Hate Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Wow, it's gettin deep in here.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
i respect cops and would never have the ***** to be one, but when i get pulled over for a burnt out headlight...

cop asks me what youre doing blah blah i say:

"i work for the city" he asks where i go to school, i say SF...then he finds out i live in Felton which is a roundtrip of 150 miles!
he says "wow youre really pulling a load" i go yeah (expecting to get sent away scott free)
cop says "yeah this will only be a fix it ticket, its like 10 bucks"

THANKS A F'ing lot! F'n plastic hearted bostitch

and it turns out i'm at my fix it ticket limit so i'm not allowed to choose the $10 option, i have to pay the $1XX something option. For a F'ing headlight!

GET A CLUE!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:53 AM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Originally Posted by sybir
Newsflash. This is CA. Like it or not, catless is against the law.

Deal with it; you have to pay to play. Whether the law is fair or sensible is immaterial.

If it's that big of a problem for you, move out of CA.

I don't like getting pulled over more than anyone else, but if I'm breaking the letter of the law, it's my own fault and my own choice, not the enforcing officer's. Selective enforcement sucks, but "no, he's doing it too" is not a valid defense.
wow, i didn't know i would upset someone this much^^
i guess i'll have to think twice before venting or posting my thoughts on i-club, sorry to all.
________
YZF-600R

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
i respect cops and would never have the ***** to be one, but when i get pulled over for a burnt out headlight...

cop asks me what youre doing blah blah i say:

"i work for the city" he asks where i go to school, i say SF...then he finds out i live in Felton which is a roundtrip of 150 miles!
he says "wow youre really pulling a load" i go yeah (expecting to get sent away scott free)
cop says "yeah this will only be a fix it ticket, its like 10 bucks"

THANKS A F'ing lot! F'n plastic hearted bostitch

and it turns out i'm at my fix it ticket limit so i'm not allowed to choose the $10 option, i have to pay the $1XX something option. For a F'ing headlight!

GET A CLUE!
Did you know that the bulb was burned out?
If yes, why didn't you fix it?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
I love when a cop will do a U-turn because I have no front plate, speed up to me, then read FLORIDA on the tags and slowly fade away. HAHA I laugh every time.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:25 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
Newsflash. This is CA. Like it or not, catless is against the law.

Deal with it; you have to pay to play. Whether the law is fair or sensible is immaterial.

If it's that big of a problem for you, move out of CA.

I don't like getting pulled over more than anyone else, but if I'm breaking the letter of the law, it's my own fault and my own choice, not the enforcing officer's. Selective enforcement sucks, but "no, he's doing it too" is not a valid defense.
OK, Mr lawabiding citizen. I've bet you've broken a few laws so don't speak to people with a "Holier than Thou" attitude. I personally don't like to read it, and i don't think others appreciate it.

Also, Cops can be good and bad... Unfortunately it depends on thier mood. You can get pulled over by a cop on a bad day and he will take it out on you for no reason *HAS HAPPENED TO ME*, And theres some great cops that do thier job very well.

California has more dumb laws than you can imagine. (http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/california/) I wouldn't say "Get out of the state if you can't handle it" Thats like giving up on your rights as a citizen. And it is with that mentality that society stays in the ****hole it is.
One of my favorite laws:
No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. (That means no speeding while you're ghost riding your whip.)

If these things REALLY bother you - start a petition and get 1,000,000 car enthusiasts to sign it. Then send it to your district senator. It might not work, but its a more positive way of solving it than complaining.

Also the motorcycle thing is rediculous.... BUT the reason they have less laws is because look at the frequency of cars-to-bikes.... a lot less people risk thier lives on bikes and in cars...

AND BTW Mr. Knowitall about the laws, CATLESS ISN'T ILLEGAL - if you have an emissions exempt car. (pre-70s i believe)

That Is All.

Last edited by Sharky; 12-14-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
To those implying I'm wound up, please tell me where I was unreasonable. Nowhere did I state that I haven't broken traffic laws. I have speeding tickets, tint tickets, front plate tickets, etc. I didn't say anyting aobut being better than anybody else, I said it was pointless to ***** if you're breaking the law.

Regarding your comment about emissions-exempt cars, when you get a modified exhaust ticket for an emissions-exempt car, you can complain. If you're driving a catless Subaru (and trust me, I have 2 of 'em), you're not emissions-exempt, so if there's a valid point somewhere in that meandering diatribe about pre-73 cars that's relevant to new Japanese sports cars, I'd love to hear it.

Of course cops can be good and bad. They'r enormal people like the rest of us. Of course people have different experiences with different LEO's. I never claimed differently. All I stated was that if you're breaking the law as it's written, that's the end of it. Petition to change the laws, bring your car into compliance, do whatever it takes to stay inside of those lines or don't ***** like you're getting treated unfairly when you get called on it.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Originally Posted by crfsti
wow, i didn't know i would upset someone this much^^
i guess i'll have to think twice before venting or posting my thoughts on i-club, sorry to all.

Don't sweat it, dude. I'm not upset, this is a reasonable discussion. All I'm doing is presenting my viewpoint, now getting worked up over internet drama.
I just get tired of seeing people complain about people doing their jobs and enforcing laws that are on the books. I don't like getting pulled over, but if I'm rolling illegal, I'm asking for it, right?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
the harley thing really irritates me
Old 12-14-2007, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
FWIW, I have it on good authority that Officer Barnett stops Harleys with obviously modified, super-loud exhausts...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Of course cops can be good and bad. They'r enormal people like the rest of us. Of course people have different experiences with different LEO's. I never claimed differently. All I stated was that if you're breaking the law as it's written, that's the end of it. Petition to change the laws, bring your car into compliance, do whatever it takes to stay inside of those lines or don't ***** like you're getting treated unfairly when you get called on it.
It just comes down to immaturity. People don't like certain laws (like emissions or tint laws, for example), so they break those laws and whine when they get stopped for it. My car has illegal tint, and if I get stopped for it, I'll make the decision to pay the fine and keep it (while risking another ticket in the future) or take off the tint like you did when you got popped in your STI.

Yeah, it sucks, but, we know the rules and make the choice to break them.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Originally Posted by nachomc
It just comes down to immaturity. People don't like certain laws (like emissions or tint laws, for example), so they break those laws and whine when they get stopped for it. My car has illegal tint, and if I get stopped for it, I'll make the decision to pay the fine and keep it (while risking another ticket in the future) or take off the tint like you did when you got popped in your STI.

Yeah, it sucks, but, we know the rules and make the choice to break them.
Exactly.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

just wait until the new cell phone law comes out.

and i dont like it, but always laugh a little at the "damn stupid cop sent me to the state ref: i had a twin turbo no cats modified like crazy doing 90 in a 45. What was the cop thinking?"

overall people will break the law and try to turn in to them being a victim.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by Sharky
OK, Mr lawabiding citizen. I've bet you've broken a few laws so don't speak to people with a "Holier than Thou" attitude. I personally don't like to read it, and i don't think others appreciate it.
I absolutely hate this argument...

When did aaron claim he has never broke any laws?? He just said that when he DOES break a law, and gets caught for it. He isn't a little ***** about it and goes whining on the internet. He accepts the fact that he broke the law and accepts the ticket. It has nothing to do with being "Holier than Thou" and everything to do with manning up to your decisions. I absoluely hate people who KNOW they are breaking the law, and continue to do it. Then when they get caught they ***** and moan, like OMG doesn't the cop have something better to do!?!@?! double you tee eff, why did he chose me!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

^^^

+ 10000000

Quick Reply: Hate Cops?