Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:27 AM

Car Info: Fast
My driver managed to beat the second Like the Wind race with the Toyota Minolta car, but not matter what car he just could not win the Daytona race. That is, until I put him in the Formula GT
Old 01-01-2011, 08:12 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by aboothman
My driver managed to beat the second Like the Wind race with the Toyota Minolta car, but not matter what car he just could not win the Daytona race. That is, until I put him in the Formula GT
I hvae rebuilt the engine on the forumula GT twice now
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 PM

Car Info: evo8
Super GT race is long!!enduro races would probably start showing up in my dreams tonight lol!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Finished the B-Spec Extreme Series Super GT races yesterday. I think it took around 4.5 hours. The Mugen NSX (gift car) is badass though!! My driver(s) won each race by 20+ seconds, although only making one pit stop/ driver swap really helped.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by evo_dadi
Super GT race is long!!enduro races would probably start showing up in my dreams tonight lol!!!
DUDE the first thing i did to start my three day weekend was try the enduro race Thursday after work. 60 laps

I did b spec the rest of the weekend it was that bad
Finished the B-Spec Extreme Series Super GT races yesterday. I think it took around 4.5 hours. The Mugen NSX (gift car) is badass though!! My driver(s) won each race by 20+ seconds, although only making one pit stop/ driver swap really helped.
Yeah I am on that one next time. The first one where you can make the swap the rome track, I only picked one driver dude went 20 laps and won by 45 seconds because of the comfort soft tires and no pit stops. I do not suggest this, get a second driver Even just for the XP
Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 AM

ya I always push them a lap or so past their exhaustion level, but just to make sure I have a good enough lead, or to pit after all the AI so I never lose the lead

Another thing: Ten laps on a wet Suzaka, with a 650 WHP NSX and traction control off, is NOT easy!!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:08 AM
9 to 5 mod

ya I always push them a lap or so past their exhaustion level, but just to make sure I have a good enough lead, or to pit after all the AI so I never lose the lead

Another thing: Ten laps on a wet Suzaka, with a 650 WHP NSX and traction control off, is NOT easy!!
OMG some of my B spec guys are morons when passing lap traffic hahah
it gets me so mad haha
but once a good lead is going I just put pit strategy 10% of their strength left they pit automatically

one driver it doesnt matter about strength he is good to go
one driver OMG its like he forgets how to drive a car haha
Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Sorry to change the subject but I took your guys advice and got the zr1, race modded, did every single up grade and it jams. But for the gt all stars in aspec expert its a challenge! To win you literally can't make one mistake. I can get 1st on trail M and grand valley but the ring is insane! I know everyone agreed the zr1 is da sheet and it is but anything else for under a mill that can dom over all these expensive freakin fast le man's LP cars?!?! That I can buy.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

formula Gran tourismo 4.X million

you wont have any problems hahaha
Old 01-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Oh for the GT Spec All stars I used the Zonda R, or the Toyota Minolta race car. I have not tried the Race Modded ZR1 for that, although I am sure that it would take a good setup and a little more effort due to the reduced power and increased weight compared to the Zonda R.

But like you say, we were recommending a car under a million that would make you competitive

The Zonda R IS a gift car, ya know? I forget what you have to win to get it...google it.

As for B Spec drivers, I am finding that a good Hot Head driver can be better than a high level chill driver.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 PM

B Spec drivers braking in the corners of Indy or Daytona never ceases to **** me off though!!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
The European Championship in A-Spec was easy only because all my Euro cars have much higher hp than the competition,not unless I mod some of my much lower-powered ones. I'm going to re-do it one of these days with a more evenly powered car. I wanted to use the HPA Golf but I guess it's considered an American car.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Car Info: evo8
Originally Posted by mr_silas
Sorry to change the subject but I took your guys advice and got the zr1, race modded, did every single up grade and it jams. But for the gt all stars in aspec expert its a challenge! To win you literally can't make one mistake. I can get 1st on trail M and grand valley but the ring is insane! I know everyone agreed the zr1 is da sheet and it is but anything else for under a mill that can dom over all these expensive freakin fast le man's LP cars?!?! That I can buy.
there's some of us that did the same thing for the bspec races and left scratching our heads lol!!im saving up for the formula gt to use for GT all stars,then after wining the minolta car use that for the historic race.

@aboothman yea the zonda r is a prize car so just gotta add some more mods on it.best i can do with the oval is 7-8th andi dont even try the rest

Originally Posted by sigma pi
DUDE the first thing i did to start my three day weekend was try the enduro race Thursday after work. 60 laps

I did b spec the rest of the weekend it was that bad
i was watching movies while playing the super GT series,thank goodness for PIP but i cant even imagine the 60+ laps up ahead

Last edited by evo_dadi; 01-03-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx and 2013 Impreza
Thank you guys for the input. Anyone else just feel like your hitting a wall? I miss the race in gt4 where I won the 300k car everytime Lol

is anyone competing In that tournament? The Nissan one
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 AM
9 to 5 mod

B Spec drivers braking in the corners of Indy or Daytona never ceases to **** me off though!!

Dude OMFG I hit pace up and the B spec driver brakes by the flag on daytona

I get sooo mad hahaha

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5