Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:21 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Yah like how she doesn't really die.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by MVWRX
The problem is that Harry Potter is poorly written. If it was a good book, noone would care about spoilers because they'd be in it to read a quality book. But since the reason people read these books is to know what happens (and participate in the pop-culture orgy that ensues), rather than experience a good book, they get upset with spoilers. I mean...we all know what happens in the classics, usually before we read them, but we read them anyway because they are great books...
That's true. Take Cormac McCarthy's The Road. Not a classic yet, but most who read know the inevitable end. People read it, however, for the experience and the unique writing style.

Still though; there's no reason to ruin other people's fun, whether you think the books are well written or not.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by BoxerRumble
kinda like the time when PS3 came out and *******s drove by to egg them. or the time where somoene bought the ps3 and infront of everyone just smashed it up. there aer always retards who never want to coexist with people different from them.
1. assaulting people in line, with eggs, is a crime.

2. smashing a PS3 in front of others IS FUNNY.

big difference...
Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by MVWRX
The problem is that Harry Potter is poorly written. If it was a good book, noone would care about spoilers because they'd be in it to read a quality book. But since the reason people read these books is to know what happens (and participate in the pop-culture orgy that ensues), rather than experience a good book, they get upset with spoilers. I mean...we all know what happens in the classics, usually before we read them, but we read them anyway because they are great books...
Are you kidding me?? I've grown up with HP since I was about his age in the first book and I am NOT reading them to be involved in the "pop culture". The books are really good and NOT poorly written. Have you even read any or all 7?

If they were poorly written I highly doubt it would be the most popular book series in the world.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:54 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by blue blurr

If they were poorly written I highly doubt it would be the most popular book series in the world.

Hahahaha...yeah, because popular things are always high quality. The NY Times best seller list is a joke, almost never a decent book on it.

I've read a couple of them, the first and one in the middle. Compared to several other children's books, they aren't very well written. I guess I was harsh to say poorly written... how about mediocre.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
harry potter fans are self pwned
Old 07-24-2007, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Whatever I still really like them, and always will. I guess some of us have different opinions on what is good writing.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:42 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Whatever I still really like them, and always will. I guess some of us have different opinions on what is good writing.
+1 for you

I'm glad people still read books. Thank you for picking up my slack