gun owners: is this gun legal in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 2001 Silverthorne 2.5RS
gun owners: is this gun legal in CA?

im looking to buy a rifle but im not sure if this one is legal in CA. It is a Beretta CX4 Storm. It shoots 9mm .40 .45 caliber bullets depending on which model you get. I was just wondering if i can get it legally here.

Also does anybody have any other suggestions for nice semi-auto carbines? Still dont know exactly what i want so i want a few more options.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:30 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

NO.

it has too many of the EVIL characteristics of an "assault" weapon
Old 10-02-2004, 04:40 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

closest one you can get is the M1. nice .308 caliber rifle.

you can thank your LIE_beral politicians for banning firearms in this wacky state.

you can get "kalifornia-ized" versions of the AR with a fixed 10 cap magazine. you load the ammo via a stripper clip.

for example, this FN FAL neutered version:
http://www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.c...els&storeid=1#

here's an AR lower receiver:
http://www.faxworldcom.com/lgweap/ad...s/callower.htm

you then build up the rest of the rifle. still, they are all neutered.

the M1 rifle can still use a detachable magazine since it doesnt have a pistol grip. but they are expensive as hell...

dont forget, a .50 cal ANYTHING will be banned next year in kalifornia. thank your LIE_beral politician and that democrat in sheep's clothing governor for signing SB50....

so buy them now or forever hold your piece (like i did when i had a chance to buy an lower AR receiver... GRRRRRRRRR

this is something i really thinking of buying:

http://serbu.com/

good luck...
Old 10-02-2004, 10:31 PM

what constitutes it as EVIL? i mean its not even that menacing of a gun as the one you just showed me. *sigh* i had my hopes set on that CX4 too. so if i wanted some .50 caliber rifle id have to acquire it right now?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:45 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

per kalif DOJ:

evil char:

1. flash supressor
2. pistol grip
3. collapsible stock
4. bayonet mount
5. removable magazine

there maybe 1 or 2 more.

not evil? see how wacky the politicians are. when the first roberti-roos act of 1989 came about, the idiots specifically named guns.

kinda like saying all STi's should be illegal. but allows WRXs to be legal...

get your .50 cal EARLY. they dont make em that fast and people in kalif are buying them in bunches. even if you want just the lower receiver, get it now and FAST... just get the receiver for the SAKE of having one. after jan 1, 2005; it's bye bye... unless a real politician (one that works FOR the people, rather than the other way around) takes over and gets this state in control.

btw, it's .50 BMG...

what';s funny is if someone comes up with a .51 or .49 cal next year, this law is moot... F 'em...
Old 10-02-2004, 11:52 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

read this sec:

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
(b) The Legislature finds a significant public purpose in exempting pistols that are designed expressly for use in Olympic target shooting events. Therefore, those pistols that are sanctioned by the International Olympic Committee and by USA Shooting, the national governing body for international shooting competition in the United States, and that are used for Olympic target shooting purposes at the time the act adding this subdivision is enacted, and that would otherwise fall within the definition of "assault weapon" pursuant to this section are exempt, as provided in subdivision (c).
(c) "Assault weapon" does not include either of the following:
(1) Any antique firearm.
(2) Any of the following pistols, because they are consistent with the significant public purpose expressed in subdivision (b):
MANUFACTURER MODEL CALIBER
BENELLI MP90 .22LR
BENELLI MP90 .32 S&W LONG
BENELLI MP95 .22LR
BENELLI MP95 .32 S&W LONG
HAMMERLI 280 .22LR
HAMMERLI 280 .32 S&W LONG
HAMMERLI SP20 .22LR
HAMMERLI SP20 .32 S&W LONG
PARDINI GPO .22 SHORT
PARDINI GP-SCHUMANN .22 SHORT
PARDINI HP .32 S&W LONG
PARDINI MP .32 S&W LONG
PARDINI SP .22LR
PARDINI SPE .22LR
WALTHER GSP .22LR
WALTHER GSP .32 S&W LONG
WALTHER OSP .22 SHORT
WALTHER OSP-2000 .22 SHORT
(3) The Department of Justice shall create a program that is consistent with the purposes stated in subdivision (b) to exempt new models of competitive pistols that would otherwise fall within the definition of "assault weapon" pursuant to this section from being classified as an assault weapon. The exempt competitive pistols may be based on recommendations by USA Shooting consistent with the regulations contained in the USA Shooting Official Rules or may be based on the recommendation or rules of any other organization that the department deems relevant.
(d) The following definitions shall apply under this section:
(1) "Magazine" shall mean any ammunition feeding device.
(2) "Capacity to accept more than 10 rounds" shall mean capable of accommodating more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
(3) "Antique firearm" means any firearm manufactured prior to January 1, 1899.
(e) This section shall become operative January 1, 2000.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:18 AM

man that excludes a lot of carbines i want to get... could you list me some legal ones that you would recommend? im running out of choices here. i like the springfield socom-16 but it costs 1700 and thats way out of my range.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:33 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
**** all that, just buy one out of state and bring it in. It ain't illegal to do that anymore, since the '94 ban expired. I'm gonna go buy a nice HK model 91 and maybe some SKS's next time I'm in Nevada.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:45 AM

can you really do that? what if you want to bring it to a gun range? wouldnt they confiscate it and take you to jail? or is this the type of deal where you buy it out of state and basically keep it out of site?
Old 10-03-2004, 01:04 AM

Nah, you can bring it to the range. How the hell would they know the difference between a preban weapon anyways? Most gun ranges can care less what you shoot there, they care more about the type of bullets you shoot because they dont want their backstops getting messed up.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:12 AM

but would it still be classified as illegal?
Old 10-03-2004, 02:11 AM

No, it's legal to buy them out of state and bring them in. They are just illegal for sale here in CA, but not illegal to posess anymore. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

But honestly, what do you need that fancy carbine for anyways? A rifle is not really the best weapon of choice for home protection. I'd much rather have a Benelli M1 Tactical 12 gauge filled up with some #4 buckshot. That'd be enough to blow a bowling ball sized hole in somebody.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:25 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

LURK,

please check your info.

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the AW ban that just sunset is for the rest of the nation.

KALIFORNIA has it still in effect and will never die. unless a change of politicians happens. for the good.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THAT INFO OUT.

you will end up in jail IF CAUGHT. that had got to be the most IGNORANT post i've seen here in a while.

geez...

if you wanna read up on it, go to www.calguns.net
Old 10-03-2004, 02:27 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

geez, i hope you are kidding LURK...

otherwise, man... who the hell did you get that crap from?

**** all that, just buy one out of state and bring it in. It ain't illegal to do that anymore, since the '94 ban expired. I'm gonna go buy a nice HK model 91 and maybe some SKS's next time I'm in Nevada.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:32 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

again, from the link i gave above:

ARTICLE 2. UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES

12280. (a)(1) Any person who, within this state, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for four, six, or eight years.

Quick Reply: gun owners: is this gun legal in CA?