Got a Ref ticket...:-(

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
if you have a smaller turbo like an 16g, 18g, or vf series turbo the reff wont know the difference.
They know a lot. if its not stamped either.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
since im back in the game now i think i can help.
first,leave the turbo on and install the heat shield. throw a stock DP on. go to the ref station at the solano college. the guy owns and tunes subys so hes friendly.
have him measure your exhaust sound and check out your car. he wont fail you for a sti tmic and he def could give a **** about your turbo swap.

last year my wife got a ticket from the same assclown. even after running my plates and they came up solano SO he still tried to screw with her. she called me and told her to take the ticket and i would handle it. he said the same things to her. like if he saw her again driving the car he would tow it regardless who I was.

got the exhaust measured and copied the proof that all parts were legal(he either missed the ewg or didnt care lol)

he pulled her over again about a month later. lets just say he wasnt happy about being outsmarted. not to mention he was made aware that the next time he rode his harley into VV that he would be treated the same.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
ya my friend had defi gauges, and the ref said they were illegal.
your friend should report that station asap. they get funding and it can be taken away if they keep doing stuff like that. when i took mine in the ref pointed out that the station in sac was failing people for have a wideband installed.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:01 PM

Car Info: 1975 Ford Pinto
the gauges for failing ive seen happen at the ref. I also witness them say turbotimers also!

this is at evergreen, where they teach you to be smog tech lol. One of the guys were training, and they said make sure you look for any gauges, turbo timers, etc, if you see them just mark it as a fail.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
my moms volvo comes with a turbo timer stock will it fail? LOL
Old 04-10-2011, 06:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Where in Fremont did you get cited?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:46 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX- MBP
sent you a hypothetical pm :-)

Originally Posted by nation
since im back in the game now i think i can help.
first,leave the turbo on and install the heat shield. throw a stock DP on. go to the ref station at the solano college. the guy owns and tunes subys so hes friendly.
have him measure your exhaust sound and check out your car. he wont fail you for a sti tmic and he def could give a **** about your turbo swap.

last year my wife got a ticket from the same assclown. even after running my plates and they came up solano SO he still tried to screw with her. she called me and told her to take the ticket and i would handle it. he said the same things to her. like if he saw her again driving the car he would tow it regardless who I was.

got the exhaust measured and copied the proof that all parts were legal(he either missed the ewg or didnt care lol)

he pulled her over again about a month later. lets just say he wasnt happy about being outsmarted. not to mention he was made aware that the next time he rode his harley into VV that he would be treated the same.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM

refs willfully failing just cause they are lazy will loose funding. i know,back in my "crew" days we got the vacaville stationed rep shutdown. he was failing people for having k&n filters. he was also caught scrapping off carb stickers.

read the VC on the law. its handy. theres a sticker that states what your car has for smog parts. just recently my friend pass with a spearco tmic,k&n tube intake,hta68 and 740cc injectors. its all in how you present. also,the solano college ref guy is a suby lover.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:19 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX- MBP
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
Where in Fremont did you get cited?
Fremont and decoto area. Near the luckys
Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by cueballsi
sent you a hypothetical pm :-)
Fight corruption with corruption!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Id like to video tape him riding his harley and turn that **** into the department and the mercury news. Total asshat move on that cops part.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Id like to video tape him riding his harley and turn that **** into the department and the mercury news. Total asshat move on that cops part.
I'll let you borrow my go pro with the suction mount. Just drive next to him with that sucker stuck on your hood. LOL!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by nation
your friend should report that station asap. they get funding and it can be taken away if they keep doing stuff like that. when i took mine in the ref pointed out that the station in sac was failing people for have a wideband installed.
Yeah. Some refs are straight ****. If it didn't come on the car from the factory (and in some cases even if it did) they'll fail you. Some are a bit more friendly and understand that some things have nothing to do with emissions and that's what they're suppose to be looking for.

When I got ref'd I passed with several aftermarket parts because they either had carb numbers or where covered up. Even with a steep cam I passed the sniffer by a country mile.

I really need to get in and get my exhaust tested so if my wife ever gets pulled she can give them the print out and hope for the best. Some leo's will still write you up.

Did I miss how we figured out what leo this is? I can't read apparently. By the comments and the harley I can take a 99% accurate guess. LOL.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Argh man... Officer Rosetti!

I used to live in Fremont and always see him on his Bike or Truck. He is legend and prob has popped more people than anyone else in the bay.

check it:
http://www.ratemycop.com/index.php?o...ile&user=77649
Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Yeah. I figured. Dude rung up a buddy of mine for being too low in a 63 bel air.

Funny thing is... the citation he used was crap. Unless things have changes, the only laws for vehicle height pertain to the height of the headlights and one that says that no part of your vehicle can be lower than the vehicle's rim. So on our cars that's about 2 inches. LOL!

My caddy friggin SLAMMED! If you can roll a beer can under it it's too high. LOL!!

Quick Reply: Got a Ref ticket...:-(