Ha Ha thats what they get

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by WagonTale
^^ get the "baby on board" decal =D or the "my son/daughter is an honor student at ________elementary school" hehe
I do have this, and I proudly sport it while at driving events too.

See?

Old 02-21-2008, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
With kids and/or other people in the car, it cuts down on the emissions because the amount of emissions can be divided by the number of people in the car. More people in every car = less emissions, even if they can't drive.

F**K solo drivers in the carpool lane.

F**K people waiting until the last minute to bail out of a Fastrak lane. F**KERS!!

-Brian
Yes, the carpool rules are not the best but I agree 100%. I get irritated at all the normal stuff on the road, but carpool cheaters really **** me off - and only because I follow the rules. Jealousy I guess? I dunno, doesn't seem like it.

I don't agree that having kids in the car equals less emissions though because aside for ripping off some wicked farts, they don't really have the option to create more pollution. Carpooling with someone who normally drives does because THAT person could be driving a separate car but are not.

A counterpoint is this: Maybe the person is taking their kid to school in which case it is FAR WORSE than the above since they may not even be on the road (or that road) if it weren't for their desire for their child to not take public transportation. I don't know how it is around here for that stuff, but in Hawaii on the big island (in Hilo anyway) it is a HUGE problem because so many people don't want their kids to take the bus - they drive them, and the town is flat out gridlocked any time school is letting out.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx
Carpool lanes are a waste of a lane. I proudly cheat.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:30 PM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by all_being

i hope you stay just as proud as you are now when you get caught.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

I hope you die. Where's Brucie with his missile attacks when we need 'em.

And any parent that's schlepping around little kiddies deserves to avoid traffic and use the carpool lane, the emissions thing is just an added bonus.

-Brian
Old 02-21-2008, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
I agree whole heartedly, that carpool lanes are a waste of a lane.

But that doesn't mean I believe people should violated the rules in place.

The rule may be stupid, but exploiters/cheaters are getting an unfair advantage over the people who respect the law.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
It's only a waste of a lane if you're solo in your car hating on the people that are moving faster than you

-Brian
Old 02-21-2008, 06:17 PM

Car Info: Toyota pickup, Tuono, '62 Mini
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I hope you die. Where's Brucie with his missile attacks when we need 'em.

And any parent that's schlepping around little kiddies deserves to avoid traffic and use the carpool lane, the emissions thing is just an added bonus.

-Brian
Kudos to all_being!

One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

The HOV lanes are making commuting worse, increasing pollution, and increasing both the risk and severity of accidents. You cannot see beyond the fact that it benefits you personally. Typical Californian.

Try and edumicate yourself:

-HOV actuation imposes a 20% capacity penalty
-The HOV restriction significantly increases
demand on the other lanes causing a net increase in overall congestion delay

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...ps.dir/HOV.pdf
Old 02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Joe250
Kudos to all_being!

One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

The HOV lanes are making commuting worse, increasing pollution, and increasing both the risk and severity of accidents. You cannot see beyond the fact that it benefits you personally. Typical Californian.

Try and edumicate yourself:

-HOV actuation imposes a 20% capacity penalty
-The HOV restriction significantly increases
demand on the other lanes causing a net increase in overall congestion delay

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...ps.dir/HOV.pdf
Haha... Awesome, so it's our responsibility to show respect for the law by breaking it. Got it. Wonder if I can quote MLK and be let off for carpool cheating, speeding, having a loud car or anything else that in reality does not make sense.

Don't hype it up. "all_being" is not trying to change the way the law works or make an impact on society. I doubt this person had considered your point of view for a second. He/she/it also didn't mention anything at all about being willing to accept the consequences.

Yes, carpool lanes don't make sense - but it is still a good idea to follow the rules. Carpool cheating is simply and solely being selfishly disrespectful to those who choose to follow the rules. PERIOD.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Haha... Awesome, so it's our responsibility to show respect for the law by breaking it. Got it. Wonder if I can quote MLK and be let off for carpool cheating, speeding, having a loud car or anything else that in reality does not make sense.

Don't hype it up. "all_being" is not trying to change the way the law works or make an impact on society. I doubt this person had considered your point of view for a second. He/she/it also didn't mention anything at all about being willing to accept the consequences.

Yes, carpool lanes don't make sense - but it is still a good idea to follow the rules. Carpool cheating is simply and solely being selfishly disrespectful to those who choose to follow the rules. PERIOD.
Quick test to see how respectful of the rules you are:

Have you ever driven faster than the posted speed limit?

Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
VIP Member

Quick test to see how respectful of the rules you are:

Have you ever driven faster than the posted speed limit?

I am sure that you know as well as I do how much that doesn't relate to this.

Nice try tho.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 PM

I am sure that you know as well as I do how much that doesn't relate to this.

Nice try tho.
Oh but it does. You are saying that you get to pick and choose which traffic laws to obey but people like all_being cannot? Is that hubris or what?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Oh but it does. You are saying that you get to pick and choose which traffic laws to obey but people like all_being cannot? Is that hubris or what?
No, actually, it does not. I never said any of that. It's pretty obvious what the difference is - and if it needs to be explained to you, really, then there is even less of a point to this conversation than it seemed.

Honestly, I think you understand but you are just trying to start/continue a pointless argument.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM

No, actually, it does not. I never said any of that. It's pretty obvious what the difference is - and if it needs to be explained to you, really, then there is even less of a point to this conversation than it seemed.

Honestly, I think you understand but you are just trying to start/continue a pointless argument.
I made some valid points which you just casually dismissed without any justification. If you have a reason for saying what you did, explain it.

Again, if all laws are meant to be obeyed 100%, then you have to be consistent in your logic. If not, then where does that leave us?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STi
Look everybody let's just stay on topic for this thread.......and that's to laugh at SOB's that get caught cheating. HA HA.

Quick Reply: Ha Ha thats what they get