got pulled over by a danville cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Angry got pulled over by a danville cop

long...

I just got utec installed, so i was looking at the log while my brother was driving me to work in my car. As we just pulled out of the residential area where danville turns into san ramon, a contra costa sheriff cop in the new black & white crown victoria pulls us over when he is about at least 20 car lengths back. He says "i pulled you over because of your modified exhaust, "where is the baffle(refering to a silencer" blah blah, blah, pop open your hood". "that intake filter needs to have a special sticker on it, on the inside of the hood, or in the engine bay" "what is this right here(pointing to the red intake manifold" by the way, this guy is a total ***. So i tell him its a intake manifold and its stock along with the intercooler he just asked about and the seats come stock too. And he tells me that im lucky because he doesnt have slips to write me up because im in san ramon and he asks what is that thing right there(pointing to the utec(my carpet is all up, i jsut installed it and i had to go to work). so i tell him its to moniter my engine's a/f, and he asks if its for race use. determined to say its for racing, so im like sureee. then he asks if i have holes in my brakes, im like.....in my rotors?? and he says, yes holes in the rotors are a bad and really illlegal and im glad you dont have any. he then says he needs to take pictures of my mods, but isnt going to take pics of the license plates.

his last words were "this car gets alot of attention, and you WILL be getting alot of attention". Im now 20 minuites late for work.

this is just a heads up for you guys, i think this sheriff was on duty for the hot augest nights. but ive passed many cops on san ramon valley blvd and i havnt had any trouble.

im just a little pissed
-kevin
Old 08-27-2004, 12:42 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
from what ive read i understand he didnt issue u a ticket right? yeah cops are pretty messed up with this whole modified garbage they are after, but u know street racing is crap and i dont hitkn cops can tell between a real car enthusiast and a typical ricer but hey..atleast he didnt give u a ticket and i guess hes just warning you with those last words. sorry to hear about this incident though..being late for work and all, i seriously think cops should stick to serving and protecting instead of being *******s with nothing better to do.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Stage 4+ Bugeye
It is a rule of thumb. . . .

My dad owns a resturaunt in pleasanton that sees a lot of "good guys" carshow traffic, the cops are out trying to make sure the drunk people arent driving and no one is doing anything stupid. Those are the PPD cops.

The sheriff's department are the guys that always pull them over when they are around the area the car shows are at usually.

The fact that he took pictures is retarded, I am a cadet for GGPD and SRPD and I have never heard of taking pictures of mods without impounding the car.

Holes in your breaks ?! Come on now that is going out of his way to be a hard sweaty ****. There is no way in the blue hell that drilled rotors are illegal

Sorry you were late, enjoy workin these late hours. .

Rush
Old 08-27-2004, 01:00 AM

Wish these cops would move somewhere where there was actual crime occuring so they wouldn't spend time on bull**** like this. Officers like that should be summarily terminated.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
officer Rosette took pics of my engine and such when I got nabbed by him a few years ago. Bastard.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:09 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
sorry to hear about what happened to you kevin.

seriously though, cops around san ramon and ESPECIALLY plesanton like to pick on the import cars. in the years that i have lived here, i have never seen an american car get pulled over for their loud exhaust'. instead i see all these japanese cars get pulled over for having modified exhaust. isnt a flowmaster on a mustang or camero considered modified exhaust too? how come those guys dont get dicked where their cars are loud as ****. man i got dicked once in plesanton, because i had no plates. i KNOW the cop saw the sticker on my front window, but he still wanted to **** with me because my car was lowered and had an exhaust. because of that stupid cop that had nothing better to do..i have to go to court in a couple weeks.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:10 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
i take that statement back about san ramon cops. theyre nice as hell. i remember a lot of incidents with san ramon cops, and they just let us go. =]
Old 08-27-2004, 02:08 AM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Douchebag
Old 08-27-2004, 02:52 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by dynamicprojeKtz
sorry to hear about what happened to you kevin.

seriously though, cops around san ramon and ESPECIALLY plesanton like to pick on the import cars. in the years that i have lived here, i have never seen an american car get pulled over for their loud exhaust'. instead i see all these japanese cars get pulled over for having modified exhaust. isnt a flowmaster on a mustang or camero considered modified exhaust too? how come those guys dont get dicked where their cars are loud as ****.
unfortunately, they MIGHT be using the modified exhaust, which by law, CAN BE LEGAL, like a cat back, to stop you.

then, by the reason of stopping you for modified exhaust, led to probable cause to get you to open your hood. now, that stuff AINT LEGAL and that's where they hammer you...

plus most mustangs, camaros, etc, have CARB'ed stuff under the hood. so if they have cat backs, the cops cant really do much.

but cros drilled rotors being illegal? come on... maybe he meant cross drilled brake LINES?
Old 08-27-2004, 07:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by ldivinag
unfortunately, they MIGHT be using the modified exhaust, which by law, CAN BE LEGAL, like a cat back, to stop you.

then, by the reason of stopping you for modified exhaust, led to probable cause to get you to open your hood. now, that stuff AINT LEGAL and that's where they hammer you...

plus most mustangs, camaros, etc, have CARB'ed stuff under the hood. so if they have cat backs, the cops cant really do much.

but cros drilled rotors being illegal? come on... maybe he meant cross drilled brake LINES?
hahaha, or fuel injector cleaner for the carburated engine.....
Old 08-27-2004, 07:34 AM

Car Info: Red 04 WRX Wagon
I am always seeing these threads about cops messin with modified WRXs. I dunno if I want to Mod my car now. I try to avoid being pulled over as much as possible.

It seems this happens more in california than in other states.

Does anyone else outside cali get harassed as much?

hmmm...
Old 08-27-2004, 08:19 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
So what does it do if they take pics of the car?
Do they prevent you to bring the car back to stock and have it ceritfied by the state referee?
I mean those tickets are called "fix it" for a reason right? (So you can fix it? )

Daniel after they took pics of your car what happened (did it make it bad, worse or what)?

Regards

Nick
Old 08-27-2004, 08:42 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
From the way the questions were being asked, he seems like he is trying to learn about the car. He may have other intentions for the next guy. I'll be staying away from that part of town I think.

Sorry you had to go thru that. I was sent to the state ref with stickers on my stuff saying it's legal. State ref didn't even bother with it. Judge threw it out.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Red Bar0n
I am always seeing these threads about cops messin with modified WRXs. I dunno if I want to Mod my car now. I try to avoid being pulled over as much as possible.

It seems this happens more in california than in other states.

Does anyone else outside cali get harassed as much?

hmmm...

this is the first time in over a year that ive been pulled over for mods. danville and san ramon cops dont care unless im speeding or doing something bad. but i still think that this sheriff was out to help the hot augest nights in downtown danville.

-kevin
Old 08-27-2004, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
Is it true there are two different violations?
Loud exchaust and modified exchaust?

And is it true that if you get cited for loud exchaust the state ref will test the noise of the exchaust but not look whether it is TBE or just Cat Back?

I think Subie Gal in NASIOC did it and she passed even with her TBE (for noise/db)

I guess modified exchaust state ref checks from turbo to tail pipe? Does he check for headers?

Regards

Nick

Quick Reply: got pulled over by a danville cop