got into an accident reccomend a body shop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:02 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
got into an accident reccomend a body shop?

Well my girlfriend and I were getting gas today at the 76 station on hamilton/central in campbell. We were in her 08 legacy. She was sitting in the car and I was pumping the gas. Just when I replaced the gas cap, the car jumped at me. I look up to see a 94 ford Taurus had just backed into the driver side front bumper. I was like WTF. The auto tech saw the whole thing happen and he said hes willing to be a witness. So we exchange information.
Apparently the guy who hit my girlfriend's car was delivering parts to the 76 station. he should not be driving. Anyways I am in the need of a good body shop right now. I'm thinking the bumper cover is going to have to be replaced. When you look at the bumper cover there is a spot where it is creased outwards.
UGH this sucks. what a waste of time. The car doesn't even have 3,000 miles yet.
sorry for any misspellings or typos you may have found in this post. i'm tired.
thanks everyone for any suggestions.
Chris
Old 06-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Ballz. PM him.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:48 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
^^ what he said....ballz ftw
Old 06-28-2008, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
if ballz can't do it, go angel autobody and paint.

otherwise go ballz!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:44 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Dude, First thing to do is check with your insurance company and have them recommend a shop (assuming you are not going to cash out and have get the repairs done yourself). They will recommend a location to have the car taken to.

Trust me, I had an accident back when I had my '95 240sx. I took it to my own place instead of going where insurance wanted me to take it to. It took the place 3 weeks to get my car back and it was still not completely fixed right. They managed to replace $3K worth of suspension without ever replacing the Struts/Shocks/Springs on my 240sx so it still didn't even drive right until after I replaced all that stuff on my own. So, definitely have your insurance recommend where to take it to. You will most likely get your car back sooner and done correctly (if it is not right insurance will keep paying for it until it is done right).
Old 06-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX
Damn that sucks Chris! Atleast it wasn't too major right? Hope everything gets done nice and smoothly
Old 06-28-2008, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Dude, First thing to do is check with your insurance company and have them recommend a shop (assuming you are not going to cash out and have get the repairs done yourself). They will recommend a location to have the car taken to.

Trust me, I had an accident back when I had my '95 240sx. I took it to my own place instead of going where insurance wanted me to take it to. It took the place 3 weeks to get my car back and it was still not completely fixed right. They managed to replace $3K worth of suspension without ever replacing the Struts/Shocks/Springs on my 240sx so it still didn't even drive right until after I replaced all that stuff on my own. So, definitely have your insurance recommend where to take it to. You will most likely get your car back sooner and done correctly (if it is not right insurance will keep paying for it until it is done right).

sorry to hear about your bad experiences... but personally i never trusted the places that the insurance company has given me, the only benefit by going to the places that they recommend is that they're usually covered with some means of warranty vs. going to your own place. But for folks like Ballz, if you have'em take care of your car and everything else... well needless to say your car is in very good hands.

imo, i wouldn't recommend going to the insurance company recommended body shop unless you personally know how that shop works and trust them working on your car. otherwise go hit up Ballz, or the shop i went to; Angel Auto Body and Paint... cuz they've done my car twice already now and i have yet to be dissatisfied...

but either way.. i'd trust the recommendations of your fellow iclubbers.

good luck with the end results.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by x002x
if ballz can't do it, go angel autobody and paint.

otherwise go ballz!
Originally Posted by WagonTale
^^ what he said....ballz ftw
Originally Posted by darkonion
Ballz. PM him.
I'll send him a pm.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by x002x
sorry to hear about your bad experiences... but personally i never trusted the places that the insurance company has given me, the only benefit by going to the places that they recommend is that they're usually covered with some means of warranty vs. going to your own place. But for folks like Ballz, if you have'em take care of your car and everything else... well needless to say your car is in very good hands.

imo, i wouldn't recommend going to the insurance company recommended body shop unless you personally know how that shop works and trust them working on your car. otherwise go hit up Ballz, or the shop i went to; Angel Auto Body and Paint... cuz they've done my car twice already now and i have yet to be dissatisfied...

but either way.. i'd trust the recommendations of your fellow iclubbers.

good luck with the end results.
I was thinking the same thing. I think most insurance companies would want to send you to the cheapest body shop.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by khizzle
Damn that sucks Chris! Atleast it wasn't too major right? Hope everything gets done nice and smoothly
Khoi, yeah it wasn't too major It just sucks that it happened to my girls car. I mean it was still new. If it happened to my wrx it would have been a little better considering it already had a buttload of to rock chips... I hope so too.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
I was thinking the same thing. I think most insurance companies would want to send you to the cheapest body shop.
Go to the best body shop you can, since someone else is paying the bill. Insurance will most likely send you to a mid grade body shop (not the worst not the best).

From what i have seen of ballz work, he does a very good high quality work. I would definatly see what he says about the damage.

Since its a new car i would go to the best place that i can to have it repaired.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
Yeah Ballz for sure. Sorry to hear about your girls car man, hope everything works out for the better.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:05 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I will let Ballz (Bryan) know about this, he's at work right now painting. My husbands crew does great work and great prices for I-clubbers Sorry about her car getting banged up. Best thing u can do is pm him pics of the damage and he will go from there. If not so bad they can do as side work but if needed to be can go through shop with insurance. There are I believe 5 I-club members cars going through the shop with insurance atm.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gibz
I will let Ballz (Bryan) know about this, he's at work right now painting. My husbands crew does great work and great prices for I-clubbers Sorry about her car getting banged up. Best thing u can do is pm him pics of the damage and he will go from there. If not so bad they can do as side work but if needed to be can go through shop with insurance. There are I believe 5 I-club members cars going through the shop with insurance atm.
I'll will be able to shoot some pics tomorrow when there is light out.
thanks
Old 06-28-2008, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Avnue audobody in san carlos, they did my car for me and the work that they did is great!

Quick Reply: got into an accident reccomend a body shop?