Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 02:39 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by ryball
*cough*Forza Motorsport*cough*
That one might be worth waiting in line for
Old 11-09-2004, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedRevelation
I still think Grand Theft Auto 3: San Andreas is better as in games just released...

Halo 2 would probably sell more copies than that game though... I'd like to see the numbers nonetheless.
'Probably' nothing...Im pretty sure Halo sold more copies in the first night than GTA:SA ever will...considering Halo 1 is one of the highest selling games of all times at 5M copies, and Halo 2 already hit 2 million. They expect to sell 5M before the end of November.

See thats why you have the roomate with the PS2. He buys GTA and I buy Halo 2. Unfortunately, he decided that Halo 2 will be a much better game anyway, and is waiting to buy San Andreas until we're sick of Halo 2. Then, just this morning he decided he might buy an X-Box and Halo 2 so we could have head to head. Just gives you an idea of how awesome this game is supposed to be.

Originally Posted by thebankman
It seems like more of the same, lots of hype and not a lot of additional content. But if you're obsessed with the original it's a no-brainer. I put down a deposit for Halflife2 today and skipped halo, the guy at the counter thought i was nuts but the truth is, if you have a good computer this is going to be the best game of the year
HL2 will be incredible, but Id have to spend another $500 on my computer to play it correctly. I am hoping that HL2 will restore my hope in computer games, but Im just not down with the "sitting alone in my bedroom by myself" thing anymore. My friends and I call them "single player masturbatory games". The cool thing about Halo is that everyone gets together in the same house and its every bit as much about the interaction as it is the video game. LAN partys sound great, but thats too much effort. Ringing up 3+ friends to come over for some beers and Halo is a hellofa lot more fun than playing Halflife and drinking a beer alone.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 06 Evo MR
Xbox LANS are hecka fun. It's alot easier than trying to coordinate a PC LAN. A lot less messy and so you can do it more frequently so I find. I'm having 5-6 friends come over my place tonight and we're going to link on xbc with about 3-5 others. Should be tight!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I'm hoping to get some people over as well. Gamertag: ipozestu
Old 11-09-2004, 04:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
My friend picked up Halo 2 last night at 11:30pm. The Mall opened up just for the release of that game.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:19 PM

Car Info: 04 aspen white wrx
i got it today, halo 2 is fantastic. im like 10 level through it so far wonder how many levels there are
Old 11-09-2004, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by white04wrx
i got it today, halo 2 is fantastic. im like 10 level through it so far wonder how many levels there are
Old 11-09-2004, 06:43 PM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
Halo 2 is SICK. I played linked play 3 vs 3 at my friends house---- sweet guns and maps its awesome. The single player is sweet + awesome music! Woot I reccomend it!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
already upgraded the computer for doom 3 (graphics were the only draw other than the infamous name) and graphic design programs, so it's all set for half life. the first game was one of the best video games ever made, the story was told so perfectly.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:59 PM

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by thebankman
already upgraded the computer for doom 3 (graphics were the only draw other than the infamous name) and graphic design programs, so it's all set for half life. the first game was one of the best video games ever made, the story was told so perfectly.
yeah, but you've still got the one beer problem. i reccomend trying to get that pumpkin kind if its still available.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Well, I've been playing since I got home from worl just over three hours ago and am on the tenth level. This game is pretty friggin sick. The graphics are taken up a few notches and the new sound effects are incredible. The only grip I have so far is the 'double fisting' of the smaller weapons. It seems cool at first, but the changing can get pretty anoying along with the fact that you can't throw granades and you throw the second gun when you melee. WTF is that all about? I was the KING of the melee. Oh well. I can't wait to play some multi player. The zanzibar map looks pretty sick.

-Chris

p.s. in the zanzibar level you can hide in the 'hub' of the 'wheel' which I bet will allow for some pretty sick hidden pot shots. Try it out.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:12 PM

Car Info: 04 aspen white wrx
only 15 levels?!?! dang... im almost beat the game. when halo 3 come out? haha
Old 11-09-2004, 11:02 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Only up to level 8, but so far, for me, it's not as mind blowing as Halo 1. Don't get me wrong...it still kicks soooo much ***, and co-op is still insanely fun...but it's like comparing Matrix Reloaded to the very first time you watch Matrix. BTW, I'm not enjoying the Covenant stages as much as I thought I would.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Cup
VIP Member

Car Info: fast
I thought there was going to be an ATV in the game
Old 11-10-2004, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 06 Evo MR
after about 4 + hours of multiplayer last night I have to say it's a worthy sequel. It still has a few quirks about it... but that's just because it's fresh and new. I remember the same feelings about halo and it took time for it to become so FREAKING TIGHT... to me that is.

The weapons are cool, the graphics are cool, the maps will take some time to get used to... the game play is different... yet the same. Hard to explain however with time I see this as the game to hold me another 3 years.

I'm still getting used to setting up a friggin game initially though... I'm down to around 10-15 seconds on setting up a game now.

Quick Reply: HALO 2: I own it and played it reviews