Grrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
Grrrrr

I know everyone gets door dings and such, but wow, was i pissed this morning.

I go to my final, get it done, come outside to see a ****ing white "riced out" honda civic parked an inch away from me. Oh and look, a nice new BIG scratch ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE METAL on the right passenger door... and this scratch is in the middle of a nice dent.... So yeh im angry...

Anyone have suggestions on repair for it? i feel its very unsightly, and since its scratched down to the metal, i dont want it to rust or anything.....

I swear, if i find that kid imma beat him an inch from death.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'm assuming you did the right thing and slashed that cars tires, right? Maybe even kicked in it's fenders?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm assuming you did the right thing and slashed that cars tires, right? Maybe even kicked in it's fenders?
Why would that be the right thing? How would kicking in his fenders and slashing his tires repair Sharky's car. Revenge accomplishes nothing here.

A better choice would be to take a picture, get his lic. plate # and take it to the cops and file a report + insurance claim with his insurance.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by mcowger
Why would that be the right thing? How would kicking in his fenders and slashing his tires repair Sharky's car. Revenge accomplishes nothing here.

A better choice would be to take a picture, get his lic. plate # and take it to the cops and file a report + insurance claim with his insurance.
Unless there was visible paint transfer on the other vehicle, getting a license plate with pictures do absolutely nothing. This happened to one of our shop vehicles not too long ago, and we still had to cough up our deductible.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by AzN121184
Unless there was visible paint transfer on the other vehicle, getting a license plate with pictures do absolutely nothing. This happened to one of our shop vehicles not too long ago, and we still had to cough up our deductible.

Really - interesting, because I just last week got another guys insurance to pay for a dent because he did something similar and had no visible paint transfer.

And it was based on having those pictures.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 85 AE86, 84 FJ60
.....but you did kick in his fenders right?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
No i didnt kick his fenders in, i didnt key his car, i didnt **** in his heat/cooling vent (altho i wanted to badly)......

Its wierd, The dent/scratch is in an awkward place - its almost as if he opened, the door, got out of the car, then fell on my car w/ his backpack or something.... i dont know...

Im still pissed.... ganna be what, like a $1000 to fix the stupd thing is my guess...
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by Sharky
I know everyone gets door dings and such, but wow, was i pissed this morning.

I go to my final, get it done, come outside to see a ****ing white "riced out" honda civic parked an inch away from me. Oh and look, a nice new BIG scratch ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE METAL on the right passenger door... and this scratch is in the middle of a nice dent.... So yeh I'm angry...

Anyone have suggestions on repair for it? i feel its very unsightly, and since its scratched down to the metal, I don't want it to rust or anything.....
I feel your pain. My 4th front bumper, the one that is custom for the FMIC, and just got out of paint for the second time, got backed into AGAIN yesterday.

I have had 2 front bumpers and 2 rears, and 4 fender dents and one b pillar dent all in the last 4 months all not my fault. I don't even know why I try to keep my car nice.

Last edited by STiYLIN; 06-25-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Car Info: '04 WRX
people are so lame!

same thing happened to me last week. but in my case, my car was clearly keyed...at work!?!? I mind my own, and keep to myself and never give anyone any reason to do stuff like this to me, but some P.O.S. did anyway. We have no reserved parking spots, so I think that someone who felt that they had "dibs" on that spot did it. I'm trying to keep my eye out for suspicious parkers, maybe someone that always parks in the same spot that I was in, now that I no longer park there. Any ideas? Or is this a lost cause.

Long story short, I'm going to repair the key scratch with one of the touch-up "paint pens", and try as hard as I can to not notice it!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:23 PM

Car Info: civic
Really - interesting, because I just last week got another guys insurance to pay for a dent because he did something similar and had no visible paint transfer.

And it was based on having those pictures.

in our situation, the other vehicle had no visible damage due to the fact that he driving one of those big penske rental trucks, with the driver denying the fact of hitting our car. long story short, we ended up having to pay for our deductible anyways, which sucks!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 2007 black subaru impreza 2.5 i
sorry sharky
Old 06-25-2007, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by AzN121184
in our situation, the other vehicle had no visible damage due to the fact that he driving one of those big penske rental trucks, with the driver denying the fact of hitting our car. long story short, we ended up having to pay for our deductible anyways, which sucks!
In my situation, the other driver also had no damage, because her lic. plate damaged my car.

My point is that your statement isn't 100% accurate - it IS possible to get covered for that - perhaps not in every case or by every company, but it certainly is, and more improtantly, better than kicking someone elses bumper.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 85 AE86, 84 FJ60
I have said it for years man.....you just cant have anything nice, because nobody else gives a flying crap about it

I have one super unluckey pass. door, and the rest of my car has also seen much abuse through no fault of my own.

A really good one seems to be: lets open the car door with something swingy in my hand. Then I will act surprized when whatever that was, slaps the door.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM

I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

Revenge is ALWAYS the answer.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:43 PM
KareBear

Car Info: '07 SWP STi
I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.

Revenge is ALWAYS the answer.
ROFL!

Quick Reply: Grrrrr