Ha Ha thats what they get

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
Originally Posted by AzN121184
a little hijack

i had a asswipe in a bmw 525 that comes flying in my rearview mirror, cuts over to the next lane, and proceeds to cut me off. i had contemplated the idea of not letting him over but i was too busy chatting with my gf at the time and just said forget it, it's no biggie. about 100 feet after he cuts me off, i noticed someone standing in his lane about another 50 yards up flagging him down.

a sfpd radar'ed him down hahah. owned.
hahahahhaa
Old 02-21-2008, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Joe250
I made some valid points which you just casually dismissed without any justification. If you have a reason for saying what you did, explain it.

Again, if all laws are meant to be obeyed 100%, then you have to be consistent in your logic. If not, then where does that leave us?
Okay, I'll take the bait one last time for ya. Sorry to the OP.

First though, let's be clear - you did not make valid points, rather, you expressed your opinion just as other have here.

You gave 'kudos' to someone who seems to be proud of being a carpool cheater. Whether you agree with it or not, having a brain, you would know that carpool cheating is generally frowned upon. It seems like you are just causing trouble.

You quoted MLK. Then, you made a comment about HOV lanes that is completely obvious and is commonly known by even those that do not drive. Then, you put words in "eastbaysubaru's" mouth and tried to insult him for it (and the whole state at the same time?). The insult really wasn't very good either.

Next, you threw out another snappy comment and some info from a link that you provided directly afterward.

I don't see any valid points there aside from what everyone knows about HOV lanes...

So then I replied. My reply was pointing to the sillyness of your 'kudos' to someone being a carpool cheater as if it were some noble cause. In my post, I said: "Carpool cheating is simply and solely being selfishly disrespectful to those who choose to follow the rules. PERIOD." which was my opinion stated in an authoritative manner. It seems somewhere along the line you misconstrued this to be something like "you should always obey all laws" which is nothing at all like what I said. I did say "the rules" but there, I meant this rule - not "all laws." If that is what has caused all this then.. Oops.

Anyway, you posed a question that tried to imply my comment was negated if I exceed speed limits, and then continued to argue that if I exceed speed limits, I should not take issue with people that violate HOV laws. I tried really hard to not get sucked into your argument, but here I am.

Since I never said anything about obeying all of the laws consistently, I don't have to be consistent with that belief. I think we all know there are some laws that make sense, and some that just don't.

Safely exceeding posted speed limits and violating HOV laws are two separate issues. Why? Because violating HOV is like stealing from those that choose to follow that law. It makes people feel bad. It's not nice. It's not friendly. Safely exceeding posted speed limits in no way adversely affects other drivers. If it does, it's not safe.

Why do I follow the HOV laws? Because it has the chance of being expensive if I don't, and I am not interested in giving an opportunity to an officer. I think the HOV laws are crap and agree with the link you posted. I think we all see how suddenly traffic disappears when carpool opens, we know that it's weird that cars that are optimized for stop-n-go get the carpool while cars that are more efficient at speed sit in the stop-n-go, etc. It sucks *** to sit there and watch people roll by (I've seen my sis and her HOV stickers roll past me before haha).

Anyway, hope that clears it up for ya. I still don't see what you are trying to do here aside from stir stuff up. Have a nice evening.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I hope you die. Where's Brucie with his missile attacks when we need 'em.

And any parent that's schlepping around little kiddies deserves to avoid traffic and use the carpool lane, the emissions thing is just an added bonus.

-Brian
Isn't death a little excessive for a car pool violation? Get some imagination into your death threats. I like, "I hope you drown in a pool of AIDS."

Emission laws are silly. HOV lanes are silly. My car without cats and in the HOV lanes make less pollution then the refinery that makes the fuel I use or cow farts. United Nations report

In regards to
I agree whole heartedly, that carpool lanes are a waste of a lane.

But that doesn't mean I believe people should violated the rules in place.

The rule may be stupid, but exploiters/cheaters are getting an unfair advantage over the people who respect the law.
Granted it is a rule set by our law makers. It is a silly rule. I don't feel bad violating it. I'm accept the chance of getting caught. I regularly drive 15 over the speed limit most of the time. EXCEPT!!! in school zones, business areas, senior areas, etc. I'm just not into wasting time. Don't get cranky at me because you didn't bother to take advantage of a free lane like the rest of the cheaters.

Back to the wishing of death. You, sir, need to eat a big bowl of dick.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by all_being
Carpool lanes are a waste of a lane. I proudly cheat.
i use the carpool lane to pass idiots going 65 in the middle lane.
Whats wrong with using the carpool lane if you're going 80mph and not holding anyone from going faster?

In LA where they have 6 lanes and 2 carpool lanes, cool california good civil engineering, but HWY 85 with 2 lanes and 1 carpool lane? who the F*** designed that?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by all_being
Carpool lanes are a waste of a lane. I proudly cheat.
hey its not our fault you have no friends

Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
hey its not our fault you have no friends

What? That doesn't even make any sense.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM

It does when you add these

(no friends as in you need 2 to carpool)
Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
It does when you add these

Oh. Got it. I guess I'm still learning this forum stuff. Thanks
Old 02-22-2008, 07:37 AM

Car Info: Toyota pickup, Tuono, '62 Mini
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Okay, I'll take the bait one last time for ya. Sorry to the OP.

First though, let's be clear - you did not make valid points, rather, you expressed your opinion just as other have here.

You gave 'kudos' to someone who seems to be proud of being a carpool cheater. Whether you agree with it or not, having a brain, you would know that carpool cheating is generally frowned upon. It seems like you are just causing trouble.

You quoted MLK. Then, you made a comment about HOV lanes that is completely obvious and is commonly known by even those that do not drive. Then, you put words in "eastbaysubaru's" mouth and tried to insult him for it (and the whole state at the same time?). The insult really wasn't very good either.

Next, you threw out another snappy comment and some info from a link that you provided directly afterward.

I don't see any valid points there aside from what everyone knows about HOV lanes...

So then I replied. My reply was pointing to the sillyness of your 'kudos' to someone being a carpool cheater as if it were some noble cause. In my post, I said: "Carpool cheating is simply and solely being selfishly disrespectful to those who choose to follow the rules. PERIOD." which was my opinion stated in an authoritative manner. It seems somewhere along the line you misconstrued this to be something like "you should always obey all laws" which is nothing at all like what I said. I did say "the rules" but there, I meant this rule - not "all laws." If that is what has caused all this then.. Oops.

Anyway, you posed a question that tried to imply my comment was negated if I exceed speed limits, and then continued to argue that if I exceed speed limits, I should not take issue with people that violate HOV laws. I tried really hard to not get sucked into your argument, but here I am.

Since I never said anything about obeying all of the laws consistently, I don't have to be consistent with that belief. I think we all know there are some laws that make sense, and some that just don't.

Safely exceeding posted speed limits and violating HOV laws are two separate issues. Why? Because violating HOV is like stealing from those that choose to follow that law. It makes people feel bad. It's not nice. It's not friendly. Safely exceeding posted speed limits in no way adversely affects other drivers. If it does, it's not safe.

Why do I follow the HOV laws? Because it has the chance of being expensive if I don't, and I am not interested in giving an opportunity to an officer. I think the HOV laws are crap and agree with the link you posted. I think we all see how suddenly traffic disappears when carpool opens, we know that it's weird that cars that are optimized for stop-n-go get the carpool while cars that are more efficient at speed sit in the stop-n-go, etc. It sucks *** to sit there and watch people roll by (I've seen my sis and her HOV stickers roll past me before haha).

Anyway, hope that clears it up for ya. I still don't see what you are trying to do here aside from stir stuff up. Have a nice evening.
Wow. Ramble much?

Let me make it clear enough so that you can understand my point:

The HOV idea is wrong. Why? Because it puts certain people above others. It is saying that car-pooler's and Prius driver's time is more important than other people's time. It is the government's attempt to reward behavior it likes and punish everyone else. The reality is that it is none of the government's business how many people are in my car or what kind of car I drive. We all pay equally for the use of the roads, so why then are we not all allowed to use it equally?

So in principle HOV is wrong. My initial point also stated that HOV turns out to be wrong in practice as well! UC Berkeley professors studied the system right here in the Bay Area and found that it made things worse off. Traffic is worse, emissions are increased, and imho it makes things far more dangerous. I say that last point because of something called 'speed differential'. HOV lanes create these constantly oftentimes with deltas exceeding 60mph. Ask any cop or traffic engineer and they'll tell you how dangerous speed differential can be.

Allow me to suggest an alternative that might actually work: Roll all transportation/licensing/road fees into one single tax that is applied to each gallon of gas you purchase. This is not a new idea. IIRC Pat Bedard suggested this several years ago. The idea is that the more you use the roads, the more you pay. The higher the weight of the vehicle you drive (and therefore the greater the wear on the roads) the more you pay. The more often you drive the more you pay. The less fuel efficient your vehicle the more you pay. It is simple, fair, and provides the right incentives.

Going back to the OP's point, why would you celebrate the police busting someone for violating a horrible law? You and I speed every day. Would you like it if people drove past cheering when you get pulled over for doing 5 over the freeway speed limit? And Wombat, if you feel SO strongly about the HOV laws, why do you ignore other traffic laws? The fact that you see no correlation between the two demonstrates my entire point - people pick and choose which laws they want to follow but then act all sanctimonious when other people choose a different set of laws to follow. How absurd is that?
Old 02-22-2008, 08:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Wow. Ramble much?
Ramble much? Haha... Yeah. Get over yourself.

You still miss what is actually the point here. Your last paragraph illustrates that clearly. But that's cool. This has lost it's entertainment value.

Cheers.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STi
Damn. A funny moment turned into DRAMA 24hrs later. My bad you all for being the harbinger of drama.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
lol i have baby on board when i dont have a baby. and i cruise around 70-75MPH, its just give CHP some idea that moded cars could drive slow too.

and by 880 there are so many carpool lane cheaters, when im in the stop and go lane seeing all those cheaters pass by with out getting caught. it really pisses me off.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I'm just annoyed with the jacktards who stop next to the line to get into 238 on 880 north right before my exit to get home. They basically stop on the freeway to squeeze in. Then again, that's remedied by going another lane over and going back to the far right lane when the idiot line is over. I know, this has nothing to do with the carpool lane. LOL.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Wow. Ramble much?

Let me make it clear enough so that you can understand my point:

The HOV idea is wrong. Why? Because it puts certain people above others. It is saying that car-pooler's and Prius driver's time is more important than other people's time. It is the government's attempt to reward behavior it likes and punish everyone else. The reality is that it is none of the government's business how many people are in my car or what kind of car I drive. We all pay equally for the use of the roads, so why then are we not all allowed to use it equally?

So in principle HOV is wrong. My initial point also stated that HOV turns out to be wrong in practice as well! UC Berkeley professors studied the system right here in the Bay Area and found that it made things worse off. Traffic is worse, emissions are increased, and imho it makes things far more dangerous. I say that last point because of something called 'speed differential'. HOV lanes create these constantly oftentimes with deltas exceeding 60mph. Ask any cop or traffic engineer and they'll tell you how dangerous speed differential can be.

Allow me to suggest an alternative that might actually work: Roll all transportation/licensing/road fees into one single tax that is applied to each gallon of gas you purchase. This is not a new idea. IIRC Pat Bedard suggested this several years ago. The idea is that the more you use the roads, the more you pay. The higher the weight of the vehicle you drive (and therefore the greater the wear on the roads) the more you pay. The more often you drive the more you pay. The less fuel efficient your vehicle the more you pay. It is simple, fair, and provides the right incentives.

Going back to the OP's point, why would you celebrate the police busting someone for violating a horrible law? You and I speed every day. Would you like it if people drove past cheering when you get pulled over for doing 5 over the freeway speed limit? And Wombat, if you feel SO strongly about the HOV laws, why do you ignore other traffic laws? The fact that you see no correlation between the two demonstrates my entire point - people pick and choose which laws they want to follow but then act all sanctimonious when other people choose a different set of laws to follow. How absurd is that?
^since this is clearly 9 words short of rambling~
Old 02-22-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
lol i have baby on board when i dont have a baby. and i cruise around 70-75MPH, its just give CHP some idea that moded cars could drive slow too.

and by 880 there are so many carpool lane cheaters, when im in the stop and go lane seeing all those cheaters pass by with out getting caught. it really pisses me off.
yeah, i only use the carpool lane single when traffic is about or over 50 mph, once it slows past that i get in line.

But thank God for the double lane carpool cloverleaf onramps, LOL i pass HELLA people on those things!