Guilty until proven innocent. Bay area justice system way!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Set the court date. Only a judge/commissioner can correct all this for you. Go in uniform, bring all your proof with you.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Thanks for the info and support! I met with a local police officer to file ID theft complaint. (this police officer was awesome!) Looks like it's not a ID theft case at all. He ran the license plate associated with that violation. There is someone with exact same name as mine. First and last name. But with different driver license number and different birthdate. That person already paid the violation fee. So, it is DMV data logging mistake, which gave me the point in my record instead of that person. I made an appointment with local DMV. I rather not go to the court and talk with judge about this - since it's purely DMV's mistake and take too much time. Now that I have the plate number, license number, birth date, and his/her name or my name, I should be able to communicate with DMV clerks. On the phone, they just don't get what I'm trying to say. Telling me to go to court and making sarcastic remarks....I'm going to make some fuss if they are not willing to listen this time.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:43 AM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Originally Posted by willow
Thanks for the info and support! I met with a local police officer to file ID theft complaint. (this police officer was awesome!) Looks like it's not a ID theft case at all. He ran the license plate associated with that violation. There is someone with exact same name as mine. First and last name. But with different driver license number and different birthdate. That person already paid the violation fee. So, it is DMV data logging mistake, which gave me the point in my record instead of that person. I made an appointment with local DMV. I rather not go to the court and talk with judge about this - since it's purely DMV's mistake and take too much time. Now that I have the plate number, license number, birth date, and his/her name or my name, I should be able to communicate with DMV clerks. On the phone, they just don't get what I'm trying to say. Telling me to go to court and making sarcastic remarks....I'm going to make some fuss if they are not willing to listen this time.
I did the same thing two years ago, it will cost you some money to get the point/error taken off your record. I know, it was not you but you have to pay for it. If you need more help let me know I have the Hayward Department of Investigations if you need it. There is a separate form you can file with DMV once the error has been fixed. I hope you get this taken care of,

-Gio