Guess what I did on Saturday? (wreck pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Stage 4+ Bugeye
Unhappy Guess what I did on Saturday? (wreck pics)

Well guys, it was about that time again so I thought i would mess my car up pretty good. Wasn't speeding, wasn't acting dumb, I just didn't pay attention and it costed me. I hope this is a wake up call for those of you like me. . . ignorance is bliss only until you wake up to something like this. I could be dead and the car could be totalled. Thank the car Gods that I took the defensive driving class to do what I did. Here is the story:

Driving to go meet up with friends to get ice cream on saturday, I am in 5th gear and speeding slowly but surely up to 45 (speed limit). I look down to check my cluster and see that I am 1/4 of a tank down with only 34.3 miles on the tank ?! I start thinking about when I filled it up and what I have done since then. I keep glancing down and back up again. Then I figured out just as I look up again that I had only put $25.00 down on the tank. So I look up and I see something glittering up at me which I later realized was glass. It wasn't even a thought it was a reaction to swerve to the right. The sprinklers had just gone of so the road had wet spots and puddles. Well when I swerved right I tried to correct myself back left and started going sideways. Then I try over-correcting myself to keep from going sideways. Bad idea but it kept me from going straight over the island into the other lanes of traffic. I came in contact with the curb and came to a stop in a safe area about a 1/2 block away. Pics at the bottom. . .

We aren't invinsible, AWD, and ABS didn't help me, I could barely help me. There is no feeling in the world when the car is going out of control, you just prey to your lucky starts and hope that everything will be ok. Horsepower and Torque is great, but when it comes down to being safe. Street racing is all great fun up until one guy takes out a pole and an innocent guy walking the street. The street drift competition is always fun up until the time where someone drifts into a lake and then the car has to be extracted with a crane. I know these are off the wall but still guys and gals, I know most of you and I would hate to see one of us total our car or worse just for some bragging rights.

Anyone who feels like donating a few extra bucks to the "Fix Bertha Fund" send it to WRXRush@yahoo.com Thanks

Also more pics are in my gallery:
https://www.i-club.com/gallery/showg...0&ppuser=12660

WRX Rush
Austin
Attached Thumbnails Guess what I did on Saturday? (wreck pics)-dscn0863.jpg   Guess what I did on Saturday? (wreck pics)-dscn0867.jpg   Guess what I did on Saturday? (wreck pics)-dscn0868.jpg  
Old 06-22-2004, 05:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Ugh sorry to hear that dude. Doesn't look too bad, compared to *cough* some curb encounters I've seen.

I know reliving it and questioning it doesn't help, but I can't help myself. Why didn't you just run it over? Glass won't hurt your car. 99 times out of 100 plowing into whatever is in your way will do less damage than wrecking trying to avoid it.

Good luck getting it repaired ASAP.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WRX Rush
It wasn't even a thought it was a reaction to swerve to the right.
Thanks for your compassion and caring, MexicanPizza. I relived it 1,000 times in my head and wished I woulda gone through it. But it was a invoulentary reaction.

WRX Rush
Austin
Old 06-22-2004, 06:05 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
I have been there before (but thankfully not crashed). When you arent expecting it and then you catch something out of the corner of your eye it is hard not to swerve.

Car getting hurt = suckage

You not plwing through the divide and banking into somebody else = je schuang (CHinese for very cool)
Old 06-22-2004, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Too bad that happened, I've been in your situation too but my car didn't make it like yours did.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:38 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Blue
So what do you estimate the damage at?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:48 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
ow

that hurts

aloha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 06-22-2004, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 yellow wrx
im sorry, i hit a curb and totally screwed up the front right susp, and control arm and everything, yours doesnt look too bad, but you are right, it is all about paying attention!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

The price right now is at $736.08 That is just parts and rims. Then after that:

-mount tires to rims
-balance them
-have my entire suspension aligned
-new sideskirts
-some body work up front where my bumper knicked the side

That is about it. . . . for now. Once i get the car up on the lift and see what else is wrong (I want to check the spindle for cracks) but besides that I think that is it.

WRX Rush
Austin
Old 06-22-2004, 08:05 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
sorry to hear that dude. looks a lot better than when a pole jumped out infront of the car.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:59 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
does insurance cover this?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:18 PM

Ouch! sorry to hear that
Old 06-22-2004, 10:33 PM
VIP Member

SkylineR35GTRX:
No one else was around me exept for going in the other direction, I didn't hit anybody, and my deductible is $1,000 so I figure I am gonna land somewhere in that region, pay for it myself, do the work myself, and not have my insureance go up. While I have 2 rims without wheels on them I think I am gonna upgrade my tires to BF Goodrich T/A KD's. We shall see.

WRX Rush
Austin
Old 06-22-2004, 10:42 PM
VIP Member

And I have the pictures to prove it Thanks Razor.

WRX Rush
Austin

Quick Reply: Guess what I did on Saturday? (wreck pics)