HALO 2: I own it and played it reviews

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Im not finished with the game yet, but I have been exploring every inch of all the maps....so I have probably been playing for more than six hours. I'm playing it on Hero mode right now, and I think its a really fun game, its got a pretty cool story line as well....but after hearing all this about it being too short, I am afraid my game may almost be over. Anyone know if they really are gonna make H3?

-Ted
when you get to the end...you'll get the answer....

some people say the ending sucks... I dont think it does...the only way in wich it sucks, is that it comes unexpectedly. Thats why people say it is too short. I didnt mind though. More time for online fun!!!! hahaha

-freddie
Old 11-17-2004, 09:53 AM

Car Info: 06 Evo MR
Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
when you get to the end...you'll get the answer....

some people say the ending sucks... I dont think it does...the only way in wich it sucks, is that it comes unexpectedly. Thats why people say it is too short. I didnt mind though. More time for online fun!!!! hahaha

-freddie

I just beat the game last night and the ending was a little brief.... kinda like a cut scene before a new level. My theory is that halo 3 isn't coming any time soon. So in a few months they will have downloadable content that will expand the campaign and let you finish the game all in halo 2.

Remember all those awesome shots of earth and how it was infested with brutes and you were riding along in a gaus hog? Remember zanzibar? Did we play any of that in the campaign? Did we see the human race on the brink on earth? NOPE! All of that will tie in nicely with the existing game, weapons aliens and story right off the bat. It wouldn't take that much to add say another 4-6 levels to tie up everything nice and tidy.

Oh and I think that Gravemind (the big flood plant thing) Was created by the forerunners and got out of hand. Then they had to build the rings as a last ditch effort, and well had the mentallity "if the universe is going to get jacked (by the flood) we might as well be the ones to take it out"

PS

Some say the forerunners were human... kinda like an egyptian thing.... advanced knowledge and intellect, however they went too far (flood) and have their existance wiped out all say for the traces of technology they left behind (halos)

that's enough for one post
Old 11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I have figured out that nearly ALL beatable XBOX games are 10 hour games. Halo 2. Halo. Fable. Etc.

as for the patch theory...sounds interesting...far as I know that would be first wouldn't it? For a consol? Be pretty sweet.

But I'd have to think that halo 3 will be available the day xbox 2 is released. just like with halo and xbox 1. Especially if the want to compete with the PS3.

bah..but what do I know..I just play games
Old 11-17-2004, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I have figured out that nearly ALL beatable XBOX games are 10 hour games. Halo 2. Halo. Fable. Etc.

as for the patch theory...sounds interesting...far as I know that would be first wouldn't it? For a consol? Be pretty sweet.

But I'd have to think that halo 3 will be available the day xbox 2 is released. just like with halo and xbox 1. Especially if the want to compete with the PS3.

bah..but what do I know..I just play games
I agree with your halo 3 launch theory. What console can do without a Halo launch game? (pun intended)

next time I go online i'm doing ALIEN EVERYTHING!!! SKIP THE HUMAN CRAP!!!

No more sorry freaks whinning to me about how they don't have their precious pistol to start out with cuz... IT SUCKS IN HALO 2 HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
That is one thing that I found distressing, is that the pistol sucks now. It used to be one of my primary weapons, due to the zoom and accuracy. No zoom angers me. ANGRY.

Other than that, I am very happy with Halo 2. I played it for about 3 hours with some friends last night, and it was a blast. Well worth the $$ in my opinion.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silky
I just beat the game last night and the ending was a little brief.... kinda like a cut scene before a new level. My theory is that halo 3 isn't coming any time soon. So in a few months they will have downloadable content that will expand the campaign and let you finish the game all in halo 2.

Remember all those awesome shots of earth and how it was infested with brutes and you were riding along in a gaus hog? Remember zanzibar? Did we play any of that in the campaign? Did we see the human race on the brink on earth? NOPE! All of that will tie in nicely with the existing game, weapons aliens and story right off the bat. It wouldn't take that much to add say another 4-6 levels to tie up everything nice and tidy.

Oh and I think that Gravemind (the big flood plant thing) Was created by the forerunners and got out of hand. Then they had to build the rings as a last ditch effort, and well had the mentallity "if the universe is going to get jacked (by the flood) we might as well be the ones to take it out"

PS

Some say the forerunners were human... kinda like an egyptian thing.... advanced knowledge and intellect, however they went too far (flood) and have their existance wiped out all say for the traces of technology they left behind (halos)

that's enough for one post

uhhhhh....I didnt get any of that from the game!!!....some people just read into things way too much.

lol hahahahaha j/k

"its just a game focker"

-freddie

ps. whatcha doing this weekend????
Old 11-17-2004, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Anyone else notice how much Gravemind looks like the plant from Little Shop of Horrors?

-Chris
Old 11-17-2004, 08:38 PM

LOL... thats what I thought of when I saw it!!

-freddie
Old 11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
FEED ME!

-Chris
Old 11-18-2004, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
uhhhhh....I didnt get any of that from the game!!!....some people just read into things way too much.

lol hahahahaha j/k

"its just a game focker"

-freddie

ps. whatcha doing this weekend????

It's more than a game!!! jk

As for this weekend... I think i'll have to let this one go. No halo this weekend!!! Or probably even next. Having people over Nov 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th may have been pushing it with ma old lady. I'll let her recuperate and then we'll battle!!!

[voiceofyoda] Much practice need you to battle the illest [/voiceofyoda]
Old 11-18-2004, 08:57 AM

oohh and DUDE! You need to get one of these:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...essadapter.htm

Then you won't have to worry about getting cable ran throughout your house. And you can just get online with your existing DSL service and play online fool!!!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:34 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
BOOOOOO!!! So bummed. Ending sucked. Way to short on the cut scene. Way to short on the game play. Pistol sucks. Most of the guns suck. I thought it was pretty good but man it's just so short. At least there's multiplayer now..I'll have to get into that or I'll feel like it was a waste of time. Booooo....booooo.

Hopefully HL2 doesn't bum me out like this.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
I have found that the pistol is not THAT bad, if you are dual wielding 2 of 'em. They are pretty potent, but other than that, I'd agree, suckage.

-Ted
Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 AM

The crankin plasma pistol if you dual wield it with something else decent is devastating. One charged shot that tracks better than the freaking rocket launcher to remove their shield the other gun to mow um down in 1.5 seconds... It's a leathal combo.

SKIP the hand gun.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
I would have been willing to wait another year if they had made it a few levels longer. That sucks you don't get to return to Earth to do further ***-kicking.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
BOOOOOO!!! So bummed. Ending sucked. Way to short on the cut scene. Way to short on the game play. Pistol sucks. Most of the guns suck. I thought it was pretty good but man it's just so short. At least there's multiplayer now..I'll have to get into that or I'll feel like it was a waste of time. Booooo....booooo.

Hopefully HL2 doesn't bum me out like this.

Quick Reply: HALO 2: I own it and played it reviews