GST gets smoked!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
GST gets smoked!

Cool video all the same!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...per_699814.htm

Not bad for no testing laps other than the timed session and with our driver Gary Sheehan driving basically half a car sorry Gary we're working on giving you something better as I type

Mike
Old 08-11-2009, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
Sick video. Nice Job guys.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
That was a hard weekend for you guys. nice video.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
God damn! Look at that gap between second and third!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAMM!

You guys rox0rz@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Weren't the other cars in a different class?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea the other cars were Modified class, for whatever reason only us and the overall champions FXMD took the field from unlimited. We couldn't loose really, the only thing we hadn't broken on the car up till that point was the engine so I figured we might as well run the car and go for a 100% record although the motor thought otherwise and was fine. Not to bad for a borrowed stock STI tranny'd car put in 2 hours before the timed session with no dash and complete new wiring for everything done during Saturday and overnight (nothing like a resistance problem causing a relay to overheat and hearing the driver say "we have an electrical fire!")

Fun times, I am blessed to have the best crew and driver there is! Nothing beats the never say die attitude of the crew for sure!

Kudos to Gary, Tommy, Mert, Earl, Paul, Anissa, Felipe, Keith, Jeff and everyone else that worked with no sleep for several days in the Willow's heat.

Mike
Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 PM

Car Info: Nadda
What happened? ><
Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by iLoqin
What happened? ><
To what?

Mike
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Sheehan has some ***** putting that car on the limit after no practice time and having not turned a lap at Willow Springs for 8 years.

Mike, keep us posted on the next event schedule....I'm looking forward to seeing the new lightweight 'L' in action...and maybe a drunken weekend in Vegas
Old 08-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by glenspen
Sheehan has some ***** putting that car on the limit after no practice time and having not turned a lap at Willow Springs for 8 years.

Mike, keep us posted on the next event schedule....I'm looking forward to seeing the new lightweight 'L' in action...and maybe a drunken weekend in Vegas
Yup he has some brass for sure!

Next event other than testing later part of this month and beginning of next month is Redline at the Pahrump, a truely wonderful place that everyone should visit!

Mike
Old 08-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 05 STi, 87 RX
It was such a fun weekend. I think you had to be there and seen the race in person to really appreciate how exciting it was.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pghiocel
It was such a fun weekend. I think you had to be there and seen the race in person to really appreciate how exciting it was.
Yea for sure, Gary drafting Billy in the NSX on the start of the second lap then looking for the inside with Billy closing the door was pretty awesome even being on the 1st place looser end of things

Mike
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Yup he has some brass for sure!

Next event other than testing later part of this month and beginning of next month is Redline at the Pahrump, a truely wonderful place that everyone should visit!

Mike
From Wikipedia:

Since the late 1970s, Pahrump has grown almost exponentially, increasing from about 2000 residents in 1980 to almost 25,000 in 2000. Notable businesses in the area include Front Sight Firearms Training Institute[citation needed] and Spring Mountain Motor Sports Ranch[citation needed], in addition to several legal brothels such as the Chicken Ranch and Sheri's Ranch.

Guns and ******...mmmmm interesting
Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Yea the other cars were Modified class, for whatever reason only us and the overall champions FXMD took the field from unlimited. We couldn't loose really, the only thing we hadn't broken on the car up till that point was the engine so I figured we might as well run the car and go for a 100% record although the motor thought otherwise and was fine. Not to bad for a borrowed stock STI tranny'd car put in 2 hours before the timed session with no dash and complete new wiring for everything done during Saturday and overnight (nothing like a resistance problem causing a relay to overheat and hearing the driver say "we have an electrical fire!")

Fun times, I am blessed to have the best crew and driver there is! Nothing beats the never say die attitude of the crew for sure!

Kudos to Gary, Tommy, Mert, Earl, Paul, Anissa, Felipe, Keith, Jeff and everyone else that worked with no sleep for several days in the Willow's heat.

Mike
That's a mouthfull, but no joke. There's something pretty special about a group of guys that will mash all day and night to get three good laps. Thanks for having me. You know I love it.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by glenspen
From Wikipedia:

Since the late 1970s, Pahrump has grown almost exponentially, increasing from about 2000 residents in 1980 to almost 25,000 in 2000. Notable businesses in the area include Front Sight Firearms Training Institute[citation needed] and Spring Mountain Motor Sports Ranch[citation needed], in addition to several legal brothels such as the Chicken Ranch and Sheri's Ranch.

Guns and ******...mmmmm interesting
Oh boy... Do I hear 1st sucker?

Quick Reply: GST gets smoked!