HELP! Car impounded for 30 days!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lurk
That sucks to hear dude. Can't you schedule a hearing to see if you can get your car back sooner? Sounds like you have a chance on winning in your situation. That cop was probably either bored, or pissed because his gf wouldn't give him some poontang or something. :thumbsdown: to him.

Exactly what i was thinking. one thing i forgot to mention. Maybe cuz i was a younger asian with 3 other asians in my car. So he probably looked and saw 4 guys and go "Ou RACERS!" and pulled me over
Old 10-18-2005, 05:50 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

just curious, how old are you?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:52 PM

im 21 and so was everyone in the car
Old 10-18-2005, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by WrbImprezaSti
does anyone noe what rear bumper that is?
3 letters "O M G"
Old 10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
oh and on your night in jail... the judge will give you that one.

my firend got a speed contest ticket for burning out after a party and he got his night after his day in court
Old 10-18-2005, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx

my firend got a speed contest ticket for burning out after a party and he got his night after his day in court
DANG! When i thought i had some sort of hope!!! ahaha
Old 10-18-2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx

mother****er!! make 100% sure that when you get your day in court , do not plead guilty...(99% of people know this but in case you don't...)

Also, make sure that when you talk to the lawyer, be careful what you sign because lawyers can be charging +250 an hour (that's a low figure) and your atty fees will add up quick.

good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-18-2005, 07:15 PM

haha yeah thanks musashi. I'll keep you guys posted. About my 10 day tow hearing session i'll let you guys know how that goes
Old 10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
Haven't I seen your car at SJSU?

Oh BTW good luck It seems like anyone speeding while next to another car can get cited for "Speed Contest". Do cops have to take intelligence test?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by ldivinag
be polite to the judge and DRESS llike your going to church.

So you want him to show up with out pants and underwear on?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:33 PM

Car Info: WREX
JetBlue - Man, you must be stressing the F*** out right about now! Where did this happen again? What city?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:18 PM
dk

Car Info: 2002 wrb wrx waggie
i thought he mentioned downtown san jose... wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this happened on santa clara ave. 5-0 are a bunch of jackbooted thugs down here.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
Srr to hear about that. They got my little brother for racing his Prelude against a Suburban. lol. In court he got off with a speeding ticket.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by unstble
JetBlue - Man, you must be stressing the F*** out right about now! Where did this happen again? What city?

It was in Downtown SJ on Santa Clara St. There's a lot of 5-0 over there cuz of the SJPD and the University PD is close by
Old 10-24-2005, 09:43 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
It's not the "LAW" to impound your car, you just can't drive it home. He "can" impound your car as part of the law, but he could have also let someone you know drive it home.

Your fines will probably work out differently than you think. I have 2 friends that have both been busted for "Speed Contest" and they both got 6 points on their records for it. I don't know what one of them paid for a fine but the other one I know of had to pay $5000 or serve a week in jail. He paid the money so he wouldn't lose his decent job.

The facts written down on the ticket are in your favor and what you said to the officer so far probably won't matter at all. So far you are busted for racing at 35 in a 35 zone.

Figure out what it takes to get your car back BEFORE a trial
Contest your ticket WRITTEN first with http://www.ticketassassin.com/
IF that doesn't work get a lawer and postpone your trial de novo as many times as you can

If you don't get aquitted with your written trial you get your regular day in court. There is no reason to not try the written trial first. The judge might just see that you were doing 35 and that it was a 35 zone with no tire squeling or racing involved and throw the ticket out. Don't whine in your statement, don't include nonfact or complaints, and don't state anything at all off topic. If you can figure all that out I think the judge will give you a not guilty in the written trial, because if you look at the few facts there are on the ticket, you look pretty good.

If you decide to go to court, you're young, you have a sports car, and street racing has been a serious focus issue in CA for a while now...especially around here with as many fatality accidents...you will most likely lose in court and pay all the money in fines and for the next few years your insurance will rape you. I have paid $40per month more for my car insurance for 1 single speeding ticket (84/65) for 3 years which is $1440. Imagine what you will pay for a racing ticket.

Quick Reply: HELP! Car impounded for 30 days!