell you is the record amount of ice building up in the south pole. In addition, there is evidence that shows global warming has an up trend and a down trend. Right now we're close to the peak area of the upward slope before it starts to cool globally.

If you want to say LEOs are pulling people from HIN while just cruising for public safety and therefore protect against Global Warming, I just don't see the evidence for that argument either.

I just think cops want to be picky when they want to be picky and sitting outside an HIN while people are just cruising and pulling people over for seeing a big exhaust can to me is a waste of tax payer dollars. I would rather pay them to get on some real cases against kidnapping, murder, something other than sitting outside a popular car show to pull people over who sure seem REAL threatening to the public just cruisin' home.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
I really hate when people act like "the internet" doesn't apply to real people with real feelings and emotions.

You do realize that there are real human beings who type the text that you read, and the text can get aimed at emotional levels of real people who read it?

If s33n met overbear at a location in real life and said the exact same thing to his face that he typed on "the internet," it would have the exact same reaction in your brain. There is no difference.
I disagree a little bit but lets not get on a sexual prefrence thread. Its hard for me because I use the word "gay" to describe things in a derogatory way. I have a few friends/relatives who are homosexual and for the most part they dont mind but if it bothers them I try to watch what I say.

My argument for that is this. If a gay person said or used the word straight in a derogatory way like " man that is so straight" I would deffinately not be offended even if I knew what they were getting at.

GAY people want equality so lets start with the word GAY in a way to describe somthing that is otherwise different. If it bothers you suck it up and drive on. If its so ok to be gay these days then dont be so sensitive. We Are not picking at your sexual preferance it has just become the buzz word for somthing that is otherwise different.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by Rescuer
damn then i must be gifted cause i do see a difference

cause anything typed in these kind of internet forums really doesn't trigger any overwhelming reactions in my brain especially when its just broad statement and not a direct insult to a certain member...

now if he would have said overbear pulled me over!!! what a gay as hater cop! that would be a totally different situation

btw, my cousin is a CHP and i could say "gay as hater cop" to him and he wouldnt get offended one bit! why? because there are gay as hater cops out there. he just doesnt see himself as one of them
Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
at the end of the day..its the same ol saying "f*** the police"
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by jic
at the end of the day..its the same ol saying "f*** the police"
Rage-Against-The-Machine-Poster.jpg?t=1239042670

guilty of saying that phrase a couple of times but hey i was at a rage against the machine concert and it was all part of the show
Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Ze Mole!

Threads like this are the main reason why I have pretty much left the import community.

I just like to come in here and poke the beast every once in a while.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:16 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
why wouldnt there be gay *** hater cops at an event with gay *** cars and people?! (for the most part)
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
why wouldnt there be gay *** hater cops at an event with gay *** cars and people?! (for the most part)

Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
exception of :
vendors
photographers (even though i'm one)
if you're in walking distance
or people going there to "check it out" once...and never again
Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by iLoqin
http://www.herald-review.com/article...al/1038374.txt

I was reading about the correlations between economic slumps and tickets, and there is one. Multiple articles have sited this research done by an economist from the University of Arkansas. In any case, you are incorrect from stating that statement as there is evidence from a study that shows correlation.

That's beside the main argument. If you want to say something like "Well ticketing an import is public saftey to save the planet from green house gases" Then maybe that would be sufficient. However, ticketing for revenues seems more likely than ticketing for public safety (especially on issues such as green house and Global Warming)

People know that the ice caps at the north pole are melting, but what they do not tell you is the record amount of ice building up in the south pole. In addition, there is evidence that shows global warming has an up trend and a down trend. Right now we're close to the peak area of the upward slope before it starts to cool globally.

If you want to say LEOs are pulling people from HIN while just cruising for public safety and therefore protect against Global Warming, I just don't see the evidence for that argument either.

I just think cops want to be picky when they want to be picky and sitting outside an HIN while people are just cruising and pulling people over for seeing a big exhaust can to me is a waste of tax payer dollars. I would rather pay them to get on some real cases against kidnapping, murder, something other than sitting outside a popular car show to pull people over who sure seem REAL threatening to the public just cruisin' home.
oh i'm fully aware of this phenomenon. its quite obvious tickets go up when the economy is in a slump. i was only referring to the comments about how cops giving tickets are preventing us from putting money into the import car industry.

once again, retarded thread.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
well its nice that the cops r doing there job, lame that they only target imports and not loud: bikes, american cars, or trucks. HIN is ok, i like the show and all but i also like it when i pull up to park and see all the different cars people drive dont matter if they r nice or ****y. i would hate to start seeing people attending to these kinds of events with normal cars, vans, and suv its not a mall its a car show and they should give us a brake at least only in those days.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Ze Mole!

Once again, unless it was all Jettas and Miatas, I don't see the "gay" part of HIN.

Lame, sure, but "gay"? not so much.

Quick Reply: HIN = Gay ass hater cops