Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 09:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
he was lucky allright, and the client just went nuts....crazy world out there
Old 10-31-2003, 10:04 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
He was lucky, but he did move damn fast!!! Luckly that guy had no weaponry skills... Thats the lucky part.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRB Impreza WRX Sedan
Right on, what department is he in?

Originally posted by ldivinag
nope... just a family who is... he is also the the department's range officer so i can shoot with him... and when i shoot my 9mm, i can use some his dept issued training ammo...

sure beats paying $10 at the local ranges and you are limited to shooting at a lane.

with him, it's usually just us. no other cops. (you'd be surprise how much in his dept hate to shoot for trainng...) so we can setup a course and run it.

the best was when we shot in the dark. i have nitesites installed on my gun. they glow in the dark. then, we broke out the handheld mini flashlights. the drill was quickly identify the target. then shoot the drill...

it's something you CANNOT get at a local shooting range.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Do you drive a WRX around Danville?

I'm the big bald guy who drives a black sedan with an exhasut...

Originally posted by KyokushinWRX
Right on, what department is he in?
Old 11-01-2003, 12:30 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
My friend's bro is a cop and one day he was drunk and told me if they shoot they want to shoot to kill so the guy can't testify against them in court.

Well i have no idea if that's true or not but hey it sounds logical. And they're shooting bad guys more often than not anyways, the same bad guys that key your suby and steal your wheels
Old 11-01-2003, 12:33 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
uhhh i was never taught to aim for the head...always a double tap to dead center mass. besides, we're only taught to "shoot to render the target incapable of continuing hostile actions which threaten life and serious bodily harm." just FYI if you dont think that we use the same rules as those used by city cops then think again. we follow the use of force module set out before us by Graham v. Connor, 490 US 386 back in 1989. thats the same laws that apply to city and federal cops. dunno where you got that one to the head thing is what i was getting at.

josh

ps Graham v. Connor states the following:
"The question is whether the officer' actions are "objectively reasonable" in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them...The reasonableness of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with the 20/20 vision of hindsight...the "reasonableness" inquiry...is an objective..." the US supreme court ulitmately decided that law enforcement personnel hate to make "split-second judgements" concerning the use of force under "circumstansces that are tense, encertain, and rapidly evolving..." meaning that LEO's have many options when dealing with a subject ranging from simple displays of authorith to deadly force. "Facts dictate the appropriate response, and those facts - as well as the choice of response - are subject to close scrutiny.

sorry for the long post
Old 11-01-2003, 05:12 PM

Umm i suppose, i see a coupla WRXs runnin around - same as me, not really anywhere to go around Danville...just to Blockbuster and Coldstone =) I've probably seen you around. I dont have anything on my car that would stick out though...all i have is a CAI and a short shifter...woo hoo Thats just a function of $$ No worries though, if i see you around i'll wave, i always do

J

Originally posted by dahveed
Do you drive a WRX around Danville?

I'm the big bald guy who drives a black sedan with an exhasut...
Old 11-01-2003, 05:35 PM

The only time i was taught to shoot to the head was for a "failure drill" which started with a double tap to center mass...

Originally posted by Ex-ricer
uhhh i was never taught to aim for the head...always a double tap to dead center mass. besides, we're only taught to "shoot to render the target incapable of continuing hostile actions which threaten life and serious bodily harm." just FYI if you dont think that we use the same rules as those used by city cops then think again. we follow the use of force module set out before us by Graham v. Connor, 490 US 386 back in 1989. thats the same laws that apply to city and federal cops. dunno where you got that one to the head thing is what i was getting at.

josh

ps Graham v. Connor states the following:
"The question is whether the officer' actions are "objectively reasonable" in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them...The reasonableness of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with the 20/20 vision of hindsight...the "reasonableness" inquiry...is an objective..." the US supreme court ulitmately decided that law enforcement personnel hate to make "split-second judgements" concerning the use of force under "circumstansces that are tense, encertain, and rapidly evolving..." meaning that LEO's have many options when dealing with a subject ranging from simple displays of authorith to deadly force. "Facts dictate the appropriate response, and those facts - as well as the choice of response - are subject to close scrutiny.

sorry for the long post
Old 11-01-2003, 05:41 PM

Car Info: sc300
omg the only thing more annoying than cops.. cops that argue.. okay police officers nobody likes you. you do a bad job at keeping me safe, you just hassle me every day. please GO TO HELL! i hate cops

sorry but i been hassled too much lately and u guys have taken too much of my buds! :banana: <---- only thing keeping me happy besides me illegal g/f
Old 11-02-2003, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
I want teh hottie on rollerskates using the payphone...
she is a hottie.....

they interviewed her on dateline..... she was in a hooters outfit for halloween....lol

edgar,
Old 11-02-2003, 10:13 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

what year/color you haev? mines an '02...

Originally posted by KyokushinWRX
Umm i suppose, i see a coupla WRXs runnin around - same as me, not really anywhere to go around Danville...just to Blockbuster and Coldstone =) I've probably seen you around. I dont have anything on my car that would stick out though...all i have is a CAI and a short shifter...woo hoo Thats just a function of $$ No worries though, if i see you around i'll wave, i always do

J
Old 11-03-2003, 05:10 PM

I've got an '03 WRB...Its really too bad there isnt anything as organized over here in the east bay, i see Subies runnin around all the time...

what year/color you haev? mines an '02...
Old 11-03-2003, 05:15 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

yeah I see them all over out here...

FWIW all attempts at regular tri-valley meets haev all been gh3yn3ss...San Ramon In & Out, Pleasanton In & Out, with one exception, and my old restaurant, Celebrity's in Dublin...they haev all been failures...
Old 11-03-2003, 05:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
isn't the double tap 1 to the head more training for urban military training?

I have many police officers current and retired in my family along with my grand father who had many marksmen troffies....never heard of the double plus one for civilian/police use.

Generally you are trained to aim center mass if your life is in direct danger or that of another officer or civilian. If not direct danger you fire to stop their harmful action....if running...legs...if attacking..shoulders....

Not really suppose to shoot to kill but in some areas and with some police...they do. Like oakland.

Quick Reply: He was lucky