Good place to live in East/South Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:36 PM

Car Info: 05' White RS
Good place to live in East/South Bay?

I have an interview next monday and sounds very positive even over email. The manager and I were talking about motorcycles, FTW!. So, I probobly won't relocate from Sacramento until Augest. Which is when my lease is over.

Now, there is all these cities around Fremont, which is where this job is. As far as being safe and not being to expensive. What is a good area to stay in?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:42 PM

Car Info: 1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
Hmmm, it's pretty difficult as the entire bay area is expensive. If you really want safe, it's pretty hard to beat Cupertino. I'm probably just biased because that's where I'm from, but it's just amazingly safe. There are absolutely no homicides, close to no violent crimes, and auto theft (biggest concern to me) is also low. However, Cupertino is NOT a cheap place to live by any stretch. You might have luck with some apartments or townhouses, but buying a house is going to be very difficult. Expect a small house (1100 sq ft) to run around the 750-800k range).

You might want to look into milpitas. There are some pretty nice areas and it's very close to fremont. Might want to try almaden in san jose as well.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
There are lots of decent areas for decent prices in the Fremont area. I suggest trying to stay pretty close to work and keep the commute down to a minimum
Old 06-06-2006, 04:46 PM

I was refering to the area in general. I will not be looking to buy a condo/townhome or house until i have a few things straight first. Commute down to a min? Eek. Thats going to be a little difficult, lol...

Thanks

Last edited by w1ngzer0; 06-06-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:47 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Originally Posted by ish
There are lots of decent areas for decent prices in the Fremont area. I suggest trying to stay pretty close to work and keep the commute down to a minimum
I agree. Commuting on the 880 is a *****
Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 PM

I would suggest renting in/around Fremont at first because it will be easy for your commute and it will be cheaper than most places on the penninsula. Once you have a feel for the area, you can always move.

Obviously, if you have a motorcycle, it is best to find a place with private garages - although most apt. complexes aren't set up this way.

I would also ask people at the company because they probably have local knowledge about good/bad areas.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
just stay away from the Mission San Jose district in fremont if you're looking. Everything is overpriced....
Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lorry
I would suggest renting in/around Fremont at first because it will be easy for your commute and it will be cheaper than most places on the penninsula. Once you have a feel for the area, you can always move.

Obviously, if you have a motorcycle, it is best to find a place with private garages - although most apt. complexes aren't set up this way.

I would also ask people at the company because they probably have local knowledge about good/bad areas.
That will be my main source of transportation, unless i really need to drive the car i will. But its a sad day when someone wants to steal a 250cc motorcycle
Old 06-06-2006, 08:55 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Originally Posted by ish
AMEN!!!! Thats the most important thing to do in the bay area. Traffic sucks around here.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 PM

Car Info: 02 SUBARU WRX
Cupertino Or North San Jose~
Old 06-06-2006, 10:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
just stay away from the Mission San Jose district in fremont if you're looking. Everything is overpriced....
yea, those are for the ballers, plus isnt that rosette's area...???

fremont is a nice place to live, i have no complaints abuot the area. you can even try milpitas or north san jose, to keep your commute short to the fremont area.

-Ave
Old 06-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Keep the commute as small as possible. Gotcha. Alright dudes. Hopefull i hear if im hired or not that day or soon. But ill keep yah guys updated.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by A.V.E.
yea, those are for the ballers, plus isnt that rosette's area...???

fremont is a nice place to live, i have no complaints abuot the area. you can even try milpitas or north san jose, to keep your commute short to the fremont area.

-Ave
Luckily my parents bought a Mission San Jose district house before the crazy inflation. Also, I know Rosette is in the MSJ district, but I think he's been spotted all over Fremont.

I'd definately try to avoid 880 and try and stick to local roads.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
If your job is in Fremont, you should live near Fremont. Commuting sucks around here.

Also, if your job is anywhere near a BART station (train), you could opt to live up the east bay in areas that are near other BART stations.

I used to live in Cupertino too, but couldn't afford to stay there when we needed to buy a bigger house. Freakin expensive.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
You guys must be living in the rich areas of cupertino. my friends used to live in the rundown part. (dunno how big that part actually is.) my friends cars were always getting broken into. they finally moved because of it. i was always afraid to leave my car there.

Quick Reply: Good place to live in East/South Bay?