Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
I want to punch their UI designer in the face. Took us 20 minutes to figure out how to turn off the race music. Why are there half a dozen different options menus? And heaven forbid you should try to enter a race menu with the wrong car or tires currently selected. Why isnt there a "would you like to select the correct car from your garage" popup?

The rewards from the special areas are pretty unbalanced. We had half a million credits and were level 12 before we'd even started an a-spec race. Must be at least 3-5 times the xp and credits for trophies.

The rally challenges are unexciting and whats with the rally navigator forgetting to call out at least one note per challenge.

And for how detailed the cabins are can someone explain to me why we have such horrendous shadows?

I think Sony put their foot down. For how amazing certain areas of the game are (physics, karting...), some areas seem quite rushed. Or was it that they missed the big picture cuz they spent so much time picking over the details?
Old 11-25-2010, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Don't get me wrong. I will play the **** out of this... it's gonna be a blast. But I'm a tad disappointed. I'm now looking forward to see what Forza brings to the table.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by huck
I want to punch their UI designer in the face. Took us 20 minutes to figure out how to turn off the race music. Why are there half a dozen different options menus? And heaven forbid you should try to enter a race menu with the wrong car or tires currently selected. Why isnt there a "would you like to select the correct car from your garage" popup?

The rewards from the special areas are pretty unbalanced. We had half a million credits and were level 12 before we'd even started an a-spec race. Must be at least 3-5 times the xp and credits for trophies.

The rally challenges are unexciting and whats with the rally navigator forgetting to call out at least one note per challenge.

And for how detailed the cabins are can someone explain to me why we have such horrendous shadows?

I think Sony put their foot down. For how amazing certain areas of the game are (physics, karting...), some areas seem quite rushed. Or was it that they missed the big picture cuz they spent so much time picking over the details?
Yea it took me a while to figure out where the race music was. I had already been to that screen to adjust the controls, but didn't see how to get to where it would be to adjust the music. And they give you the option to listen to your own music, but they won't let you select a playlist, only a song. And I haven't heard the song yet. I mostly did it to get the achievement but thought it would be cool to at least have my music playing on the menu screen.

Yea I noticed that when I won one Kart race I went up almost 2 levels there was so much experience in it. But the karting is really fun.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:59 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX

Yeah some crap is really pixelated. The shadows are horrible

but I like having 700K already going to by the Ferrari F1 car
Old 11-26-2010, 03:47 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i'm a bit annoyed with force feedback.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM
9 to 5 mod

Don't get me wrong. I will play the **** out of this... it's gonna be a blast. But I'm a tad disappointed. I'm now looking forward to see what Forza brings to the table.
Totally OT but I was at teh LA auto show and saw the block head sticker on a fiesta
Old 11-26-2010, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
You guys, is GT5's physics a significant improvement over the joke of GT4's physics? Or is it just as bad as GT4?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
Yeah some crap is really pixelated. The shadows are horrible

but I like having 700K already going to by the Ferrari F1 car
I think it was said that at some times when it's trying hard to get everything to come through the system would bog down and cause some pixelation.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
i'm a bit annoyed with force feedback.
The $129.99 Wheel, the Driving Force GT? What's annoying about it? I'm gonna have my wife pick me up one of these for Christmas.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
If you've all been reading the GT Planet forums, Kaz Yamauchi said he's going to be updating and patching in the weeks and months to come. First one is this Saturday so stay tuned. This game has a lot of fixing to do.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
I use the Driving force GT also, and it's annoying for me too. Haven't been able to figure out yet how to countersteer to save losing your tail. The force feedback is nice to have during the smooth ez turns, but it won't help you get a "feel" for the car.

Does turn in seem slow to anyone? Or maybe I'm not used to driving stock cars anymore.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:25 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I think it was said that at some times when it's trying hard to get everything to come through the system would bog down and cause some pixelation.
I am doing the photo of my motul civic hatch back
Old 11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by 2cam16
If you've all been reading the GT Planet forums, Kaz Yamauchi said he's going to be updating and patching in the weeks and months to come. First one is this Saturday so stay tuned. This game has a lot of fixing to do.
Grrrr dont patch it, its fine
Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 AM

Car Info: Fast
What do you guys think of the B Spec mode where you have an AI driver? It is annoying at times, but I think it is pretty cool. Especially when I want to continue earning money while I am posting here
Old 11-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
Originally Posted by aboothman
What do you guys think of the B Spec mode where you have an AI driver? It is annoying at times, but I think it is pretty cool. Especially when I want to continue earning money while I am posting here
only use i had for it on gt4 was doing indurance races. give mine's r34, enter race, watch tv.

i'll give it a try once i run out of stuff to do on a-spec and specials

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5