Great shop & mechanic in San Jose – WRX expert

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I was waiting for Moike to see this.

I am a cheap *** and Mike knows it. He looks out for his customers in every way possible.

When it comes to mechanical work on a car, I would trust Gruppe-S to do it fast or take their time rather then go to some place I have never heard of that could rip my **** off, and was recommended by some new member, whos name I can not pronounce and is talking **** about one of the most reputable tuning/building/mechanic shops in the bay area.

I would attempt the rebuild myself before taking it to some shop I don't know.

-100 for the trash talking newb.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Damn...coming on here disrespecting Gruppe-s and recommending some back-alley friend of yours. you need to learn some forum manners.

Gruppe-s are highly regarded not only for the quality of their work and turn around times, but also for fixing other garages shoddy work.

When your tranny busts because Thanh and the a$$hats at sunrise 7 think a subaru is a honda I hope you post a thread titled "I'm sorry Gruppe-s, I'm a tool"

that's all.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:57 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
If he actually had work done at gruppe-s and was unhappy, I can see why he would bash, but considering that isnt the case, it seems more likely he's just trying to covertly advertise for the shop, perhaps he has a stake in it
Old 04-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
damn, got some serious e-thugs working for you Mike

-Gagan
Old 04-13-2006, 01:28 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by mcdrama
I was waiting for Moike to see this.

I am a cheap *** and Mike knows it. He looks out for his customers in every way possible.
+1!!
gruppe-s did my clutch job on my RS and did a great job, only costed me $350 for the labor since i got the parts so all in all it worked out great...a couple of items came up but they werent any cause of my clutch, it was an old part failing and not any tech mishap at all. moike was very helpful and willing to even have it taken care of/looked at while he was away. cant wait to get my STi and get it tuned ya mate!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
damn, got some serious e-thugs working for you Mike

-Gagan
Not that I know of Gagan, I actually prefer people to stay out of things I was simply trying to work out where issues were with a potiental or Ex customer as I could not relate to his quote for the work due to it not being what would have been quoted by us.

For what it's worth the pricing on the above job would have been right around $1500 otd and would have been completed next day (we don't have the 2nd gear on the shelf the rest we do).

Mike
Old 04-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Like I said I don't hate Gruppe-s... Been a customer since they were known as germanautowerks.... How many or you "die hard" Gruppe-s customers can say that?

So... cheaper and faster = less quality/service... that would mean more expensive and slower = better quality/service? Come on... get real!!! Please think before you start saying stuff to make youself foolish and uneducated.

Quality is in the mechanic who is actually tinkering with your car.

Anyways It's not the service or price I dislike... its the time I waste waiting for $hit to come in. I understand that they can't have everything in stock but you don't have to tell a customer that an item will arrive in 2 days when it will actually take 3 weeks.

All I know is Sunrise 7 gave be great service and great rates and I wanted to share this with the I-Club family and what happens... I get flamed on?

You know what... This is my last post on I-club. Good Bye.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by UK n00b
Not that I know of Gagan, I actually prefer people to stay out of things I was simply trying to work out where issues were with a potiental or Ex customer as I could not relate to his quote for the work due to it not being what would have been quoted by us.

For what it's worth the pricing on the above job would have been right around $1500 otd and would have been completed next day (we don't have the 2nd gear on the shelf the rest we do).

Mike
You know what I meant

I think that it's pretty rediculous to say something like that about a company that you have not done business with. You are saying that you were quoted $2,000, and that you had to wait for days and days, blah blah blah, but I don't think you ever tried to get a 2nd quote, or try to work something out.

We have Mike here, stating that he'd not have you charged you more than $1500, and that it would be a 24-48hr job. That's extremly quick and priced well.

Besides, you get to have Mert work on your car, not everyday you get a drift master working on you car

-Gagan
Old 04-13-2006, 02:04 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Quoc
I don't hate Gruppe-s... I hate waiting 2-3 weeks for parts to come in.
You ever heard of overseas shipping or lead time? You don't really seem to all that bright son. Well either way, anywhere you go you will have to wait for parts that are on backorder no matter what. Not just at Gruppe-S
Old 04-13-2006, 02:05 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Like I said I don't hate Gruppe-s... Been a customer since they were known as germanautowerks.... 1.How many or you "die hard" Gruppe-s customers can say that?

So... cheaper and faster = less quality/service... that would mean more expensive and slower = better quality/service? Come on... get real!!! Please think before you start saying stuff to make youself foolish and uneducated.

Quality is in the mechanic who is actually tinkering with your car.

2. Anyways It's not the service or price I dislike... its the time I waste waiting for $hit to come in. I understand that they can't have everything in stock but you don't have to tell a customer that an item will arrive in 2 days when it will actually take 3 weeks.

All I know is Sunrise 7 gave be great service and great rates and I wanted to share this with the I-Club family and what happens... I get flamed on?

3. You know what... This is my last post on I-club. Good Bye.
1. Me.

2. So your issue is in the parts department and not the service deparment?

3. Grow some backbone,
Old 04-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Old School

So you have bought parts but not had work done on your car?

Parts and the Service/Tuning are run by different people, so I think your complaint is probably more directly related to Parts.

-Gagan
Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Once again... Lurk please read what I wrote before you open your mouth... My issue is with them quoting me the wrong time frame not the acutal time it takes to arrive?
Old 04-13-2006, 02:13 PM

wow alot of gruppe-s groupies here. I trust that they're a good shop since there are alot of vouches for them but whats with the bashing? Calling the other shops workers asshats and making fun of the guy's username? The guy said he hates the wait and recommended another alternative. Its a suggestion and recommendation, take it or leave it, its simple.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Once again... Lurk please read what I wrote before you open your mouth... My issue is with them quoting me the wrong time frame not the acutal time it takes to arrive?
Ok, in that case you do realize that containers that come in from overseas have to clear US Customs first right? Sometimes there are delays. That's why they gave you an ETA. "ESTIMATED Time of Arrival"
Old 04-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
HEY!

welcome back to i-club

Quick Reply: Great shop & mechanic in San Jose – WRX expert