Has anybody heard of Tom McClintock for Governor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Thumbs up Has anybody heard of Tom McClintock for Governor?

This guy has been on quite a few radio shows as of late. He has a pretty good head on his shoulders, and is against beauracracy!

He is for repealing the trippling of the car tax, and has vowed to repeal it on the AM of his first day in office. He is for sealing the CA borders and stopping the draw if illegal aliens on our states coffers.

He is for real, and I am a big fan. He is not rich either. The only non-millionaire in the state legislature. He is the real working man's candidate!

http://www.tommcclintock.com/index.cfm

He's got my vote! What do you guys think?

Andy
Old 08-04-2003, 08:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Andy, I've only met you once but seeing how we have similar things in common im sure we same the same ideals too.

i'll give this guy serious thought. couldn't be worse now, right?

eric
Old 08-04-2003, 08:08 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
he was the state controler for a while. I have listened to him many-o-time on the radio.

I like what he talks about and how he said he can trim a lot of the fat in california without even needing to go through the state senate.

should be interesting
Old 08-04-2003, 09:02 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

damn republicans... right andy?

unfortunately, with over, what... 200 people running for this election, he might be lost.

right now, riordan is the "primary" guy if you just listen to liberal newspaper, radio and tv.

mcclintock has some very eyeopening ideas if you read that small section down in the bottom left for his official senate web page -- from andy's link.

you'd be amazed... wanna move to the 19th district?

if you wanna read something funny and sad... read this from him:

http://republican.sen.ca.gov/web/mcc...il.asp?PID=247

Last edited by ldivinag; 08-04-2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I heard McClintock on a radio show the other morning and wow, I have to admit, he is the first politician in a long time to impress me. I really liked what he had to say.

Unfortunately the US government has decided to revoke my voting priviledges. So someone throw an extra vote in for me, please.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:22 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally posted by huck
I heard McClintock on a radio show the other morning and wow, I have to admit, he is the first politician in a long time to impress me. I really liked what he had to say.

Unfortunately the US government has decided to revoke my voting priviledges. So someone throw an extra vote in for me, please.
dont worry, the DNC already has dead people ready to vote in your place

lol

Old 08-05-2003, 07:40 AM

Car Info: I've had cars...BRZ next
Anybody that is TRUELY for "removing waste and corruption in the government" would not be for this recal/election,talking about waste. As far as "political promises" go, read my lips, they all will promise you the world and when they get in office they find that there is NO real power in the government to make their changes. It takes the power of the people outside the government and most of the time there are so few that care, a small "rich" minority can have their way...any of the "opportunists" that have gotten in this race are simply that, opportunists. This is a dangerous precedent being set, to change the government "in mid stream". You would be better out looking for "weapons of mass destruction", because noone else can find them except in the US arsenals Wait till the rest of the world says to us, "Give those up" and then check your property values. This message was found in a fortune cokkie and may be taken with a grain of salt...Lets Rally