Gym Members!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
Hmm seems like p90x would be a good program for you. You will definately lose your gut and get toned and get strong at the same time. I can show you what the typical calendar looks like if you want.

also check this link out
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2437300

yea i frequent honda tech still! haha but heres a great thread on p90x in the health and fitness forum.

I guess one of the guys on ht started it and it changed his life and has been pushing this program, which actually got me into it.

that's him

but honestly if you can dedicate yourself to it i have not heard of one case where p90x has not worked wonders on people.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 PM

wocabin is right. cardio is huge for losing the gut. You can do a billion situps but if you dont do cardio you will never burn that fat that covers up the flat stomach everyone wants.

oh yea the calendar looks like this:

chest,shoulder, triceps & abs
plyometrics
back and biceps & abs
yoga
legs and back & abs
kenpo
rest or stretch day

and it switches up every couple of weeks.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
What is plyometrics?

Do you go to the gym with p90x? If i watch a video then try to reciprocate it in the gym.. i will never remember.

Anyone want to burn the DVD for me? haha
Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 AM

plyometrics is jump training, big calorie burner. i do all the exercises in my room while its playing on my imac. all you really need to do everything is a pull up bar (iron gym $30) a couple dumbbells or resistance bands and thats pretty much it.

i would burn it for you but i just realized it would take forever. cause each day's workout is between 45-110 minutes which takes an entire dvd-r and it takes like 2 hours to encode and burn each workout lol.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:42 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Oh okay. How much did you pay for it?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:54 AM

I got it for free, do you know how to use torrents?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:32 AM

Car Info: 05 G Wagon
ive been hittin the gym about 2 years now.. use to weigh 135lbs.. now i weigh 170lbs.. FYI im a 5'8 filipino guy.. u know how asians are.. short and lanky.. but i started hittin the gym to gain strengh and build muscle.. my goal is to hit 190 by the end of this year.. it gonna be hard work but im at the gym sun-thursday xcept for tuesday and get the weekend off..

my schedule looks like this..

sunday- chest, tri's, 2 mile run
Monday- back, bi's, 750-1,000 step on stairmaster
tuesday- poker nights
wednesday- shoulders, legs,
thursday- a light day (mostly abs and obliques), run/ stairmaster

i usually do abs everyday or every other day..

i dont have a diet.. i eat everything and anything i feel like.. like i said.. im young and filipino.. i have high/fast metabolism and im tryna gain weight.. tho i dont drink soda.. water/juice/energy drinks

i dont take any suplements.. i believe (own opinion) if you take supplements, (creatine, muscle milk, whey protein, ect.) i have nothing agaisnt it.. more power to you.. yes.. itll help you get closer to your goal, help you heal faster. but what happens when u stop takin them?.. just my own opinion.. pleas correct me if im wrong..
Old 03-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 2006 2.5I Sports Wagon
Supplements are all well and good. The big thing with them is your body will never be able to absorb all of it. It will give you a boost, but your body adapts to it. The best way to use supplements is the same as the best way to use steroids (not an advocate of that). You have to cycle it. Couple weeks on and a couple off. My thoughts. I am also not a health nut. I want to drop from 186 to 175 or so. Also trying to get into a fire dept. Looking to get stronger, and increase endurance. I do 20mins of cardio and then hit the free weights. Looking for a better planned out workout, so if anyone has some suggestions. If anyone is looking to thin out and tone up i would suggest lap swimming.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Cardio cardio if you're trying to lose weight, if you ain't sweatin then you aint workin, and be mindful of your diet. I' go for of low fat, high protein, snacking on fruits/nuts between meals. Lotsa water, chewing gum even helps with tricking you into thinking you're eating!

I do a little over an hour a day 3 or 4 days a week in the tiny gym at our office complex. 5 min stretch, 10-15min cardio to build up some boost in the ol 'ticker, light weight set on machines, 5 min stretch, 20-40 min of cardio depending on what machine/distance, 5 min stretch, heavier weight set on machines, walk it out, hit the showers. I don't do situps/crunches, usually just hold them tight while on the bike/elipticals is enough, & it helps stabilize power transfer (a la stiffening the chassis on a car).

My best friend is hugely into supplements, he's about 6'0 200lbs but not that cut, I'm not a fan of them at all. Daily multivitamin and every other day thermogenics is about it. I'm in no way a big dude, nor will I be, but compared to a year ago I'm 2x as strong and have way better cardio/energy levels as I found out from snowboarding this year.

So for anyone, find a routine that works FOR YOU, and do your best to stick to it. There is no one right path.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
I do 40 minutes on the Elliptical 5 days a week. Then I alternate Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's and Shoulder's/Legs. I also play basketball sometimes and I try to skate too. I need a supplement and have no idea what I should be taking, my goal right now is just to lose weight, not necessarily pack on the muscle.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Car Info: 2006 2.5i
For those of you already going to the gym, what gym do you use? There's only one game in town for me so it's kind of a ripoff because they have nobody to compete with. I have a Powerhouse, paying 45 a month and they don't have courts/pools etc. It's dumb.

Another good tip for getting rid of your gut through lifting is to make sure that your only taking a 30 second rest or so in between your sets. You don't want your heart rate to slow down too much. Keep your reps high so your working for a longer time also.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
4-7 miles per day 4-5 days of the work week(depending on my work load). Trying to drop 20-30 lbs by Summer.

Mostly Vegan Diet.

No fried anything.

I currently use my work gym.

I used to be into body building with 1 gram of protein/lb. of bodyweight. 5 small meals a day. lots of veggies and stone ground whole wheat breads only.
Used to use:
Multi-vitamin
Whey protein isolate, egg whites
NOS L-Arginine Alpha Keto Glutarate
ZMA, L-Carnitine
L-Tryptophan
Old 03-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
guys, dont take NOS. tons and tons of articles out there about its terrible effect.

honestly the first time i tried nos, i couldnt sleep so i gave my bucket of it away.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:15 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX stage 2/ 05 Yamaha R6
I been working out hardcore for 5 years now..Im graduating in the kinesiology dept this semester also..so if you guys need any tips on selecting supps or help in reaching your goals..hit me up..Im a member of 24, so if you need a working out buddy Im always down...I go 5-6 times a week in the afternoon/evening

Last edited by TSNWrX07; 03-12-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:13 AM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon
I've just started working out again. I got a high problem with my weight though, im 6'1 and i don't weigh much at all. I've got some of that weight gainer mix but that thing taste worse than peptobismol lol. Anyone any advice for gaining weight? Im one of those guys who eat tons and not gain anything from it.

Quick Reply: Gym Members!