Got a Ref ticket...:-(

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Car Info: 06 STI
Spend a saturday and put the car back to stock. Get it signed off and you can put the parts back on. It seems like a hassle, but installing parts 2nd time around is pretty quick.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:06 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
cops like to abuse their powers , last night My 2 friends and I got pulled over in SF because our headlights shorted so we were using foglights (2nd gen integra foglights are in the headlights) the foglights are bright enough to see and are infact HID. He gave us a ticket for non correctable headlights and driving with fog lights. He was screaming at the time of his lungs flaying his arms around for no good reason he acted like we were drinking and ran a stop sign barely hitting him or something. Some cops are real douche bags.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX- MBP
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by antonch
Spend a saturday and put the car back to stock. Get it signed off and you can put the parts back on. It seems like a hassle, but installing parts 2nd time around is pretty quick.
i think the kicker is that I just put in a new turbo and tune last week... lmao my girl didn;t even get to ride in the car and now i need to put it to stock... :-( yea.... I just moved into the east bay... i was less than .5 miles away from my house !

I saw him an hour before he pulled me over... I was at the lucky's talking to another iclubber... shoot the Ish ... and then we were going to back to my plce to look at some parts i have... HE FLEW down the hill... i swear almost hitting me.... i thought at first he was trying to get by ... but he pulled me over and had a HUGE attitude... I was polite call him sir or officer every time. But he was just rude the whole time!!!.... I just don't get it.... this incident might just break my heart and IDK wtf I will do after I ref the car..... Just so sad.... was finally getting it to how I liked it......

Last edited by cueballsi; 04-10-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
I guess if you don't want to attract police attention you should run a stock cat-back and remove your tint?

Front tints, loud pipes and missing front number plates are a real attention grabber to the cops.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:40 PM

yea took the tint off today... I have a Borla Hush... debating to leaving it on when I go to the ref.....

Originally Posted by glenspen
I guess if you don't want to attract police attention you should run a stock cat-back and remove your tint?

Front tints, loud pipes and missing front number plates are a real attention grabber to the cops.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon,07 gsxr 600, 09 GSXR 750
sorry man i feel really bad for him getting you and not me, ive been state reffed twice so i know how your felling, i was really confused about the whole situation??? i have three cops in the family and they all say the same thing about rosetti hes a effin ******* they've tried to get him to retire or transferred somewhere else but he wont do it.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I thought the maddad whisper and the borla hush both came under the 95 allowed decibel reading. maddad is ~2 decibels quieter than the borla hush.

from fastwrx on the borla hush:
Measuring 20" back from the exhaust outlet, we recorded 80 db at idle, and only 88.5 db at 3,000 rpm. The stock system is 87 db at 3,000 rpm!
I think you'll be fine if you put a stock downpipe on as far as exhaust goes.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
The turbo has nothing to do with smog. Stock vs 35r has no difference. Keep the turbo and tune one the car just swap the down pipe and use a stock exhaust.
Smog and ref are way different.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
The turbo has nothing to do with smog. Stock vs 35r has no difference. Keep the turbo and tune one the car just swap the down pipe and use a stock exhaust.
I remember when AVE got reffed, they even failed him for having gauges so a turbo will definitely fail.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 AM

Car Info: 06 STI
Originally Posted by cueballsi
yea took the tint off today... I have a Borla Hush... debating to leaving it on when I go to the ref.....
The more stock your car is, the easier it will be to pass. I would put everythign back to stock so you don't give the ref an excuse not to pass you.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by glenspen
I remember when AVE got reffed, they even failed him for having gauges so a turbo will definitely fail.
if you have a smaller turbo like an 16g, 18g, or vf series turbo the reff wont know the difference.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
ya my friend had defi gauges, and the ref said they were illegal.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
ya my friend had defi gauges, and the ref said they were illegal.
wtf... why.... dam it i need to take that out too!!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 12:06 PM

Car Info: 2005 sti
Kill that cop next time... Lol
Old 04-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX WRB Sedan
Hey, sorry to hear about your reff problem mate. I've gotten a ticket from him too back in 2010 for a loud exhaust. I was running a greddy evo 2 with stock downpipe and everyone knows that it is NOT loud.

Anyways, if you need to borrow a stock dp and exhaust, lmk. i have them sitting in my garage.

BTW, i've reffed my car multiple times. make sure you car has oil or they'll make you reschedule lol. I've always been to the evergreen valley college state ref, they're pretty cool there. to top it off, they have students helping at times

Quick Reply: Got a Ref ticket...:-(