Google's 'GPhone' Unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by sigma pi
when do you get it?!?!?!1
like everybody else, the 22nd is when it will be delivered.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

got mine yesterday! working good so far, youtube drains the battery pretty quickly.. that's all i used so far so can't really comment much on it yet.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Ugly and clunky. Why get that when you can get an iPhone? Just don't get it.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:07 PM
DTM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STI
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Eh...I'll give Google a few revisions to work out the kinks...plus its ugly.
Kinda looks like a brick.....

But i'd be down to have one in all white!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
because everybody and their mama got an iphone plus my fingers are too fat for iphones keyboard
Old 10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by kspek
because everybody and their mama got an iphone plus my fingers are too fat for iphones keyboard
there's a reason for that.

the fat fingers I can not help... haaa. Mine are pretty chunky too.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
All these carriers can make phones that mimic the i-phone all they want but they will never duplicate. Google is getting close because they have somthing "like" the app store but that's really what makes the i-phone cool is the app store. IMO anyway
Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Cause I don't jock apple like many folks. I like the Iphone 3g, it's finally got enough function and practicality and the price is ok now.

But damn do I hate Itunes and having to buy software only from apple. **** that crap, I love 3rd party software and android being open source. It means there will be lots of cool programs out there for android phones.

The G1 is not I-phone killer, but it's not supposed to be, it's great on it's own right, but the future will hold a phone that really an iphone killer.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:22 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
I cannot stand Apple's stranglehold over every single piece of hard/software it releases.

And now you can't get Quicktime without iTunes anymore...PASS!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Cause I don't jock apple like many folks. I like the Iphone 3g, it's finally got enough function and practicality and the price is ok now.

But damn do I hate Itunes and having to buy software only from apple. **** that crap, I love 3rd party software and android being open source. It means there will be lots of cool programs out there for android phones.

The G1 is not I-phone killer, but it's not supposed to be, it's great on it's own right, but the future will hold a phone that really an iphone killer.
I disagree. I think its sole purpose was to take up the spot as compitition to the iPhone. All press has revolved around that.

I also hate iTunes. I NEVER purchase music through iTunes. I use it o listen to tunes and control my iPod but don't purchase music there. And I have 22 days worth of music on my office computer. haaa.

I am a mac guy so I'm biased but if you can't accept that Apple has the best designs for their hardware around you're crazy. Their stuff is gorgeous and functional. Even a PC guy can recognize that.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Apple has form down. I am not sold on their function just yet.

Apple's business plan is good from a financial standpoint - release a new product with a small developmental step up a few times a year.

Makes for good money, but it's bad enough that almost everything they release is obsolete in 7 months.

I like how their notebooks look, but not their towers (with time I could design a nicer one).
Old 10-22-2008, 01:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by R-Dub
Apple has form down. I am not sold on their function just yet.

Apple's business plan is good from a financial standpoint - release a new product with a small developmental step up a few times a year.

Makes for good money, but it's bad enough that almost everything they release is obsolete in 7 months.

I like how their notebooks look, but not their towers (with time I could design a nicer one).
Everything computer/digital related is obsolete in 7 months or less. Everything. Period. Always bigger better faster.

as for the towers. I disagree. I love the way they look. Very simple and industrial. That's been a love or hate thing since they released. Some praise it some hate it. I like the custom Alien towers and what not too but the nice simple aluminum look of the G5 towers is awesome. Not to mention very durable and very functional. Easy to move around. Easy and organized plug locations and very very easy access to the inner workings of the computer. Its the best all around tower I've seen that wasn't a custom built small business one and it competes with those in my opinion.

Its very well engineered.

And it turns out that you can build one for less than the equivalent Dell. First time ever that I can remember. They're better computers with better software right now.

Function wise. Everything they have right now is very intuitive and user friendly.

That's why they're finally making a move on market share.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Old School

I disagree. I think its sole purpose was to take up the spot as compitition to the iPhone. All press has revolved around that.

I also hate iTunes. I NEVER purchase music through iTunes. I use it o listen to tunes and control my iPod but don't purchase music there. And I have 22 days worth of music on my office computer. haaa.

I am a mac guy so I'm biased but if you can't accept that Apple has the best designs for their hardware around you're crazy. Their stuff is gorgeous and functional. Even a PC guy can recognize that.
I agree that it's awesome stuff, it's the control, the software is limited and controlled. I hate that you can't unlock the phones easily. Its as far as you can be from open source.

Next Jan if there isn't a good andriod phone out, better than the iphone for what I want it to do, then I'll probably pick up a iphone 3g, but when the iphone first came out i used it and hated it.

One thing many people over look is that this is the first android phone, and it won't be the last.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Old School

i hate itunes period. I never bought an Ipod cause I prefer being able to just drag and drop files to my mp3 player. I HATE itunes!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Well I just switched to Ubuntu's Heron and I cannot see myself going back to MS...or switching to Apple.

Quick Reply: Google's 'GPhone' Unveiled