HID kits are not that expensive after all

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
HID kits are not that expensive after all

I found these folks and it is very affordable and they reply to the emails promptly. I will try the Wideview kit on an H11 set up and see if the plug n play is really simple. They have everything you can think of bulb type etc.

click here http://www.advantagewholesaler.com/index.html

click on the product and at the bottom is the fitment charts.

gino

www.gbmotorsports.net
Old 04-05-2006, 12:30 AM

Car Info: MY13 SWP WRX
im actually interested. PM sent on you....
Old 04-05-2006, 12:49 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Looks like cheap korean made HID kits. You're better off with a retrofit kit using some projectors and OEM components. These "kits" usually blow up after a year or less.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:33 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
More expensive than the kit I got... I used to use a ProXenon, let me tell you, stay away from that crap... even though it's made in Germany it still was a POS.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
I will see if it works great or not this week but I need ratings with other folks that have them.

Any ratings online to back up the POS status? I ordered a set ( I hope I did not waste money) and just curious to see if it compares to the ones I know of and so far 5 guys local have these and no issues yet.

OEM is great but the price sucks ! These guys give 1 year warranty anyways and I did not see any bad ratings last night surfing thru the ratings on the product. Any help is appreciated if you find the ratings before I install it this week.

Thank you in advance

gino

www.gbmotorsports.net
Old 04-05-2006, 09:29 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by gbmotorsports
I will see if it works great or not this week but I need ratings with other folks that have them.

Any ratings online to back up the POS status? I ordered a set ( I hope I did not waste money) and just curious to see if it compares to the ones I know of and so far 5 guys local have these and no issues yet.

OEM is great but the price sucks ! These guys give 1 year warranty anyways and I did not see any bad ratings last night surfing thru the ratings on the product. Any help is appreciated if you find the ratings before I install it this week.

Thank you in advance

gino

www.gbmotorsports.net

Oh, my POS was in regard to ProXenon, not this company. Just giving a forewarning, location of assembly doesn't always determine qualit.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
ill just paint my headlights to look like HID's... who needs them to actually be HID's anyways..
Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by gbmotorsports

Thank you in advance

gino

www.gbmotorsports.net
OEM isnt that expensive, a good set can be found easily for 300-400 (even less if you are patient on ebay) and the output and performance will blow any HID kit out of the water, not to mention it will have way less glare so less problems with cops

I just sold a complete OEM bi-xenon setup for $400, the same as it is on that side except the performance will blow it out of the water.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:15 AM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by ucbsti
OEM isnt that expensive, a good set can be found easily for 300-400 (even less if you are patient on ebay) and the output and performance will blow any HID kit out of the water, not to mention it will have way less glare so less problems with cops

I just sold a complete OEM bi-xenon setup for $400, the same as it is on that side except the performance will blow it out of the water.
+12353123

My retrofit cost me under $500 to do.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:21 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
HID on the 4x4 huh gino....hellz yeah....let me know when you put them in i'll swing by the shop or wherever

- daniel
Old 04-05-2006, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
from my experience in dealing with electronic components (of all types)......one lesson I have learned, that is correct 99% of the time is......"You get what you pay for."

-Ted
Old 04-05-2006, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
from my experience in dealing with electronic components (of all types)......one lesson I have learned, that is correct 99% of the time is......"You get what you pay for."

-Ted

I agree, and with more and more cars being sold with OEM hid lighting, the prices have gone down quite a bit. Ebay is your friend
Old 04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
what do you mean by retrofit?

So I'm thinking of going HID in my 99 Impreza, what's out there? I'd like to go projector, but that would mean Morrettes, or Ebay Morrette knock offs. IS there some other way for this?

Is it work putting HID lighting into stock, regular reflector housings?

-Gagan
Old 04-05-2006, 10:19 PM

Retrofit, as in putting HID projectors from HID equipped cars into your headlights. It requires some custom fab work, but its WELL worth it.

HID kits in halogen reflectors usually produce a ton of glare and not nearly as much output as a HID projector.

Check out HIDplanet.com's forums for all your HID info.

Basically you need

-2 Projectors (100-350 a set depending on what you get, 150 is a good price)
-2 4300k bulbs (50)
-2 ballasts (150-200 a set)

So for roughly 300 bucks, you can retrofit an OEM high projector setup into your headlights and have way more output with no glare. If you want the popular projectors (TSX, TL, s2000, ls430), expect to pay more. HIDplanet forums also have a ton of stuff for sale for good prices
Old 04-06-2006, 01:13 AM

Car Info: 02 aspen white WRX
make sure you buy a harness that uses the battery as source of energ/electricity.
you don't wanna burn your wiring in the car.

Quick Reply: HID kits are not that expensive after all