Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Borla Hush FTW!!!!

Stealthy mods are always teh betters.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by ldivinag
some drive a completely stock STi and 90% of the time, under the speedlimit... lol...
And? People have been pulled over for illegal mods in stock STi's. I have been pulled over whilst not exceeding the speed limit or doing anything wrong really. Contrary to popular belief, simply obeying the law does not gurantee that you won't get any tickets.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
F T P!!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
From what my uncle (Union City PD) has told me, here is a fair list of what cops look for as probable cause to stop you and you have pop your hood:

- Stickers (even the i-Club sticker)
- Modified exhaust
- Aftermarket wheels
- Window tint
- Hood scoop (even if it's stock)
- FMIC
- Wing (STi wing and aftermarkets)
- Lowered suspension
- Large tach and other visible non-stock gauges
- Body kits
- Under-car lighting (not illegal if done properly)

I would also guess that they would look for the following:
- Custom paint
- Badgeless
- Cleared headlights
- Aftermarket seats
- Roll cage

And for what it's worth, my uncle knew that my dual-tip Stromung exhaust was not stock. And we thought dual-tip was stealth mode... Guess not ;-)
Old 09-27-2006, 06:46 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Angry

Originally Posted by illogical
From what my uncle (Union City PD) has told me, here is a fair list of what cops look for as probable cause to stop you and you have pop your hood:

- Stickers (even the i-Club sticker)
- Modified exhaust
- Aftermarket wheels
- Window tint
- Hood scoop (even if it's stock)
- FMIC
- Wing (STi wing and aftermarkets)
- Lowered suspension
- Large tach and other visible non-stock gauges
- Body kits
- Under-car lighting (not illegal if done properly)

I would also guess that they would look for the following:
- Custom paint
- Badgeless
- Cleared headlights
- Aftermarket seats
- Roll cage

And for what it's worth, my uncle knew that my dual-tip Stromung exhaust was not stock. And we thought dual-tip was stealth mode... Guess not ;-)
Nice, WTF is this world coming to ?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
i know window tint is a major attention getter for cops, my friends has light tint on his acura and he gets pulled over all the time.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:42 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Impreza = menace This is what I was trying to avoid when I got rid of mine. I miss it though. The car I mean.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
It sucks

S.J. cops along with most of the bay area P.D.'s are just trying to crack down on the insane levels of idiocy going on out there. It sucks for most of us responsible drivers that just want to enjoy our cars. You have to admit though, there are just too many damn idiots out there killing themselves or others doing stupid things in cars they think are the fasted modded things on the street while at the same time thinking they are the best drivers in the world.

On top of that the problem of drinking and driving is getting out of control. Especially in any big city (S.J., S.F., Oakland...) where there are plenty of clubs and bars. I was pulled over at 2:30am or so in Discovery Bay a few weeks ago. I was one of three people on the road. There was me, stopped at a stop sign, and a guy driving by with a Coco county patrol car glued to his ***. When they passed, I made my left turn. After about two minutes of driving I noticed the patrol car pulled off the side of the road and stopped. When I passed, he pulled back on, got behind me, and pulled me over. He got to my car and explained that I was stopped for not using my signal when I made the left. No ticket of course.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Gotta love the cops around Disco Bay. They let us go without even a warning when we were racing around on Go-Peds at 1am. Granted, we were trying to catch my uncle on the go-kart, but... :-)
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
S.J. cops along with most of the bay area P.D.'s are just trying to crack down on the insane levels of idiocy going on out there. It sucks for most of us responsible drivers that just want to enjoy our cars. You have to admit though, there are just too many damn idiots out there killing themselves or others doing stupid things in cars they think are the fasted modded things on the street while at the same time thinking they are the best drivers in the world.
Maybe so, but I see a lot of people doing a lot of stupid things and they are NEVER in cars that fit the profile. It's always a lady in a SUV, a dude in a silver Camry. Stuff like that. When I see a car that fits the profile doing something stupid or dangerous, it's something to stop and take notice of. This might be just my experience, but hey - this is what I see out there.

IMHO this new form of accepted profiling is just more easy targets. Oh, you have a spoiler that I spotted from across the way so here's a ticket for something you may or may not do. Woooo. See, finding the actual criminals would be... Hard.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx is gone..911 PORSCHE
I was thinking bout getting one of those supporting police decals but i also wanted to get the pig decal...would that be a good idea? or do u think they might get offended and think im putting the pig for the police...haha
Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 PM

I don't have problems with cops. My view is that I know the law, I know if I broke it. If they want to try to give me a ticket for something I didn't do, they're gonna have a fun time either on the side of the road or in court. I leave it up to them to decide.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by illogical
I don't have problems with cops. My view is that I know the law, I know if I broke it. If they want to try to give me a ticket for something I didn't do, they're gonna have a fun time either on the side of the road or in court. I leave it up to them to decide.
Or, like usual, they just toss the ticket in the window and say "tell it to the judge."
Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Or, like usual, they just toss the ticket in the window and say "tell it to the judge."
Actually, you'd be surprised. If you're respectful about how you tell the officer to go fly a kite, it works.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:20 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx is gone..911 PORSCHE
another pull over.....got a ticket for my catback and i got a ticket for my ROSARY on my mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Got pulled over again...= (