Got a Ref ticket...:-(

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by dub599
you guys who have had problems with this d-bag need to file official complaints and have them put in his file. enough complaints and they wont keep him around much longer. i would also wait until after you have passed your ref before filing the complaint, so he can't make things harder for you some how.
http://www.fremontpolice.org/faq/thx/thx_form.html
That link is for compliments, not complaints lol

Plus I'm sure there's been a boatload full of complaints on this guy. But he's probably FPD's #1 revenue generating officer, so he won't get fired any time soon.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 2006 sti
you guys are gonna love this. the wife drove my truck to work this morning because her GC needs a new 02 sensor. assface was sitting in a turn out watching traffic and gave her a thumbs up. last week i installed a gt38r(loud *** turbo)and retuned the truck so its hitting 25psi right off idle,spitting smoke. its official,its what you drive not how your driving it.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:04 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by nation
you guys are gonna love this. the wife drove my truck to work this morning because her GC needs a new 02 sensor. assface was sitting in a turn out watching traffic and gave her a thumbs up. last week i installed a gt38r(loud *** turbo)and retuned the truck so its hitting 25psi right off idle,spitting smoke. its official,its what you drive not how your driving it.
its so sad that its funny
Old 04-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
turbo diesels have it easy. even in my area no ops gives about cars smelling like fuel or diesels spitting smoke.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 AM

The reason why I only have a prodrive axle-back and nothing else as far as engine mods. Rosette is notorious but there are other cops that will pick on you also. I got popped in downtown san jose going to work obeying the law. I got state-reffed on my last suby and didn't think it was worth it anymore.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:48 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Wow I wish there was some way to nail him for this...setup cameras and drive cars by to see what he pulls over...drive your truck past and then drive a quieter less modified subaru or other modified car by and see what happens
Old 04-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
^^ He is under no obligation to fill any affirmative action like quota...

"Damn - hit my cap on Honda tickets - have to move on to Subaru's.."

most likely to receive a citation:

Punk kid in loud import >>>>> Chick in diesel truck..

Also - one of those two is statistically a helluva lot more likely to go do something stupid and get people dead..
Old 04-20-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bouncer
^^ He is under no obligation to fill any affirmative action like quota...

"Damn - hit my cap on Honda tickets - have to move on to Subaru's.."

most likely to receive a citation:

Punk kid in loud import >>>>> Chick in diesel truck..

Also - one of those two is statistically a helluva lot more likely to go do something stupid and get people dead..
Yeah "women drivers, no survivors"
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Shields
Yeah "women drivers, no survivors"
fuuuuuuuu beat me to it hahahhahah
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 08 WRX 4dr
Lightbulb Diesel Smog

Don't get too excited about Diesel Vehicles... Last year NEW law passed. Now there's a SMOG on Diesel Vehicles, 1998 and above with GVW 14,000 pounds or less... Keep that in mind when you mod your diesel vehicle... and its EVERY 2 years, New vehicle or NOT...

Sucks to live in Cali...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by iMPoRT GeeK
Don't get too excited about Diesel Vehicles... Last year NEW law passed. Now there's a SMOG on Diesel Vehicles, 1998 and above with GVW 14,000 pounds or less... Keep that in mind when you mod your diesel vehicle... and its EVERY 2 years, New vehicle or NOT...

Sucks to live in Cali...
i have to agree on this. Hence why i want my daily to be a 95-97 dodge
Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Sucks to live in Cali...
lol we got a memo last month that 90% of the diesel smogs that were done since the program started statewide were done wrong. your normal smog tech isnt gonna know when you swapped turbos. all we check for is check engine and exhaust smoke. emission equipment wise there isnt much on them.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:05 PM

Car Info: 08 WRX 4dr
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
lol we got a memo last month that 90% of the diesel smogs that were done since the program started statewide were done wrong. your normal smog tech isnt gonna know when you swapped turbos. all we check for is check engine and exhaust smoke. emission equipment wise there isnt much on them.

well you made it sound easy... I know is all visual inspection, but you also have to check for visual smoke, Piggy back system?, can NOT raise boost or any mod to the engine/turbo/exhaust/etc... I know MOST smog tech check only what you listed above, but there are MORE that what u said... and that is the reason WHY most diesel smog check are done incorrectly... But with all that said, I still think Diesel Smog is a joke...
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM

well you made it sound easy... I know is all visual inspection, but you also have to check for visual smoke, Piggy back system?, can NOT raise boost or any mod to the engine/turbo/exhaust/etc... I know MOST smog tech check only what you listed above, but there are MORE that what u said... and that is the reason WHY most diesel smog check are done incorrectly... But with all that said, I still think Diesel Smog is a joke...
heres a picture i took of whats on a 2005 ford diesel truck as per our manual. i check for pcv, egr and cat. i make sure the truck doesnt smoke (most diesels will smoke to a certain extent when giving them gas so this one is entirely up to the tech) and you have to have your monitors running in the obd2 checks w/ a functional check engine light that isnt on.

trust me brah checking a diesel isnt that hard but people have been entering stuff like ignition spark controls, evap, carburetor and o2 sensor pass on some of the diesel trucks. thats where the tests were done wrong. most techs are intimidated when it comes to diesels because shops dont work on them and they gave us pretty poor training when it comes to identifying parts on them.

so yea its pretty easy to mod a diesel and not get screwed when it comes to smogs. if its outta sight, majority of the techs will not know the difference.
Attached Thumbnails Got a Ref ticket...:-(-downsized_0421011312.jpg  

Last edited by FXTbrah; 04-21-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2003 wrx
hey if the police were so desperate to pull us over they would already be sitting infront of our houses waiting for us to leave. basically the way i look at it is "out of sight out of mind" if they cant see it or hear it then they cant mess with me. i travel from hayward cali, to san jose cali everyday and pass undercovers and cruisers left n right. they dont look at me only because when i pass them im feathering the gas. keyword feathering, but for someone who has full 3in exhaust, 3in catless dp,catless uppipe,cai,and cobb v2 stage 2 setup they sure can hear me but i try my best to not be heard. (knocks on wood)

Quick Reply: Got a Ref ticket...:-(