HIN = Gay ass hater cops

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
sooooo..... minus the run in w/ the cops.... how was HIN?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
Originally Posted by x002x
sooooo..... minus the run in w/ the cops.... how was HIN?
I thought they could've done better. Last years, they had all the buildings open so it was indoor/outdoor. This was fully outdoor which made it suck cause it was cold and some cars could barely be seen

I did buy that $20 deal with a shirt, keychain, magnet, license plate cover :banana:
Old 04-05-2009, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 07 Wrx STI... RIP 08 STI
Originally Posted by dippedinsauce
I thought they could've done better. Last years, they had all the buildings open so it was indoor/outdoor. This was fully outdoor which made it suck cause it was cold and some cars could barely be seen

I did buy that $20 deal with a shirt, keychain, magnet, license plate
cover :banana:

i thought they could have done better too.. They drifting was better because they had more room than pleasanton.. but they def could have done better. Eventho it was scion, they were giving out new era hats that are expensive hats so that was kinda cool. idk if i will ever wear it. And it was cool they had the $20 or $30 deal where u could get a sweatshirt if u wanted.. The girls were pretty good too..
Old 04-05-2009, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx WRBlue ~v34 sold/ 05evo MR ^_^
were you the one with the pop hood at around 9:30pm?

HIN was a joke. Everything was bigger 5years ago. Will not go again.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
Originally Posted by fryrice
were you the one with the pop hood at around 9:30pm?

HIN was a joke. Everything was bigger 5years ago. Will not go again.
HIN is a joke. I went about 5 years ago for the 1st time, and that was my 1st and last one I will attend.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
truth. you gotta pay to play. calling the cops "gay ***" makes you look very ignorant.

if your car is "too loud" then it's against the law, their job is law enforcement so yea they were doing their jobs.

get it signed off, live another day, drive your car and be happy.
OK. YEAH ITS AGAINST THE LAW!, I got an idea. Lets create a bunch of laws and pretend they are for emissions control, and then even tho they don't affect it at all we will give tickets and earn revenue! yeah lets tax this stupid performance car industry that has continued since the 60's, that did a large part to build America. I'm sure the OP was flooring his car so it was sure to be above the dec. limit too?? oh wait no???

so the cop lied, thats his job? to break the law to earn revenue on performance cars???

what a ****ty job, and a sad use of ones life!

Sorry but its not a cops job to go to a special once a year car show and harass everybody. This **** is disgusting, and it gives me no respect for cops. You sound like you've been raped up the butt by a cop so long you are starting to get use to it.

imagine being a cop, that was all hyped up and got the drop on people! went to the a huge car show ro ruin peoples relaxing/fun time, yea he will really clean up the streets......

I would kill myself if that was my job.

Remember cops are people too! they are just doing their jobs;

real cops don't go to hot import nights as part of the job.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 04-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by East Bay STI
A cop can give you a bs reason for pulling you over. Back in 04 I had a 03 Si w/ HKS Hi-Power CBE that had a baffle in it. Cop pulls me over because it was SO BIG, not cuz of the sound. WTF kind of **** is that I ask? I did not know he was there at a T intersection checking for speeders, I was simply minding my business on my way to my aunt's b-day party. Cop gives me all this hassle, writes a correctable ticket, then after he had me sign it asks if he could see under my hood. It was stock, he said before opening it he would not ticket me for an intake which by then I was at him for not checking first. Went to the State Ref after reading about it in Import Tuner or something about us Tuner guys being popped for lame cbe violations. My car passed, was stopped about 3 more times and showed them my BAR Cert and got away with it. Car was tested w/out the baffle in it too so As for being sent to the ref I did not say send us to the ref, a fix it ticket is needed in order to setup an appointment to have your cbe tested to check for compliance which is half *** backwards!

This is just like the Federal Marijuana Tax Stamp which states in order to get approved you have to have the weed with you, but that puts you in Federal trouble since you do not legally have a Stamp for it, dur! You should be able to test your cbe beforehand and get it ok'd at least Technically we are all criminals in the eye of the law. Who here is willing to say they have never done a rolling stop, or crossed a solid white line or yellow line, made a uie in a no uie area, made a right or left on a street marked not to do so? So yeah, pay to play can be pure bs, I can see it both ways. My thing is if I am obeying the speed limit and you see a shiny set of wheels, lowered, and cbe sticking out the rear and the car is reg'd and being chill then let it slide. Freaking people all over the place driving irratic, drunk or just plain stupid and some person doing their job serving and protecting our community is going to stop you for a car you can hear a little bit or looks loud because the can is 4" and SHINY? Come on d00d! Plenty of States do not worry about that ish period, main concern is seeing any kind of car driving stupid or in a reckless manner.

I am sure you have heard this before "Loud Pipes Save Lives" same is true for cars and bikes. At least a cop can tell a car is in a higher rev range or hear and can easily turn around and track that indivisual. A lot of times I believe cops are just wrongfully profiling imports as being street racers. I am 29 years old and I do not race on the street, I take it to the track. Why is that so hard for cops to understand, it is days like this in which we live in that make me want to build another EG with a B16 and suspension for track days only. Which means having to get another trailer and borrowing my dad's GMC to tow it with. I guess this **** will never stop, and I thought SEMA and other folks had our backs. It's a freaking $10,000,000,000 industry selling car parts and customizing cars a year I believe and this **** is still going on.

/End Rant

-Gio
I don't even know where to start with this one...
Old 04-05-2009, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Yeah I got pulled over at HIN, forgot to put on my front Licence plate ( Then he popped my hood and asked if my intake was legal, It was stock??? Wrote me a fix it ticket and on my way.. But why did he ask to pop the hood? No reason except his curosity. kinda like entering a house cause he thinks there is something illegal there..

But I hear you what is the benefit of pulling me over for a fix it ticket? Has he protected and served doing that? I know I should have my plate on but ocme on there were at least 20 cops just pulling people over.. I understant the cops being on site incase somethign kicks off, but really pulling everyone over before they go in just because they have a car that could have something illegal under the hood?

Anyways HIN was OK didn't stay long was gone by 8pm some nice cars there
Old 04-05-2009, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Ya, I noticed a lot of cars getting pulled over last night.

I seriously thought they were going to have it inside the expo center too, kinna lame to have it all outdoors.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
i fly home to the bay area these days cuz of cops lol.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:09 PM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
most off the exhausts are street legal with silencer but on the other side...what about all the freakin loud Harleys that scare **** out of me every time driving by....
Old 04-05-2009, 02:16 PM

IM going to go out and start waking people up past 2am with my ewg. fight the power
Old 04-05-2009, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 2004 STi
I saw two blue evos pulled over.. Right before the entrance.. Overall, I saw about 10 cars pulled over..4 hoods popped. Was driving my stock Evo ix there.. so It wasn't an issue for me. I just thought it was bs that they pulled people over for the way their cars looked.. I witnessed a car passing by driving speed limit, stock exhaust but with a lot of cosmetics.. And the cop flashed its light and pulled the "girl" over. No front tint either and had front plates. BS!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
i went and didnt even drive the subie and i saw people getting tickets in the parking lot for mods, alot of hondas got rolled on
Old 04-05-2009, 03:38 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
OK. YEAH ITS AGAINST THE LAW!, I got an idea. Lets create a bunch of laws and pretend they are for emissions control, and then even tho they don't affect it at all we will give tickets and earn revenue! yeah lets tax this stupid performance car industry that has continued since the 60's, that did a large part to build America. I'm sure the OP was flooring his car so it was sure to be above the dec. limit too?? oh wait no???

so the cop lied, thats his job? to break the law to earn revenue on performance cars???

what a ****ty job, and a sad use of ones life!

Sorry but its not a cops job to go to a special once a year car show and harass everybody. This **** is disgusting, and it gives me no respect for cops. You sound like you've been raped up the butt by a cop so long you are starting to get use to it.

imagine being a cop, that was all hyped up and got the drop on people! went to the a huge car show ro ruin peoples relaxing/fun time, yea he will really clean up the streets......

I would kill myself if that was my job.

Remember cops are people too! they are just doing their jobs;

real cops don't go to hot import nights as part of the job.
You act like the cops created these laws because they love to pull over people for exhausts. You are *****ing at the wrong group. It's the state legislatures and law makers that created the laws the police are just enforcing them.

Do you want to know why they were out at HIN? Probably because the higher ups told them to be there. If your boss says hey tonight we're working on a special project and I want you to do so and so are you really going to argue against it and say, "You know what boss, I can't do it because I personally believe that these car enthusiasts are innocent and for the most part a majority of them are not going to street race and be douche bags like they have done in the past."

So yea maybe a there's a good bunch of true car enthusiasts that go out to HIN just to look at cool cars and check out different vendor booths and events. There is also going to be a group that is planning and going to act a fool afterwards and drive recklessly and street race. These are the ones that make you look bad and you should be going after them also. There is no way you can pretend that NO ONE street races anymore. Hell when I used to be in the Honda scene it was horrible, tons of little ricers would rev at me and do flybys and a lot of those guys had stolen parts just because the Honda scene is filled with shady fools.

As bad as it sounds when it comes to law enforcement after awhile there's certain patterns and trends. I have been to HIN twice in my life and each time there was ricers street racing and doing burn outs. If it's a closed course and a private event go for it but when the local neighborhood starts complaining about it they police have to go out and do something about it.

You sound like a little close minded kid. Stereotyping and prejudging an entire profession because you have gotten "harassed" by a few in the past does not make it okay to say its a sad use of one's life.

Next time your car gets stolen, or your house robbed or one of your friends or family members gets stabbed or raped I'm sure you will change your mind. The ones who ***** the most about getting screwed over by cops are usually the first to call for their help.

I'm not telling you to change your opinion I just want you to think about things in a different perspective. There are always a few bad apples that can make a group look bad but there are also those good ones. Remember that every time one of these leo's are citing you for something ridiculous theres probably another one out there putting their lives on the line so that these "true criminals" you talk about aren't walking the same streets you and your loved ones are.

Just something to think about.

Quick Reply: HIN = Gay ass hater cops