Hate Cops?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Hate Cops?

Here's a reason to like 'em.

This is for all of you that use the complaint "don't they have anything else better to do" when a cop pulls you over.

My friend of 15+ yrs is Rick Barnett.
Officer Barnett is a 10+ yr veteran of the CHP, and when he's not busting your ***** over no front plate, he solves/stops real crimes.

And here's the latest "real" criminal he caught.

So remember, put on your front plate & don't drive like an asshat.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
****ing pigs.

Robbing banks is not a crime.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
if they had not focused on front license plates for so long they could have caught him ealier
Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Car Info: .
People who bash cops are usually know it all teenagers or those who have not matured past that mentality.

Cops have a tough job, they have my respect. And nice catch.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
my post was a joke. I dont like tickets, but I have the utmost respect for cops that are underpaid, have bad equipment, and deal with punk *** people every day.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Nick Koan
****ing pigs.

Robbing banks is not a crime.
Remember...he knows where you live.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Car Info: o3' Honey Bee
I respect cops... but today I got a ticket for having a HKS carbon Ti... apparently my **** was too loud and I was breaking the law. SHe had me under 8 different violations... What the **** is California coming too?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Remember...he knows where you live.
I'm out of his jurisdiction mwa ha ha....
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
For the most part police officers are great people who will help you out in any situation, however, there are always a few bad apples in the bunch... Don't let the few outweigh the many.

Tell your friend "Thanks" for me.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
People who bash cops are usually know it all teenagers or those who have not matured past that mentality.

Cops have a tough job, they have my respect. And nice catch.
Originally Posted by kekedakis
I respect cops... but today I got a ticket for having a HKS carbon Ti... apparently my **** was too loud and I was breaking the law. SHe had me under 8 different violations... What the **** is California coming too?
and my guess would be, kekekekekekeek is exactly what you were saying spoolin!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Car Info: 06 WRX-SW-kartboy SS-Dynamat-JazzyBoard
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
So remember, put on your front plate & don't drive like an asshat.
Nevah! a WRX by definition cannott travel at less than 80 MPH, and the front plate would totally disrupt my otherwise perfect airflow.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Originally Posted by kekedakis
see, this is one of the many reasons the system is messed up, there are harley's with wide open exhaust, that shakes the ground when they go roaring by and they never get any problems from the cops, but us with our cars with a muffler on the exhaust, always have to watch out for cops. sure, i know many of us don't have a catalytic converter under there, but still it's not nearly as loud as a harley or muscle car. i think it has a little to do with profileing, don't get me wrong, i'm not a cop hater or anything like that, i just think they need to look for and give people a ticket WHO ARE ACTUALLY BREAKING THE LAW!!!, but if you had another reason for them to pull you over, i can't help you there. sorry, just had to vent a little.
________
HELP IN LOVE

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:15 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
still dont like them. sorry
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by crfsti
see, this is one of the many reasons the system is messed up, there are harley's with wide open exhaust, that shakes the ground when they go roaring by and they never get any problems from the cops, but us with our cars with a muffler on the exhaust, always have to watch out for cops. sure, i know many of us don't have a catalytic converter under there, but still it's not nearly as loud as a harley or muscle car. i think it has a little to do with profileing, don't get me wrong, i'm not a cop hater or anything like that, i just think they need to look for and give people a ticket WHO ARE ACTUALLY BREAKING THE LAW!!!, but if you had another reason for them to pull you over, i can't help you there. sorry, just had to vent a little.
Newsflash. This is CA. Like it or not, catless is against the law.

Deal with it; you have to pay to play. Whether the law is fair or sensible is immaterial.

If it's that big of a problem for you, move out of CA.

I don't like getting pulled over more than anyone else, but if I'm breaking the letter of the law, it's my own fault and my own choice, not the enforcing officer's. Selective enforcement sucks, but "no, he's doing it too" is not a valid defense.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:13 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
my post was a joke. I dont like tickets, but I have the utmost respect for cops that are underpaid, have bad equipment, and deal with punk *** people every day.
I know your post wasn't serious. Mine was a general statement directed at no one.

Originally Posted by sybir
Selective enforcement sucks, but "no, he's doing it too" is not a valid defense.
It also has to do with what 'we' drive and the stigma attached to it. We have no one but 'ourselves' to thank for the sometimes unnecessary crap we have to deal with. The police didn't just wake up one day and decide to chase after people in modified imports. Its a tough pill to swallow, but think about it before you decide to hate someone for doing their job.

Quick Reply: Hate Cops?