Help!! I need to rehome one of my dogs!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:26 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx, Part II
Help!! I need to rehome one of my dogs!!

So here's the story. In February of 2007, I went out and bought two beautiful little boxer puppies from the same litter. Both are females. Everything was going really well for about the first year that I had them. They were inseperable. But one day I get a phone call from my gf at home telling me that the dogs are fighting and she can't get them to stop. Eventually they stop and there was an obvious winner. The dog who lost the fight is named Rajah. She ended up having to get sticthes on her front leg and her neck. So we seperated them. I sent Maya aka "the agressive one" over to my dad's house(who also has two boxers) and kept Rajah at home. A month or so went by with no issues so I decided to bring Maya back home to see how things went. I let them see each other through the sliding glass door at first and they were so excited to see each other. So I put them together and everything was fine. They played together for hours. Life was back to normal. This lasted for about two months this way. Then again for some unknown reason they got into it again and the whole process started again. Maya goes back to my dad's and Rajah stays home to recover from getting her butt kicked again. But this time Maya decides to go crazy over at my parents' house and beats up their female. I was running out of options. So I pack up Rajah and switch her with Maya. So Rajah is at my dad's house recovering with my parents' dogs. But of course this is only temporary, Rajah ends up getting into a fight over there too. But my mom didn't want to worry with that so she decided to keep it a secret. She took her to the vet and kept them seperated in her house for a few weeks but it got too complicated for her. She ended up leaving one of the baby gates open and they got into it again. This time she thought Rajah was gonna die, so she called me. She's doing ok now. She's healing fine but now I don't know what to do. I have 3 females that can't be with each other and only two places to keep them. They are all fine with male dogs but they can't be with females. So i've decided to put Rajah up for adoption, seeing as how she is the one that never starts fights and always ends up just getting beat up bad. I wouldn't feel right giving away the other ones because they are a little unpredictable. This has been a very hard decision for me but i really don't see any other option. I don't have any friends or family that have houses with yards and I can't keep hiding them from each other around the house. It's too scary and there's too much potential for a mistake.

So here it is. She is up for adoption, She is a wonderful loving dog with the only downside being that she can't be with other female dogs. She is very well behaved, housebroken, obedient, loving, beautiful, and absolutely loves people. She is great with kids.

Please understand that this is not an easy decision for me and my family. We love this dog to an extent that is undescribable. But I really can't watch her keep getting attacked this way. She doesn't deserve it. I thought about taking her to the animal shelter or some kind of Boxer rescue but the thought of her spending nights by herself in an unknown place really breaks my heart. She won't understand what's happening especially because she's never done anything wrong. I can't let that happen to her if there is any other option.

I'm looking for a responsible person or family to adopt her. Someone who will be able to spoil her the way she deserves.

I'm not asking for an adoption fee, All i ask is that the person who adopts her gives her a good loving home and allows my GF and I to come visit her a few times a year.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know i'm probably forgeting some vital information somewhere but feel free to call or text me with any questions.

Only serious inquiries please.
Diego
415-312-2923

Here she is.

Name:  Rajah.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  89.6 KB
Don't worry, she won't get up on your car unless you ask her too.

Name:  IMG_0409.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  DSC02179.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  72.7 KB

And this was her the day we got her.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 70 BMW 1600
I have a friend that works for a boxer rescue, and finds good homes for boxers. She may be able to help you find a good home.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:42 PM

Car Info: N/A
Have you tried obedience school at all? Is she aggressive or fearful? What are the temperaments of your mom and GF? Judging by it she never seems to fight when your around so I take it she understands that you are Alpha. Either way I wish I lived closer to home from work I would love to have a Boxer. Good luck I can imagine it is hard giving up a member of the family.

Last edited by gh0st shad0w; 09-15-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2002 something
BEAUTIFUL dog man! Sorry to hear
Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
Sorry to hear that bro, I have always loved boxers since I was a kid. I had a neighbor who owed a couple and We used to play with them, Awesome dogs!
I really wish I could help you out, but spend too much time at work.
Good luck finding her a home...
Old 09-15-2010, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Are your female dogs fixed?

In any case, sorry to hear. I have a 2 year old white boxer here, she's a crazy bia, but my son loves her.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx, Part II
Originally Posted by ryansti
I have a friend that works for a boxer rescue, and finds good homes for boxers. She may be able to help you find a good home.
Thanks for your help. I got a phone call from your friend last night and she was able to give me a bunch of good information.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:27 AM

Car Info: 70 BMW 1600
Originally Posted by d_a_go
Thanks for your help. I got a phone call from your friend last night and she was able to give me a bunch of good information.
Cool
Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 2002 something
Everything work out ok?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 2002 Black Subaru WRX Sedan Stage 2
Sweet looking dogs. I love boxers, wish my place was big enough!