Help! Neighbors cats are wrecking my paint!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Pee on the cat.
I have done this to a neighbor's cat & it works.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Originally Posted by danielliez
My mom uses these to keep her cats out of certain rooms: http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-Scat-Mat...-Prem-Scat-Mat
I don't know if they would work outside, or if they would be a big enough to prevent the cats from jumping over them on to the truck.... but they really worked on her cats cuz they shock the crap outta them and then they never go back
OMG that would be hilarious to watch!!

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Yes, they smell like **** but they work. Typically they are pellets or fertilizer like in composition and smell like their natural predators (coyotes, etc.) they work like a charm.

A small space heater should be fine as long as it is not out in dried grassy areas (i.e. a dirt mound or wet grass should work fine).
That might be a very viable option. the heater not so much considering at the moment everything is still a bit flooded.
Originally Posted by yayitzian
just hook a generator and some alligator clips to your car.
Go "rambo" style and electrify the whole thing?
Originally Posted by Unit 91
Any time. It's what I'm here for.

By the way... I like the new wheels.
Thanks! Me too! the new wheels/tires make it about 2" taller than it was before! I am going to black the whole truck out, make it look like a ninja! The chrome nerf bar on the driver side is caved in on the bottom from the accident so I am thinking about getting flat black ones...whatya think?

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Pee on the cat.
Is that along the lines of biting a dog that bites you? because I have done that and it worked pretty well. A friends dog is a yappy little biter and one day it bit my arm, so I bit its neck...gently of course. It worked though, the dog likes me better than it likes its owner.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 AM
cal

Car Info: 03
Pee on the cat.
due to embarrassment?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by Electra
Thanks! Me too! the new wheels/tires make it about 2" taller than it was before! I am going to black the whole truck out, make it look like a ninja! The chrome nerf bar on the driver side is caved in on the bottom from the accident so I am thinking about getting flat black ones...whatya think?
All black would be cool. You should do all of the chrome - grille, bumpers and all.

By the way, those electrified mats also work well on roomies. I convinced my old roommate to sit on one at a friends house. Hilarious. Didn't really hurt him, but sure suprised the crap out of him. Yes, he knew it was coming. No, he didn't quite expect what he got.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Amazons Kick Ass

Originally Posted by Unit 91
All black would be cool. You should do all of the chrome - grille, bumpers and all.

By the way, those electrified mats also work well on roomies. I convinced my old roommate to sit on one at a friends house. Hilarious. Didn't really hurt him, but sure suprised the crap out of him. Yes, he knew it was coming. No, he didn't quite expect what he got.
Yeah I may do away with all the chrome and keep the truck carbon and matte black. The doors are de-badged now, so its pretty slick. All the stickers are coming off the windows too, even the i-club me thinks.

I can't believe your roommate did that lol. Those electric mats sound fun!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I've called animal control twice. They say they will come out and attempt to trap them, but they never show up. I may just have to start trapping them and getting rid of them myself. I guess I can buy traps at someplace like Tractor Supply? Then I do what? Take them to the pound? Will they take them? A few of these cats are mangy/sick/beatup looking so I doubt the pound would keep them a live long if they took them. I dont want to have to drive out to some abandoned road and let them go out there, but if the pound wont take them I may have to ...

I have told the neighbor before to keep them on his property or he is liable for the damage [i wanted to repaint the hood before the accident]. But he said that they can go wherever they like, he's not liable and the scratches are my fault for leaving the truck out. Its too big for my garage!!!
He is wrong, in fact he is in violation of the law. I would set up a camera and get the offending cats on video, then call the cops in and file a report. Then you can spend $150 and file a small claims court case. I would file for damages, court costs, time/wages lost, and cost of traps and such. Should add up to a nice $5000 (max you can go). I am willing to bet he doesn't even show up, so you win. Then you place a lean on his house so he can not sell it or refinance it without you getting your money first.

Trust me, I am much like my father, I do NOT take **** from bad neighbors. When I was a kid, a neighbors dog bit me. My dad put me in the car, drove up to the other house, got out, shot the dog right in front of the neighbor and his kids, tossed the dog in the back of the truck and said "You best pray that mutt didn't have rabies" and drove me to the hospital.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

If you need an estimate for repair work, lemme know!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Yeah I may do away with all the chrome and keep the truck carbon and matte black. The doors are de-badged now, so its pretty slick. All the stickers are coming off the windows too, even the i-club me thinks.

I can't believe your roommate did that lol. Those electric mats sound fun!
That's a good idea. I like the all black. My '97 Mustang was all black. Yeah, yeah... I've had Mustangs. Get over it.

The roomie and I did some pretty stupid stuff if egged on. If only we'd have taped half of it we could have out Jackassed Jackass.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Amazons Kick Ass

Cool! If I need help I will be calling you

Originally Posted by Overbear
He is wrong, in fact he is in violation of the law. I would set up a camera and get the offending cats on video, then call the cops in and file a report. Then you can spend $150 and file a small claims court case. I would file for damages, court costs, time/wages lost, and cost of traps and such. Should add up to a nice $5000 (max you can go). I am willing to bet he doesn't even show up, so you win. Then you place a lean on his house so he can not sell it or refinance it without you getting your money first.

Trust me, I am much like my father, I do NOT take **** from bad neighbors. When I was a kid, a neighbors dog bit me. My dad put me in the car, drove up to the other house, got out, shot the dog right in front of the neighbor and his kids, tossed the dog in the back of the truck and said "You best pray that mutt didn't have rabies" and drove me to the hospital.
Your dad sounds like a cool dude! Sounds exactly like what my family would do.
That may be the path I have to take. Though I really hope it doesn't come to that. Up until now I have never had a problem with this neighbor. He is a really nice older guy, a retired cop [go figure] but for some reason he just wont budge on this cat BS...
It used to be the lady across the way who had a pack of pitbulls that roamed the neighborhood that was the problem neighbor. But they made the mistake of coming after me one morning when I went out back and my brother dropped the pack leader with a 12 gauge from across the yard then walked up on it and shot it two more times. then he dragged it to the owners yard and left it on teh doorstep.
The dog that then stepped up to lead the pack and took a few charges at me trying to attack me then got run over by said big chevy truck and left in the road...oops?

If you need an estimate for repair work, lemme know!
If I need an estimate?
Why do you just come to my cat-trapping party, have a few beers and help me trap/shoot the effers...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

You're more than welcome to call. w00t!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STI
I still say my beheading the offending cats with a sword is the best option.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by PaulSTI
I still say my beheading the offending cats with a sword is the best option.
Oooooo...that's an idea...lop off one head, pike it as a warnig to the other felines in the area.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan

It used to be the lady across the way who had a pack of pitbulls that roamed the neighborhood that was the problem neighbor. But they made the mistake of coming after me one morning when I went out back and my brother dropped the pack leader with a 12 gauge from across the yard then walked up on it and shot it two more times. then he dragged it to the owners yard and left it on teh doorstep.
The dog that then stepped up to lead the pack and took a few charges at me trying to attack me then got run over by said big chevy truck and left in the road...oops?
Sounds like if you still had this neighbor you wouldn't be having a problem with the current neighbor.

Maybe get some type of speaker setup out by the car that randomly has sounds of coyotes or dogs barking or something (assuming the cats are actually scared of other animals though. Won't work if they don't care).

Last edited by JelloChex; 10-20-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Oooooo...that's an idea...lop off one head, pike it as a warnig to the other felines in the area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-sC-vSIXk

I used to sprinkle pepper all around my car, since cats used to love hopping on my hood and sitting in my scoop for warmth. It worked for me.

Quick Reply: Help! Neighbors cats are wrecking my paint!!