Green Card Approval

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Yay! Welcome aboard! I'll never forget when I finally got mine... Mucho party was had.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 AM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Yeah its only a green card so I still have my irish passport.. The good thing about it is in the future I can apply for US citizenship and keep my irish passport too. Have the best of both worlds. With a green card the US gov't can still deport you from the country at anytime, but if you get the Citizenship they can't kick you out.

Work brought me to Santa Rosa, I worked in Medtronic in Galway, Ireland and got the opportunity to travel over to the plant in Santa Rosa and took it with both hands. Santa Rosa wouldn't have been my initial choice on towns to live in but its close to work and pretty central.

Don't get me wrong ireland has got some great things like pubs, pubs and more pubs but been there done that... As for the GF thinking I was only going out with her for the green card that was only really a joke I just kept telling her that and she'd laugh at it.

Having a green card just lets me move jobs now but just makes life a little easier with the gov't getting in and out of the country without filling in 1,500 forms everytime..
Old 02-12-2009, 06:59 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
Originally Posted by sigma pi
WOW thats WOW

you cant say that
Of course i can!

Originally Posted by irrational x
someones gona get killed in one of the death busses
whats your means?which busses? ???

Originally Posted by KOSTI
I'll raise you one Kristo182

PS. Congrats!!!
Kristo182=???
Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 AM

green card means more taxes?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by irrational x
someones gona get killed in one of the death busses
oh, i see! yes but many of those *******s can avoid death penalty!****
Originally Posted by sigma pi
http://i.gizmodo.com/5151377/chinas-...ting-on-the-go

i laways wondered how he got on here in the first place

china blocks this site
Most death are executed by firing squad,and the body was handed over to the family at once.
So i believe that the story is not true!!!!You know ,the complete body is important to the family!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 AM

OP: Congratulation! I know personally how good it feels - very liberating!

Originally Posted by Krinkov
hey how'd you get it that quick? A friend of mine here is from Japan and hers is going to take 5 years. Is it by country or something??
It varies depending on the country, the application technique and the demand. I know many people whose applications took > 5 years. Mine took just over 18 months. I got lucky because the US was very keen to support the .com boom and they couldn't get people in fast enough. I also did "consular processing" where, instead of spending weeks waiting for different depts. in the US (finger prints, health check etc.) the whole lot was done in one day at the US Embassy in London. I think that the longest part of the process was labour certification. The UK and the US also have a reciprocal program w.r.t. police records so I didn't need to get an FBI background check - my UK Police record was adequate.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
So whats the word on the mini brian?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by 455h013
So whats the word on the mini brian?
heading over to England on Monday to check out the set-up Chris has at Zcars and hopefully have some good news and go from there..

If things go good we might be seeing alot more Zcars Mini's around the bay area
Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Very nice. Congrats

You know a lot of people who born here don't realize how much it means to have permanent resident status in the US and then citizenship. I have a looooot of coworkers waiting for their green card/citizenship (IT guys from India, Scotland, Canada) and they are so nervous.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
i dont think you can keep your irish passport when you get citizenship... for what i know i got my Visa cuz of the parentals took us about 6 years to get naturalize and after the ceremony they took my Philippine Passport along with my Visa and they gave us our papers that prove that we are american citizen and this was around 2007. they change your passport into what they call the Blue eagle passport(US Passport) LoL i dont even have a passport until now been lazy to go to the post office and spend 80 bucks to get it oh and btw for people who are not originally american citizen they can get what they call dual citizenship..
Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Brilliant!

Originally Posted by Irishdude
So just incase you Bay Areas peeps don't realise but you are living in one of the most forward looking, exciting, beautiful areas in the America. You have everything at your fingertips from the coast to the Desert to Snow to Woodlands you name and its a stone's throw away..
No doubt we have the most concentrated and diverse amount of geography...but i cant stand 1/2 the people in the bay area.

I bet in Ireland, it's a lot more low key and friendly.

But i guess being able to laugh at hyphy kids dancing with their colorful pants hanging off their *** and at white lifted douche trucks makes it all worth it

Originally Posted by KOSTI
I'll raise you one Kristo182

PS. Congrats!!!
Is that the guy that was effing everyone over on CL?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 AM

The good thing with being Irish is the irish Gov't and the US Gov't are pretty close so we are able to have dual citizenship. Many other countries require that you surrender your home countries passport

"But i guess being able to laugh at hyphy kids dancing with their colorful pants hanging off their *** and at white lifted douche trucks makes it all worth it"

^^ This does help ^^

Originally Posted by gotrice?
i dont think you can keep your irish passport when you get citizenship... for what i know i got my Visa cuz of the parentals took us about 6 years to get naturalize and after the ceremony they took my Philippine Passport along with my Visa and they gave us our papers that prove that we are american citizen and this was around 2007. they change your passport into what they call the Blue eagle passport(US Passport) LoL i dont even have a passport until now been lazy to go to the post office and spend 80 bucks to get it oh and btw for people who are not originally american citizen they can get what they call dual citizenship..
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by chinabox
green card means more taxes?
Nope - you pay full taxes whether you are citizen, GC holder or on a H1 visa.

The GC is a significant status change though. If you are working in the US on a visa, you have, essentially, made a promise to leave the country before the visa expires. A green card gives you permission to stay, work, live indefinitely in the US. It is one step from being a citizen.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
My ex GF was a white South African. ahhh the funny lines i'd come up with.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
santa rosa ftw!

congrats dude, thats pretty sweet news

Quick Reply: Green Card Approval