Gym Members!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 02:06 AM

Car Info: 1998 M3, 2016 WRX
damn hearing you guys work out so much makes me want to start working out A LOT more. stupid freshman 15 is getting to me.

looks like i'm going to have to start hitting the gym over at my apartment complex more! the p90x program also looks like it would be something i would like to try out as well. guess i'll have to see.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 AM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STi, 2002 WRB WRX
i have been lifting for 4 years now. started when i was 18, i was 250lbs never worked out a day in my life. couldnt bench 135 1 time. weak little *****.
for 4 years i have been going 5-7 days a week with different training that i have been learning along the way. did everything i had to except take the final test to become a personal trainer.
train hard year round, now down time or offseason i guess you could say.
basically on a constant diet, always watching what im eating and im strict on the times i eat at. keep track of all of it in my head. stay low on calories and fat, high on protein and minimal on carbs, use them to keep energy up (445 wake ups are a *****)

Monday - Chest, Abs/Core Training, cardio
Tuesday - Bis, Tris, Cardio
Wednesday - Shoulders/Back, Abs/Core Training, Cardio
Thursday - Back/Shoulders, Cardio
Friday - Legs, Abs/Core Training, Cardio

i am now 190lbs benching 315 6-8 times with under 7% body fat.

this is the most recent pic (summer 08) i am about 195 here, i am more cut now. same weight on lifts, just dropped some fat and my back is bigger then it is here. i have been on no supps. for over a year. prolly going to jump on a Preworkout NO, Protein, Vitamin, postworkout stack here ina few weeks. just started my hard summer training, soon will be swimming and running tackedon to those workouts

Name:  DSC03538.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  22.7 KBName:  n515959669_565197_6759.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  15.7 KB

Last edited by zulatron; 03-13-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:01 AM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
I workout 5 days a week, sometimes 4 if I feel lazy on monday and don't feel like getting up hella early. But I try and mix between what someone else mentiones that goes something like this:
Day 1-chest and tri's and 20 minutes of cardio (elliptical usually)
Day 2-shoulders and abs 25 minutes of cardio
Day 3-back and bi's and 20 minutes of cardio
Day 4-circuit training (mix of push ups, crunches, over head claps, flutter kicks, knee benders and whatever else I feel like doing for 20-25 minutes.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now, and about a year ago I hurt my knee from running too much so I had to switch it up and do the elliptical and I can tell a difference in the results (negative as in more wieght gain). But I don't really diet at all and love drinking beer, lol. I am just starting a two month cycle of low dose winstrol (25mg per day 5 days per week) so we will see if it will help me break my plateau for summer. But I'm 6'3" 230 right now.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by wocabin
guys, dont take NOS. tons and tons of articles out there about its terrible effect.

honestly the first time i tried nos, i couldnt sleep so i gave my bucket of it away.
You must have used a caffeine/NOS powder blend.

I had excellent results with it. strength and recovery went way up. Much better than Creatine.

It only worked when you took lots of pills very religiously on an empty stomach twice a day.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5I Sports Wagon
Zulatron would you be able to put up what kind of exercises you are doing? I would be greatly interested. Not looking to get huge. I would like to drop my body fat and trim out. Thanks for anything you got. Not looking to do supplements, and i am slowly cleaning up my diet.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Car Info: nothing
rofl p90x is for 40+ year olds who want to get toned... reminds me of the bowflex... what a joke!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STi, 2002 WRB WRX
ya no problem. this is what im doing right now, and you can do what ever weight feels comfortable for you and mix match as well to what ever you like.
i go for a 30-45 second rest in between sets and 2 min rest between exercises.
chest days:
Bench press 4 sets x 10-12 reps (first set warm up)w
incline press (dumbbells, barbell or machine) 3 x 10
decline press (dumbbells or barbell) 3 x 10
flys (dumbbell, cable or machine) 4 x 10
pushups to failure

Bis:
Standing Straight bar curl 4 x 10 (first set warm up)
Hammer Curl 3 x 10
Preacher curl (machine or dumbbell) 4 x 10
standing Dumbbell Curl 3 x 10
Sitting dumbbell curl 3 x 10
Tris:
Skull Crushers 3 x 8-10
Weighted Dips 3 x 8-10
Single arm cable pushdown 4 x 10
Close Grip bench press 3 x 10
diamond pushups to failure

Shoulders:
Dumbbell Military press 4 x 10 (first set warm up)
Front Raise 3 x 10
side raise 3 x 10
rear Delt (using fly machine) 3 x 10
Shrugs 3 x 20

Back:
Pull ups/Weighted pullups 4 x 10
standing Row 3 x 8-10
Close Grip Lat Pull down 4 x 8-10
Wide Lat pull down 4 x 8-10
sitting row 3 x 10
back extension (lower back) 3 x 8-10

Legs:
Squats 4 x 10
leg extension 3 x 12
power Lunges 3 x 10
Hamstrings (using machine) 3 x 10
Calves (squat press or calve raises) 4 x 15

Abs: 3 ab days per week, rotate in exercises that focus on different parts of the abs. dont do more then 4 workouts per ab day. over working them will do more bad then good. i do 3 sets usually per ab work out usually 15-25 reps per set. list of exercises for abs is pretty long you can find some good ones online pretty easy.

Core: i do alot of balance work for core using the plyo *****. you can also work core in to your other work outs by lifting your legs during pressing and balancing on one leg while doing curls or pushdowns for tris.

Cardio:
run 1 mile or bike 2 miles

if anything doesnt make sense or you need anymore info on it let me know!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:01 PM

thanks. i have been looking for a better plan. my workouts were pretty unorganized. i started three months ago hitting the gym regularly again, and dropped 13lbs. looking for a bit more
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM

Wink muaahha...

Name:  DSC03538.jpg
Size:  22.7 KBName:  n515959669_565197_6759.jpg
Size:  15.7 KB[/QUOTE]

Pretty Ripped playa... But for me its hard to keep on the weight without like spending a crap load on protein shakes (poor asian genes)

I use to be on hella programs too...but now. 3 days lifting. 3 days muy thai, Boxing, and some B-jj... MMA FTMFW! That and make sure you F**k alot. THats good cardio banana :

Name:  hawaii.jpg
Size:  33.9 KB
Old 03-14-2009, 11:05 AM
banned

Car Info: WRX STi 2004
Me no have good genes!!! f****N eyy!! Sure wanna try that P90x, All the Bjj I was doing when i was still in the santa cruz area really worked, but now im in Sacramento and all I do is run....Once I get a job/settled in Im gonna get back in the Bjj game..gotta love it!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:03 PM

Name:  hawaii.jpg
Size:  33.9 KB[/QUOTE]

I like the picture of you, chiaki and butch. This is justin, one of the twins.

What are some good ab workouts, a couple to keep things fresh
Old 03-19-2009, 12:48 PM

yo

Originally Posted by birkref1
I like the picture of you, chiaki and butch. This is justin, one of the twins.

What are some good ab workouts, a couple to keep things fresh[/QUOTE]

Thanks. There are many types of workouts. Leg lifts will get rid of the gut though. Then when you get advance, you start using weights while doing your ab workouts.

Watching what you eat is probably the hardest thing to do. (if you;re planning not to take supplements such as "san tight, hydroycut, no2" stuff like that. I've been trying to go all natural for the past 6 months and its pretty tuff to keep a sculpted figure.

How you been btw?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB WRX Wagon Limited Edition
I have been playing around with a lot of different work outs, but haven't necessarily found the one that fits me best. I am going to be trying the "fight club workout." It's basically concentrating on a different muscle group each day. It allows the muscle to rest properly. I have basically done it before and had decent results. I was in really good shape last year as I was going ot the gym 3 times a week and playins soccer three times a week. My core was strong and I felt good.

One of the hardest things for me is to stay on schedule and dedicating certain days to the gym. Work is pretty crazy and I am taking an EMT class on the weekends all day. Also, need to work on my diet.

Justin, I am not sure if it is true, but I have been reading that you should do atleast 30 minutes of cardio to get fat burning results. Of course any cardio is better then none. Once our class is over I am going to be doing a lot of biking.

What's up Winston? Where are you doing MMA?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain
Crossfit is awesome also, I used to do that a lot but p90x works better for me right now.
My buddy i've known for like 10 years on the internet is Crossfit, his videos are actually up there doing some cool ****. I wonder if he'll ever drop by Cali and I can say wutsup to him.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Cardio is all different for everyone.

Bottom line for working AND cardio (if you want to see a difference) is to progressively train. Every week, should be another extra couple of minutes (or couple of sprints) per cardio, or putting on heavier weight when lifting.

IE Autogenic Cardio Training
Level 1 = Easiest
Level 10 = Sprinting your hardest
This is just easier to use to describe because 10mph might be easy for someone, but hard for another person. But using your own agility for levels is much easier to describe.

4-6mins Warmup
1Min level 9-10
2Min level 6-7
1min Level 9-10
2min Level 6-7
1min level 9-10
2min level 6-7
4-6 Cool down

The goal is to reach 5 rounds for 5 days (but seriously if you're pushing yourself you wont get there for a few months).

Maybe in 1 week you add an extra sprint, maybe the next week you had an extra day. So instead of 3 days a week, you go 4 days a week. And instead of 3 sprints per cardio, you do 4 sprints. Always be adding progressively (makes your body adjust and grow).

But don't do the same 30 minute cardio (body learns to adapt and burn less efficiently).
An example is now, you're doing 30 minutes of cardio burns 500 calories, then you do 45 minute cardio burns the same 500 calories.

I like the idea of autogenic training just because there are obviously huge differences.
When you compare a marathon runner (lean, but not cut) to a sprinter (cut) the differences are noticable.

If you want to get CUT, you need to not just jog for 30 minutes, but do sprints somewhere in between.

Quick Reply: Gym Members!