Great shop & mechanic in San Jose – WRX expert

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by Lurk
Ok, in that case you do realize that containers that come in from overseas have to clear US Customs first right? Sometimes there are delays. That's why they gave you an ETA. "ESTIMATED Time of Arrival"

Lurk... you are not very bright and need to read my post again.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I'm just stating facts. And you are trying find any angle you can to bash Gruppe-S even though you never had any service done there yourself. Honestly, do you think anyone here will goto some no name shop in SJ just so they can get charged $1500 instead of $1200 for the same service? No, only an idiot would do that.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:38 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Quoc
Like I said I don't hate Gruppe-s... Been a customer since they were known as germanautowerks.... 1) How many or you "die hard" Gruppe-s customers can say that?

So... cheaper and faster = less quality/service... that would mean more expensive and slower = better quality/service? Come on... get real!!! 2) Please think before you start saying stuff to make youself foolish and uneducated.

Quality is in the mechanic who is actually tinkering with your car.

Anyways It's not the service or price I dislike... its the time I waste waiting for $hit to come in. I understand that they can't have everything in stock but you don't have to tell a customer that an item will arrive in 2 days when it will actually take 3 weeks.

All I know is Sunrise 7 gave be great service and great rates and 3) I wanted to share this with the I-Club family and what happens... I get flamed on?

You know what... This is my last post on I-club. Good Bye.
1) Does not matter and is irrelevant, you are still bashing them, now you are taking pride in being a long time customer?

2) I didn't quite understand that, could you run that by one more time person that is more educated then myself?

3) You are flamed on for trash talking. I do hope you don't post here anymore, we have enough idiots posting here anyways.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
not taking side and don't want to get flame... But saying one shop is faster and cheaper than the other isn't exactly flaming, right?

get your car done a lot faster than Gruppe-s (and much cheaper).
I don't know, I guess I look at it like a review of a dealership. And this is just HIS personal experience. As we all know, even the best shop/store/dealership cannot satifsy EVERYONE. Maybe he is just those of the few unfortunately ones, it happens.

for example, Stevens Creek has more cars and cheaper in price but BAD services. Santa Cruz has less care and a bit more expensive but EXCELLENT services. Sometime price is the only and main factor for people that's why Stevens Creek is still selling. But some people prefer to be treated like a human being, they rather pay a little more for less hassle and great services...

just my 2 lucky pennies...

Last edited by DetailAddict; 04-13-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Wow.

+1 for posting your positive experience with a new shop.

+1 to Mike for simply stating facts and the usual eloquent candor.

Pretty much everyone (except for Mike) who is speaking out for Gruppe-S here is not only making themselves look stupid, but IMHO bringing the reputation of the shop down as well. Not trying to state a fact at all - just expressing my own personal point of view.