got ticket on 280n for going 85 when i had my cruise ctl set to 75mph

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Ask for the Critical Speed limit (this limit is where someone sits on the side of the road, and laser tracks the speed of every 5th car, not starting from a stop). I guarantee if that road is as fast as you say it goes, the critical speed limit will be around 70-75, and just pay the difference from your REAL speed, not his fake speed he wrote on your ticket.

Critical Speed Limit = Speed the people drive on the road. In most cases, most people are always above the 65limit. No one drives the damn posted speed limit on any road except maybe when children are present.

I dated some girl who used to work for a company that catches critical speed limits. (they sit on the side of the road, scan every 5th car) not just on freeways, but on regular roads too. They average it out after getting rid of the low and high radicals and also cars from a stop light, the 5th car that goes through at least to come up with the average or critical speed that people drive on the road at that particular section.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
Originally Posted by ruehl
my friend got a 32 in a 30 campus police ftl
does campus police ticket count as a stupid point on your record if you get caught?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
The campus police at my school are real police, they just have a station on campus and one on the other end of the city. They bust parties and hide in bushes on bikes to give california stop tickets since the city is super small and has 3 stations
Old 03-07-2010, 09:50 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by owencalouro
but i wasn't doing 85, i was doing 75. Yes it sucks, yes its unfair. You guys can flame me all you want for complaining, but if the shoe was on the other foot you know you would be griping about it.
My main agreement here, is that my punishment will not be suited to my crime due to a higher speed ticket, that I was just not going.
No, were flaming on your for talking back to an LEO. instead of being a man and admitting you were speeding ( regardless of what speed he said, you were in fact speeding; speed limit is NOT 75mph ), you would rather talk back to him? shows real brains mate, real brains. good luck, you definitely ****ing need it with that attitude.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
rule one when dealing with anyone... treat them the way you want to be treated. if your an *** then expect the other person to be the same right back. they are doing a job. you got caught so be it. pay the fine go to court and thats it. people always blow up about getting pulled over, who cares alot of people get stoped. if your gonna break the law you might get caught. you cant get mad at the system becasue you were the one caught. just my 2cents
Old 03-07-2010, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 04 FXT
Next time when he's standing by your window, punch him in the FUPA. )
Old 03-07-2010, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX LTD 4eat
i think people need a reminder haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
Old 03-07-2010, 11:14 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by wrxchase
i think people need a reminder haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
Old 03-08-2010, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
I figured out y i got this ticket, it wasn't because I was speeding, it's because I took my bike rack and keep Tahoe blue sticker off to wash my car. I put the rack on my car about a year ago after my last ticket for modded exhaust, and haven't had a cop look twice at me after that. Proof that a Yakima rack is your best defense against the wrong side of the law.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
I figured out y i got this ticket, it wasn't because I was speeding, it's because I took my bike rack and keep Tahoe blue sticker off to wash my car. I put the rack on my car about a year ago after my last ticket for modded exhaust, and haven't had a cop look twice at me after that. Proof that a Yakima rack is your best defense against the wrong side of the law.
That maybe true, if it's here in the Bay Area.

My gf got a ticket a month or so ago on 80, about an hour away from NorthStar. She was actually speeding, though. IMO, a loaded snowboard rack is like a moving target for them on those roads.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 05 OBP LGT LTD. Sedan
fight it in court saying that 85 was not the measured speed and ask for proof of this supposed speed that he saw you at. if he has no proof in theory you should be able to get off with it. If you got a good driving history then your words are strong against his but if you got a driving record like mine then get your sentence reduced.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
do you think its smart to say i had my cruise set to 75, which i did, and go for the cheaper ticket. Or just say i am not guilty and leave it at that.
BTW, I have a very good driving record, just 1 window tint and one exhaust fix it, with no accidents in 15 years of driving.
Yah and hwy80 up to tahoe is so bad, that area must make so much money off speeding subies, every-time I go that way I see multiple STIs pulled over.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
I think we should regularly go over the 6 steps to fighting a ticket the TicketAssassin way, and more importantly teach everyone that drives a subaru EXACTLY what to do when you get pulled over. I've been saved a few times by the way I talk to cops and act around them, and it will work for you too.

Always be polite and courteous.

As soon as you see that you are being pulled over, do not try to move stuff around in your car or look for your papers. Just stop and await instructions from the officer. (at night you may keep driving at 5mph under the speed limit with either turn or hazard indicators on until you reach a place to pull over that is well lit and if possible slightly off the road for the safety of both you and the officer)

Keys out, on the dash.

Sleeves pulled up enough for the cop to see you can't be hiding anything.

Hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel.

Both front windows rolled down. (only go down 1/4 of the way at night until you are convinced that it really is an officer of the law, then drop it all the way)

Map light turned on (only at night)

Music turned off. No one wants to get their *** beat to a soundtrack. (Unless you keep the Bad Boys theme music instantly available in your car, which I do, then you can keep it just loud enough for the LEO to recognize the beat. MY subie can't do this because my radio turns off with the keys out but my pontiac can.)

This has gotten me out of every sort of trouble, the least of which was car-related. My goal with any LEO encounter is to make the cop feel completely relaxed. This works VERY well and I highly recommend that you try this the next time you get pulled over.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:43 AM

Car Info: .
do you think its smart to say i had my cruise set to 75, which i did, and go for the cheaper ticket. Or just say i am not guilty and leave it at that.
You were going 75, you were speeding, period. Ask the judge for a reduction in fine and traffic school, claim financial hardship and point to your good driving record.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
rau
Something Custom

Yakima rack = break the law and get away with it?
All these criminals and **** in prison are doing it all wrong then

Id point out your flawed logic Sir Issac Newton, but I dont wanna make your universe inplode........

BTW, I have a very good driving record, just 1 window tint and one exhaust fix it, with no accidents in 15 years of driving.
Yah and hwy80 up to tahoe is so bad, that area must make so much money off speeding subies, every-time I go that way I see multiple STIs pulled over.
Id like to present to the jury, Exhibit A.......

Quick Reply: got ticket on 280n for going 85 when i had my cruise ctl set to 75mph