Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Is it XMas yet my parents promised me this game. -_____-
Xochi not getting it for your bday?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Xochi not getting it for your bday?
Lol, I hope so. I'm trying to unload some bike parts so I can buy that damn steering wheel!

I refuse to play GT with a damn controller.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 AM

Lol, I hope so. I'm trying to unload some bike parts so I can buy that damn steering wheel!

I get my wheel in today finally. Didnt get the G27 but instead the Driving Force GT wheel. Still better than the damn controller. Its difficult to be consistent with the controller.
If you get the G27 Im coming over
Old 12-03-2010, 11:32 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
BTW you get a free car on your b day
Old 12-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Ill have to wait till April to receive mine.. Hopefully I'll still be into the game by then.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Woooot! Playing. I have been using a '76 Ferrari 512BB since starting - it was my first car. A gift since it was my birthday when the game released, and I was born in '76. The only actual surprise I got on my bday... Haha..

My PSN id will blow your mind.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
BTW you get a free car on your b day
This has been covered...

Had a blast with the game last night BTW. All the way up to level 13 but have not messed with Spec B yet. Mainly using my 512BB and a Miata. I did some of the NASCAR things and was seriously disappointed by both Top Gear test track races.

So far my only complaint is the slow cars are not realistic. They are too slow. As someone who used to daily drive a 46hp Austin Mini, and drove a 73hp Subaru Justy today, I am hear to tell ya, small light cars are in no way slow.

I think games like this are the reason people ask me stupid questions about the Justys and stuff like - "can it go up a hill?" When I drive a small light car, I don't wish it had more power - I wish everyone around me drove better.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
^ Is it really that bad? I usually watch the MPH/KPH to get an idea on how "fast" the car is going.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STi, 2002 WRB WRX
GT5 ****ing sucks, i have been waiting YEARS for this game as has everyone else, and its a major let down. i was expecting much much more from this game and im back to playing forza. look forward to forza 4 i guess...
Old 12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I utterly hate GT5's broken, rushed content but at the same time I can't stop playing it. With that being said, who knew Gran Turismo would make me a Forza fanboy.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
So far I'm not really impressed with GT5. However, I knew it was gonna be tough to beat Forza 3, just because it was so damn good.

For those of you playing GT5 with a wheel (the only way to play IMO), make sure you change the wheel setting to "simulation". It's much better that way.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by sigma pi
+1

Driving force is good enough for me

G27 was 250 the other week
That's still far too much for me.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

I do quite well with the controller. The only problem I've had is the Nascar intermediate challenge on Indy. That's the only time I've had a hard time maintaining a line.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Ill have to wait till April to receive mine.. Hopefully I'll still be into the game by then.
April? **** I have till August.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
^ Is it really that bad? I usually watch the MPH/KPH to get an idea on how "fast" the car is going.
Yep. I will try again tonight and get some actual data on it. Most of my comparisons where I really noticed it was on Laguna Seca, which I have driven quite a lot in real life.

Originally Posted by zulatron
GT5 ****ing sucks, i have been waiting YEARS for this game as has everyone else, and its a major let down. i was expecting much much more from this game and im back to playing forza. look forward to forza 4 i guess...
No, it doesn't suck. It's okay to not like it, and it does have some issues - but it most certainly does not suck.

Originally Posted by huck
I utterly hate GT5's broken, rushed content but at the same time I can't stop playing it. With that being said, who knew Gran Turismo would make me a Forza fanboy.
They are both very different. I really wish someone would combine the good parts, and make a new game that meets all the needs. Problem is, this would be my idea and people would probably disagree with me.

If I could have the modifiction abilities from Forza with the game play from GT5, that would be great. I have all the Forzas and they are really great games but they are more like a video game than a driving simulator. This is not a bad thing, but I find that the driving and playing during an on-track session - GT5 is more engaging for me personally and I find myself liking this game a whole lot more than Forza 3. It will be very exciting to see what happens next with Forza.

I remember when I got Forza 2 and thought it was so much better than GT at the time. One of my biggest complaints with both series games was how you could set up everything perfectly, and the AI would have the guy next to you tap your quarter panel and send you spinning off the track. When you get frustrated and try to ram the AI cars off the track, you simply cannot. Combine the "unfair" feel with the stupidity of a simulator having million dollar cars bashing into each-other, and yeah - that sucked. I feel this is completely fixed in GT5.

Also, I FINALLY figured out how to turn off traction control on my 512BB, and got 6 golds back to back right after each other. It made SUCH a huge difference. I was sticking and moving with the other cars, but after turning it off, I would climb to 1st usually in the 1st lap and never see the other cars again. Good times.

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5