Help me pick my next car

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM

Car Info: WRX
Originally Posted by iDriveMyi
^^ G35 sedan. Sick! My sister in law is going to Northridge in the fall. I was going to apply there. Let me know how the school is and the area.
I'll let you know for sure. It's gonna suck though because they call it a "commuter" school with very little social and "college life." That's what bums me out and that I don't know anyone down there. But it is close to LA and the ocean.

Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
I'll trade my gold 04 BBS's plus cash for your Enkei's

Pleeeeeeeaseee
LOL never thought i'd hear someone so willing to trade goldies! but i'll let you know if I decide to do that. I'm super lazy though and don't want to part it out yet. I'm starting to think that i'm gonna change to a dark lexus blue to just in case i'm stuck with it. haha

Originally Posted by StealthMODE
take it from me since i buy and sell cars.
ive had a g35, and a 350z and both to me were crappy cars. im not a big fan of either one. the g35 is alot more comfy than a z but its the same crappy motor. theyre not as reliable as people think. id much rather go with the new g37 or g35 sedan. as far as the bmw crowd, i owned a bmw z3m coupe for quite some time and it was very very fun to drive. it was comfy and quick and of corse turned heads everywhere since it was rare. i also had a e36 m3 before and it was basicly the same as my m-coupe besides the looks. theyre not as fast as my sti of corse, but are still quick. also, i drive my friends e46 m3's all the time and theyre probably your best bet in something fast, reliable, and comfortable. my buddy has a e46 zcp (competition package) in smg and itd be perfect for you since you can go auto and manual. only downside is that its still a little expensive to maintain. but the g35 and z i had were pretty pricey as well. just leaving that out here for you to consider. id go e46 m3 or e92 335i.
Thank you for the info. That's really good to know because I was under the impression that because they are *** cars, they would be reliable. I've been wanting the e46 m3 more than anything, but it's just too expensive to own. The e92 is cool, but I like the e46 more in appearance...but i'm open. I haven't seen a zcp for sale yet, but i've been on the hunt for a zhp with a 6spd. Maybe I should open up to the option of SMG, but I should test it first because i'm a purist and love my clutch pedal. lol

i'm starting to think a e36 m3 could be fun though.

Any ideas on a second car as a cheap beater DD option for the long haul?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
If ur going to northridge get an e46. You'll fit right in.

The 335 is dope too. Or get an lgt wagon! Killer if you need to crash out on your way up or down and you can still get to snow and back. Id ur thinking budget mpg car for getting down and back go with an older honda with a newer motor... tons of em down there. Lol. Or vet a 510.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
well they are only 17x7.5

They are VERY nice rims just a boring fitment. Lmk about the trade Ill drive out there so you can be lazy!

Get a new civic si 4dr. Good gas milage, reliable, and DOHC i-VTEC. Very fun to drive
Old 05-11-2011, 03:16 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
you can get an m3 for a pretty fair price. i almost got a e46 m3 for about 15k. with 70k miles in a real 6spd. i wasnt a fan of smg until i drove it. i honestly feels exactly the same except for the clutch. even in automatic mode, it doesnt feel like an auto at all. a buddy of mine at my school has a zhp and those are pretty nice too but way over priced for what you get. if you want a daily and a nice car, get a e46 for your nice car and get an e36 for your daily. the s52 is damn near bullet proof.. one of the strongest motors on the bmw's. let me know if you want to buy any of em, i find cars for stupid cheap...
Old 05-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If ur going to northridge get an e46. You'll fit right in.

The 335 is dope too. Or get an lgt wagon! Killer if you need to crash out on your way up or down and you can still get to snow and back. Id ur thinking budget mpg car for getting down and back go with an older honda with a newer motor... tons of em down there. Lol. Or vet a 510.
510 would be sick.

So why would I fit right in with an e46? are there a lot of *******s there? haha

The wagon would be sick, but i'm kinda bored of subies at the moment...put way too much into my current one. I'm liking the idea of a old honda or such. I've always liked miatas and fitting some old school wheels on them so that's why I was considering one of those. Too many options. ugh.

The biggest decision at the moment is what color to do my car now. WRB again or a dark blue.

Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
well they are only 17x7.5

They are VERY nice rims just a boring fitment. Lmk about the trade Ill drive out there so you can be lazy!

Get a new civic si 4dr. Good gas milage, reliable, and DOHC i-VTEC. Very fun to drive
ya, they're tiny. lol are you going to be able to run 18x9.5 +28???

No new civics for me. lol Like mentioned before, old dumped one on black sucked in steelies is the way to go. HAHAHAHA
Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by StealthMODE
you can get an m3 for a pretty fair price. i almost got a e46 m3 for about 15k. with 70k miles in a real 6spd. i wasnt a fan of smg until i drove it. i honestly feels exactly the same except for the clutch. even in automatic mode, it doesnt feel like an auto at all. a buddy of mine at my school has a zhp and those are pretty nice too but way over priced for what you get. if you want a daily and a nice car, get a e46 for your nice car and get an e36 for your daily. the s52 is damn near bullet proof.. one of the strongest motors on the bmw's. let me know if you want to buy any of em, i find cars for stupid cheap...
I'll definitely keep in touch with you. BMW is my first choice. Unfortunately i've been having terrible luck finding a good deal or the package/colors/transmission/miles I want. I've even thought about getting a high mileage one for less $ in favor of working on it myself if something happens. Which gen has the s52 motor? In all honesty, i'd be happy to get just a standard 3 series, but I wanna try smg. How do they hold up in the high miles?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan, 2004 Acura TL
I'd stay away from early 2000 e46. Many of them have electrical issues, mainly ECU. This goes the same with early 2000 Audi's. My friend bought a used 2002 328i and it's been in a shop since February for ECU malfunction.

I actually just bought a first gen Miata for the daily commute to work. Loving it so far. Although it's probably less than half the power of the WRX, I think it's JUST as fun. Totally stock too. Cheaper with gas and maintenance. Though I wouldn't recommend it if you're moving to college. The trunk space is only big enough for a duffel bag and a few pairs of shoes.... Not so practical for a move to college, but good enough for the daily commute if you wanna save cost and still have fun.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM

Car Info: @eatwithnaveed
The s52 motor is the e36 m3 motor. Any BMW owner would vouch for you and tell you that that's one of the best motors they made. The e46 has the s54 which is basicly a bored out s52. If your gonna get a e46 though, make sure it's 03 and up. 01-02 have rod bearing recalls. Or if you find a 01-02, make sure the recall has been taken care of. It'll show on carfax. But as far as working on it yourself, they're not to hard to work on and as long as you maintain it, it'll last. I've seen e46's with 160k miles being tracked before.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:13 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by dickson

I actually just bought a first gen Miata for the daily commute to work. Loving it so far. Although it's probably less than half the power of the WRX, I think it's JUST as fun. Totally stock too. Cheaper with gas and maintenance. Though I wouldn't recommend it if you're moving to college. The trunk space is only big enough for a duffel bag and a few pairs of shoes.... Not so practical for a move to college, but good enough for the daily commute if you wanna save cost and still have fun.
"Zack: Wait! Stop! Hold it!
Adam: What? What?
Zack: It's a Miata!"
Old 05-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
u interested in a 1999 supercharged cobra? lol
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

get a 2010 GT-R...
Old 05-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 04 wrx wagon
get a g37
Old 05-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Tdi
Old 05-11-2011, 06:52 PM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
evo ix put $1000 into it and youl have 400awhp. almost as easy as i make it sound.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
Originally Posted by eugenile
evo ix put $1000 into it and youl have 400awhp. almost as easy as i make it sound.
+1
but it will take more than a grand to get to 400. Proly closer to 2K

Quick Reply: Help me pick my next car