got into an accident reccomend a body shop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
I'll will be able to shoot some pics tomorrow when there is light out.
thanks
Got a hold of him and gave him a heads up. He said he would send you back a pm sometime late tonight or early morning whenever he gets home.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I just got home. Thanks for all the references fellas and of course my Wife. We aim to do the best work.. DemonPossessed you have a pm.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Bryan, you need to get us a stack of business cards or something. My school has a car club and they are always asking for people to do paint and stuff. Makes it easier to just hand them a card. Haha.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:04 AM

Np, I'll get em' to you soon Kevin! Thanks for the word out there. You're an awesome guy!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
ill take a stack of your business cards too....i need a YEAMAN!! shirt lol
Old 06-29-2008, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 05 Mazda 3
If your in the San Jose area go with Michael J's auto body.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:48 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
well, talk to ur insurance. Usually you can recommend your own place and have insurance see if it's under their wing. I have AAA so they have a lot of shops, but if you don't have one of the major companies, Ballz might be the way to go.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:25 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by BoostedB
If your in the San Jose area go with Michael J's auto body.
^That place sucks.

If you are looking for a shop in the San Jose area I'd go with

http://creativekustoms.com/
Old 06-30-2008, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by WagonTale
ill take a stack of your business cards too....i need a YEAMAN!! shirt lol
Yup, I'll get a stack to you too!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:43 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
^^coo
Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
^^What, no shirts?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:39 AM
08.11.84 - 02.14.10

Car Info: a center diff that is going...
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Dude, First thing to do is check with your insurance company and have them recommend a shop (assuming you are not going to cash out and have get the repairs done yourself). They will recommend a location to have the car taken to.

Trust me, I had an accident back when I had my '95 240sx. I took it to my own place instead of going where insurance wanted me to take it to. It took the place 3 weeks to get my car back and it was still not completely fixed right. They managed to replace $3K worth of suspension without ever replacing the Struts/Shocks/Springs on my 240sx so it still didn't even drive right until after I replaced all that stuff on my own. So, definitely have your insurance recommend where to take it to. You will most likely get your car back sooner and done correctly (if it is not right insurance will keep paying for it until it is done right).
Like others in the thread have said. I too would not recommend going to a body shop that they reccomend as I had a not so good experience recently with a body shop certified through my insurance company. I took my car in to have it fixed after a accident. My car was returned to me about 4 weeks later and it was abosolutly horrible. The body lines did not match at all, spots were not cleared, spots had primer showing through and no clear, there was overspray all over and all kinds of crap stuck in the paint due to a bad spray booth and not prepping it right. When I got my car back it was early in the morning and cloudy and I did not look at it like i should have so when I actually looked at it, it was awful. So I called the shop as they offer a warrenty on their work so I bring it back to them. Talk things over with the owner and a employee and point out everything that is wrong. They agreed that those things were obviously needing to be fixed so a week later I get my car back and they fixed some of the clearing issues. They buffed the crap out of my car to get some of the crap out of the paint and swirled the heck out of it. They "fixed" one of the primer spots and sharpied over some of the over spray on my black trim. Needless to say I was not happy. Then right after I got my car back. It had a blown water pump which was damaged in the accident but was not replaced. The parts they did replace they used the cheapest stuff they could. So since I had given them a second chance and they still had not gotten it right, I called the insurance company to see what I could do about it. At this point I was about 7 weeks without my car and kinda tired of all the BS. They told me I could take it to a new shop to get it fixed. Since I know Ballz and the people that work at Yeaman Autobody, I took it there. The took my car apart the next day for the adjuster to look at it. By the time the adjuster got to look at it and ok them to fix it all it had been about 8.5 weeks since this all started with the first shop. Yeaman started to work on my car right after they got the OK. They did the majority of the body work then my car needed to go in to have the water pump replaced as that is what was blown. Yeaman asked me where I wanted to take my car so I told them to take it to Carlsen to have it worked on. It went there and it took them a couple days to have it fixed. They replaced my water pump, and noticed that the "new" radiator that I had had a leak in it so they replaced that too. While they had my timing belt off they asked if I wanted to pay for the parts of a new belt and oil pump as it was all already apart and I had 80k on the car. So I went for it. I cost me a extra 260ish for parts but helped me in the long run. My car went back to Yeaman to be finished and painted. Due to some of the hottest days of the year, they had some issues with the paint so they repainted again and got it right. I picked up my car and went over it very well. I must say that they did a great job with it. Other then the bolts having some markings on them from being put on you would never know that my car had any work done. They are one of the only Diamond certified shops out there and did a great job with my car. I know there are 3-4 subies in there right now that need work done. They are a great shop.

So in short do not trust insurance shops. You may have 7 weeks of wasted time like me.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
^That place sucks.

If you are looking for a shop in the San Jose area I'd go with

http://creativekustoms.com/

+1

Hands down, Creative Kustoms is the best paint/body shop in the bay area from my experience. And he's very close to Campbell/Willow Glen.

Ask for George.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by x002x
if ballz can't do it, go angel autobody and paint.
I can do it!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:16 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by Ballz
I can do it!
w00t.

shoot me a stack of cards too then!

=P

Quick Reply: got into an accident reccomend a body shop?